Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503989 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
my small town of hugo's festival is all stocked up.well as of last night,picked up a few things like reb tp, paper towels,I did notice the over the counter meds were hit,tylenol,I.B pretty much gone,if things get really bad I'll hold up in the house and god forbid start eating the 50 lbs of snow goose breast I have for summer sauage....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Even up here the Tp is getting hammered. We were down to 2 rolls and luckily were able to get some yesterday. They have put a limit of 2 on it here.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just reurned from my errands & stopped at the DG store on the way home. They had some TP on the shelf but it wasn't much. Dont really need any as there's close to a years supply up in Austin so I left what they had alone. Did find a few bottles of antibacterial hand soap on the shelf too though & 1 of them came home with me. We have a Dollar Tree in town now too, not sure how their supply is. :scratch: May haveta give it a look.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My skwirrels may demand a premium price yet.  :rotflmao: 

This town best get things going in a hurry...125,000 people and no stores have TP, hand sanitizer, and my buddy hit 4 places last nite looking for Tylenol or aspirin, and had no luck. I saw that here a week ago when I was looking... fortunately found a huge bottle at a store. Last one. IMO, we were ill prepared. 'Course, losing both Shopkos, Kmart, Fareway foods, really put a dent in it all. I called ALDI, both Walmarts, Target, Cub, HY-Vees (theres 3) spent a half hour on phone this am to find out ALL of them currentley  have no paper products, and can't tell ya when they will...that's the second thing I asked. We're gonna be in dire straits here in about a week. Even Amazon is outta TP as I just found out, and Target and Walmart can't order that for you online anymore. Been doing lotsa checkin. Don't know about COSTCO, but I ran into Sams club too, and they have none either....what are people supposed to do? Especially senior citizens that don't do the internet stuff?
Corncobs may take a meteoric rise in price...
« Last Edit: March 03/13/20, 10:03:58 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It's all Trump's fault Yea know. :smoking: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man this is spreading like wildfire. recieved email info from our international, then from the boss man, no non essential travel, and NO  unneccesary visitors beyond the main door in the hall. we have our monthly meeting next week......thats still a go.......for now!!!!! :doofus: :doah:

crazy sheet............ :pouty: :shocked: :shocked:

i did however suggest to my boss that i should confine myself to a certain little cabin on a certain little lake up in itasca county. i havent heard back yet??? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/20, 10:22:18 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to ALDI a while ago for some sale items, they were wiped out yday. Place was overflowing with everything this am! TP everywhere! Fruit! Canned goods! Got another 12 pk of TP and some good sale items! Boy, they sure do restock fast!  :happy1: Not like sh**mart. Always empty.  :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from the grocery store here.  I always say hi to the meat market guys and said I need TP and laughed.  They said there is only on pkg of Scotts left.  The rest is Our Family so I bought it.  Got home with all of my stuff and realized I forgot the TP at the store.  I went back and they had saved it for me so we all got a good laugh.   Good people there and a great store for a small town. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Also, since health care in Italy is funded by the government directly they have fewer resources such as ICU beds than other European countries...Also Italy has a lot of old people.    20% of population is over 65. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :doah: :taz: :taz: :taz: now its getting REAL serious..........WWE is threating to shut down wrestlemania......whats happening to this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :angry2: :mad1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh you poor boy you!!! 

it's up to 14 in Minn. now... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to ALDI a while ago for some sale items, they were wiped out yday. Place was overflowing with everything this am! TP everywhere! Fruit! Canned goods! Got another 12 pk of TP and some good sale items! Boy, they sure do restock fast!  :happy1: Not like sh**mart. Always empty.  :thumbs:
Yeah Reb, their cashiers don't stand around waiting to check somebody out like every place else. Nobody to checkout, they've got a cart of freight nearby & they are over there putting in on the shelf. Just 1 reason why they're able to keep their prices low. :happy1: :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Reb, their cashiers don't stand around waiting to check somebody out like every place else. Nobody to checkout, they've got a cart of freight nearby & they are over there putting in on the shelf. Just 1 reason why they're able to keep their prices low. :happy1: :cool:

Exactly! They were scurrying everywhere unloading stuff. Go to Walfart and they stand around with their finger up their azz. About as much help as a blind skwirrel at a nutfest.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i've been trying for 4 years to get available dates for this defensive driving class to save money on my vehicle ins........now they cancelled that too!!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :confused: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :taz:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  Tell 'em yer a big union man and they can expect yer thugs in their office any day....and DON'T initial anything they give ya!!!   training-087
« Last Edit: March 03/13/20, 04:18:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
i've been trying for 4 years to get available dates for this defensive driving class to save money on my vehicle ins........now they cancelled that too!!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :confused: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :taz:

Where have you been for the last 10 or 20 years?  You can go to a class or you can do it online.  If it is the 8 hr course it will take 8 hours.  The 4 hr course will take 4 hours.  You cannot click fast and try to speed ahead.  I have tried.  BUT you can start the course and go get a cup of coffee and answer when you come back.  If it is for a few seconds.  You can stop and continue in an hour or tomorrow.  No stress.  AND it is a good refresher course and it feels good to brush up on your driving skills or lack of them. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I wonder how many gin and tonics that would take?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There is no limit!!!   :sleazy:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Where have you been for the last 10 or 20 years?  You can go to a class or you can do it online.  If it is the 8 hr course it will take 8 hours.  The 4 hr course will take 4 hours.  You cannot click fast and try to speed ahead.  I have tried.  BUT you can start the course and go get a cup of coffee and answer when you come back.  If it is for a few seconds.  You can stop and continue in an hour or tomorrow.  No stress.  AND it is a good refresher course and it feels good to brush up on your driving skills or lack of them.
meh...…..not interested in sitting in front of a puter……..besides there might be some hot 55 year olds!!!! I like personal, people contact.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's why Glenn bought this:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/20, 07:07:52 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

meh...…..not interested in sitting in front of a puter……..besides there might be some hot 55 year olds!!!! I like personal, people contact.

That's the nice part of it.  You can make it as hard or as easy as you want to be....   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where it's now starting to affect the NFL too, even if it's in a small way so far. The FA signing period is about to start & a lot of those require a physical exam before they can sign a deal. A lot of the facilities where most of the teams do their exams are now closed so the whole signing of FA's thing is in question now. The draft is coming up soon too & the league has stopped allowing teams to do their pre-draft interviews with the players they're interested in.:crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess that'll put the kabosh on door-to-door girl scout cookie sales.... :pouty:

https://youtu.be/IKUT1Z_q5Ao
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 08:48:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
NASCAR has postponed ALL races at Atlanta MS.... :angry2:   :banghead:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and Miami!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They even postponed The Masters. Heard Jack on Sportcenter say he believes it will be cancelled as he doesn't think they  will be able to reschedule it. Huge $'s there.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna set up this kiddie water park thingy in my driveway, and spray water with a bit of bleach thru it....Reb's Virus Buster. Just walk thru and kill that nasty Corona!
Only $5 a pop, or get 3 tickets for $10....... ;)