Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503337 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Too much plastic on the planet already. Mine are bio-degradable and reusable.  Great for wrapping those fish guts or dead skwirrels in before mailing. ;)

Besides, I am already marketing one, you were scooped yday.

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=39452.60    Reply #89.... :rotflmao:

You need something over those eye holes.    The virus will ride right in there.    Maybe saran wrap....

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
First case just reported in Ramsey, MN  Get ready for the craziness!   :thumbs:

Health officials confirm first case of coronavirus in Minnesota
Published 2 hours agoUpdated 8 mins agoCoronavirusFOX 9

(FOX 9) - Minnesota health officials have confirmed the first case of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Minnesota. State health officials said the case is an older adult in Ramsey County who recently was on a cruise ship with another passenger with a known COVID-19 case.

The Minnesota patient began to develop symptoms on February 25 and sought health care on Thursday, March 5. Samples were tested on Friday, March 6 and came back positive but the Minnesota Department of Health is waiting on CDC confirmation.

1st coronavirus case in Minnesota: Gov. Walz, health officials brief media
Gov. Walz and Minnesota health leaders briefed the media on the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Minnesota.
« Last Edit: March 03/06/20, 05:38:32 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Musta been Deja Vu....... :doofus:

Rebel SS
Master Outdoorsman

Re: corona pandemic~
« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 08:15:07 AM »
Quote from: Cooperman on Yesterday at 08:11:23 AM
My wife sent me these photos from Target yesterday.

Walmart and ALDI was devoid of Tylenol and Advil, too. WTH would ya run out and buy that???!?!  Reminds me of when Hostess went down the tubes some years back, and everyone ran out and bought Twinkies, cupcakes, the fruit pies, etc. Saw them on E-bay for hundreds of dollars!!!  :bonk:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:16:58 AM by Rebel SS »

Everyone check yer Ding-dong!  :rotflmao:

Kraft Mac and cheese will be next! You heard it here first!  :reporter;

« Last Edit: March 03/06/20, 06:02:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You just want the NL to play with your ding a ling....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to spray her with tap water first...gotta be safe! Wet T-shirt, yanno...

And I loaded the truck with comfort food on Monday. Gonna have a Corona Comfort Food truck and make thousands... mac and cheese, mashed taters and gravy, ice cream, warm waffles, Twinkies, Ho-ho's.........they'll be swarming it. Corona will be the last thing on their minds.    :evil:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/20, 08:26:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to spray her with tap water first...gotta be safe! Wet T-shirt, yanno...

And I loaded the truck with comfort food on Monday. Gonna have a Corona Comfort Food truck and make thousands... mac and cheese, mashed taters and gravy, ice cream, warm waffles, Twinkies, Ho-ho's.........they'll be swarming it. Corona will be the last thing on their minds.    :evil:

Corona ok, it's a step up from bud light.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
First case just reported in Ramsey, MN  Get ready for the craziness!   :thumbs:

Health officials confirm first case of coronavirus in Minnesota
Published 2 hours agoUpdated 8 mins agoCoronavirusFOX 9

(FOX 9) - Minnesota health officials have confirmed the first case of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Minnesota. State health officials said the case is an older adult in Ramsey County who recently was on a cruise ship with another passenger with a known COVID-19 case.

The Minnesota patient began to develop symptoms on February 25 and sought health care on Thursday, March 5. Samples were tested on Friday, March 6 and came back positive but the Minnesota Department of Health is waiting on CDC confirmation.

1st coronavirus case in Minnesota: Gov. Walz, health officials brief media
Gov. Walz and Minnesota health leaders briefed the media on the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Minnesota.

So he was sick for 2 weeks before he went to a Dr.  Imagine all of the people he has spread that too already.  We have lost the battle here in safe MN.  Get out of the metro area.  That must be close to RH. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
All infected people should immediately go to Rochester.  Lots of caring people there that would take you in. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
All infected people should immediately go to Rochester.  Lots of caring people there that would take you in. 

You real funny guy!!!  :taz: Don't you have a well you have to drill or something?! Head north! Lotsa ice and cold air there that kills the virus! A few places might even have real tap water up there to spray! You could maybe get a plate of smomed ribs or a smoothie too! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/20, 08:56:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not worried about it.  Never been on a cruise and never will.  I don't like it when your on a big ship with lot's of people.  I don't like to fly also.  I don't even have a passport.  It's a virus and it will pass like all the other one's.  The next time it show's up they will have a shot ready for it and med's to get rid of it.  I worry more about getting the flu but there is no panic about that.  Thousands die each year from the flu.  Death rate for this is very low.  Wash my hands and live my life.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If people spent a lot more time out in the fresh air, I think that would make a big difference. I hate crowds and such too, RH. Never been to Mall of America, and never will be. Although I love flying, hate places like airports that are crowded with people standing in line. State Fair is insane. That's why I even do my grocery shopping on early weekday mornings, or later at nite.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on Reb.  You just like the people you see at Wally's at midnight...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, savin' that for you. Only go there for the very basics anymore when I pick up my prescrip. ALDI and Silver Lake foods get my business. Drove down to S'ville last week for the $2.89 ground chuck and .88 pigger chops at Fareway.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
you have a very good point there.  :rotflmao: after all it's home to the world's finest health care facility. :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck, they're already here...... :rolleyes:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden is having surgery in Cawchester on Thurs. :confused:  :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be there myself seein' the doc.....get a hold of me Art. You've got the info.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden is having surgery in Cawchester on Thurs. :confused:  :pouty:
holy all goes well for the warden Thursday Roony! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Roony's a great guy, but I don't think he's holy.....well, maybe... :angel:   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/20, 03:03:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to the Mrs. on Thursday Art.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What!? No Twinkies or Ding Dongs?!  :doah:

EBay bans sales of masks and hand sanitizer in response to coronavirus price gouging

EBay, trying to crack down on price gougers taking advantage of coronavirus fears, has banned the sales of face masks and hand sanitizer on its site.

The online marketplace told sellers Thursday that it's rejecting listings for N95 and N100 masks, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes and that it is working to remove listings with inflated prices.

It's also removing listings whose titles or descriptions misuse the terms "coronavirus," "COVID-19" or "2019nCoV."

"EBay is taking significant measures to block or quickly remove items on our marketplace that make false health claims," spokesperson Ashley Settle said in a statement. "We are making every effort to ensure that anyone who sells on our platform follows local laws and EBay policies."

The move came the day after California Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency - a declaration that helps the state prepare for the spread of the coronavirus and includes restrictions on raising prices of consumer goods.

"Californians shouldn't have to worry about being cheated while dealing with the effects of coronavirus," state Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra said in a consumer alert. "Our state's price gouging law protects people impacted by an emergency from illegal price gouging on medical supplies, food, gas, and other essential supplies."

Before EBay's announcement, a 20-pack of Gerson 1730 face masks was available for as much as $148, while a pack of five 2.5-ounce Germ-X hand sanitizer bottles cost $500, CNBC reported. (By comparison, two 30-ounce bottles of Germ-X were offered online by Walmart for less than $8 on Friday.) The EBay listings have since been removed.

Other companies with online marketplaces such as Amazon and Walmart have also struggled to manage price gouging from third-party sellers as the coronavirus spreads and panic swells.

Newsom called out Amazon in a tweet Tuesday.

"Seriously, @amazon? These prices are absurd," he wrote, attaching a screenshot of a small bottle of Purell hand sanitizer priced at $79.80 and a 24-pack of Purell at $400 offered by third parties on the site.

Amazon said price gouging is a clear violation of its policies, and noted that it is illegal in some areas - including California. A company representative said it had recently blocked or removed tens of thousands of coronavirus-related listings with inflated prices.

"We are disappointed that bad actors are attempting to artificially raise prices on basic need products during a global health crisis," the Amazon representative said.

Newsom gave Amazon credit for swiftly tackling the issue in a news conference Wednesday.

Online sellers have generally struggled to regulate listings by third-party vendors. A bipartisan group of House lawmakers urged Amazon and EBay executives to crack down on third-party vendors selling fake, stolen or unsafe goods more broadly, and on Monday, members of the House Judiciary Committee introduced a bipartisan bill that increases liability exposure for companies that risk consumers' health or safety.

---
« Last Edit: March 03/08/20, 08:55:53 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: My brother was telling me about this earlier in the week. I couldn't believe the prices he was throwin at me. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a pkg of Twinkies on Ebay right now for $13...... :doah: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/20, 10:32:31 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope the scumbags end up with cases of hand sanitizer and have to give it away for Christmas presents for 20 years since noone would buy it at those prices. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a pkg of Twinkies on Ebay right now for $13...... :doah: :rotflmao:
He quoted 1 example of a guy who thought he was buyin 3 boxes of masks for $40 :tut: & it turned out it was only 3 masks for $40. :crazy: :bonk: :doah: It was 1 of those no returns once it was shipped type of deals so once he figured it out he had to get Ebay to step in to get his cash back. :doofus: Pretty  :sad: all those tryin to rip others off over somethin like this. :thumbs: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I'll post on social media that the bubbles and alcohol in beer kill the virus, and just sit back and see what happens.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
guess this corona stuff has hit closer to home then i thought. :doofus: :doah: i'm supposed to go to Hagar City tomorrow. just got off the phone with the plant manager and he said i wasnt allowed in the plant. i though WTF now????? just the way he said it. this particular meeting is a rather important one as they want to go from the current 3 8 hour shifts, to 2 10 hour shifts.

anyway, he said because i go to several faculities, and the fact that there are 2 cases of the corona in prescott there not allowing any corporate travel, outside venders in the plant.

so i guess its a conference call!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They've cancelled some theater shows here in the city of diverse everything becuz of it.
Watch for churches to close up soon....already changed the communion things so you kinda do yer own with the wine and saltines.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fear not, Glenn's favorite TV channel says there's a cure!  :sleazy: