Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503451 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Might want some special goggles that they can rent for $1-$2 a pop to go with that. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:scratch: Might want some special goggles that they can rent for $1-$2 a pop to go with that. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Say, now there's an idea!! Side sales!  :happy1: Towels, $3, or blow-dry, (Yard blower) $2.... :rotflmao:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Clean out that sock drawer....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I hope the virus 😷 only lasts for a week, otherwise I'll have to make another beer run.  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone wanna bet that liquor store home deliveries (they do here) and pizza deliveries skyrocket? Booze sales always rise in crisis situations. I'll drink to that.  :toast:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Checked out the grocery store yesterday. TP had been hit pretty hard but there was still some of the higher end brand name stuff on the shelves. All the hamburger in the meat case was gone. Went to the meat market after that. No real sign of coronavirus panic there. 

Had to make quick trip to town this a.m. to pay a bill I forgot yesterday but needed a box of envelopes 1st. Stopped at Dollar General where some clown with a chain drive wallet was two people in front of me. He had two shopping carts overflowing with hoarded stuff and was pretty proud of himself. It took forever for the cash register to digest it all and print a receipt. I wanted to kick him square in the @$$ & tell him to get a life!  :angry: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Those effing hoarders need to have their asses kicked

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I took pics Thusday am of the north Walfarts TP aisle and paper towel aisle....good thing ALDI's here. They place limits on stuff. Idjitmart doesn't. Saw people pulling two carts full of water, paper towels, etc. Wanted to punch their effin' lights out.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 12:08:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And WHY???  Idjuts. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't believe the canned food aisle. Pretty much empty, as was the bread aisle, and the same a-holes had half-cases of veggies piled up in their carts. If I do ever see this sh** again, I am going to intervene. What happens, happens. I have a close friend who's family has little money and 2 kids, and they were unable to find their basic items (including food) because of this crap, so the entire family suffers. This town has a hell of a lot to learn. I'll take small town ethics anyday over all this bullsh**.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 12:17:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We ran into town and went to Target this morning. I saw 2 guys buying diapers, they had 2 packs apiece, checking out when we walked in. As we were walking around, I saw them again with 2 packages apiece again....then we finally got to that end of the store (cause my wife likes to look at everything) those same 2 dudes were asking the clerk when they were going to get more....  :bonk:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow...just got this in an E-mail from my attorney.....read thru some of the workplace stuff.....! :shocked:

Dunlap & Seeger <dunlapseeger@dunlaplaw.com>
12:10 PM (37 minutes ago)
to me

As a follow up to our email yesterday and responsive to the continued questions from our business clients we have compiled two pieces you may find helpful:

·         Coronavirus Business Disruption Checklist

·         Workplace Considerations & Policies under Threat of a COVID-19 Outbreak

Dunlap & Seeger, P.A., 30 3rd Street SE, Suite 400, Rochester, MN  55904

https://www.dunlaplaw.com/Articles/Coronavirus-Business-Disruption-Checklist.shtml

https://www.dunlaplaw.com/Articles/Workplace-Considerations-Policies-Under-Threat-Of-A-Covid-19-Outbreak.shtml

« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 12:51:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't believe the canned food aisle. Pretty much empty, as was the bread aisle, and the same a-holes had half-cases of veggies piled up in their carts. If I do ever see this sh** again, I am going to intervene. What happens, happens. I have a close friend who's family has little money and 2 kids, and they were unable to find their basic items (including food) because of this crap, so the entire family suffers. This town has a hell of a lot to learn. I'll take small town ethics anyday over all this bullsh**.

What concerns me Reb is the people from the urban areas are figuring out we still have some essential stuff out here in places like Bugtussle. They'll try to swoop in & buy it up. I suspect that's what I saw out at Dollar General earlier today. They usually have part of a whole wall stacked with TP. None to be found there today. I stopped in the grocery store this a.m. afterwards and all the TP was gone. Limits will need to be put in place thanks to these hoarder jerks.  :rolleyes: I did pick up a case of water & a bag of potatoes, both items I'd forgotten yesterday because I was in a hurry to get home to do chores. (& watch Gunsmoke afterwards... :rotflmao:)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You can be sure the scum will hit the small town places. I saw this coming the last 2-3 weeks, and just bought more than normal last couple weeks when I got groceries....but no mass quantities. I always keep the cupboards and freezer as well stocked as I can anyway. Only thing I did grab two of was the TP. The 8 packs. (no 24 roll cases) Already had one 8 pk. I figger if 24 ain't enough, I'll  just have you send me some corncobs. Or wool.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 01:13:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wow...just got this in an E-mail from my attorney.....read thru some of the workplace stuff.....! :shocked:

Dunlap & Seeger <dunlapseeger@dunlaplaw.com>
12:10 PM (37 minutes ago)
to me

As a follow up to our email yesterday and responsive to the continued questions from our business clients we have compiled two pieces you may find helpful:

·         Coronavirus Business Disruption Checklist

·         Workplace Considerations & Policies under Threat of a COVID-19 Outbreak

Dunlap & Seeger, P.A., 30 3rd Street SE, Suite 400, Rochester, MN  55904

https://www.dunlaplaw.com/Articles/Coronavirus-Business-Disruption-Checklist.shtml

https://www.dunlaplaw.com/Articles/Workplace-Considerations-Policies-Under-Threat-Of-A-Covid-19-Outbreak.shtml
we got all kinds of this stuff yesterday at the hall...….I heard on KQ that they closed the radio station down to visitors also.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You can be sure the scum will hit the small town places. I saw this coming the last 2-3 weeks, and just bought more than normal last couple weeks when I got groceries....but no mass quantities. I always keep the cupboards and freezer as well stocked as I can anyway. Only thing I did grab two of was the TP. The 8 packs. (no 24 roll cases) Already had one 8 pk. I figger if 24 ain't enough, I'll  just have you send me some corncobs. Or wool.

I do the vast majority of the grocery shopping in our household. I'm a sale shopper so I try to do the same. A little lower than I'd like to be on frozen veggies right now but nothing's been on sale locally for a while.

I got lotsa bags of wool, especially the dark colored stuff.  :happy1: I just hope people don't get totally stupid and start stealing livestock. It could turn into the Wild West in a hurry if that happens.  :angry: 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that wool a bit scratchy when used as tp?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And how would you know that?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 02:04:25 PM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I do the vast majority of the grocery shopping in our household. I'm a sale shopper so I try to do the same. A little lower than I'd like to be on frozen veggies right now but nothing's been on sale locally for a while.

I got lotsa bags of wool, especially the dark colored stuff.  :happy1: I just hope people don't get totally stupid and start stealing livestock. It could turn into the Wild West in a hurry if that happens.  :angry:

Already had a grocery store broken into overnite here. Musta been lookin' for TP. Yer gonna see an UPTICK in crime, believe me. They come sneakin' around my house, they're GONNA need TP when they meet my ol'  buddy nose-to-barrel. Already happened once here a few years back. Never knew someone could run like that with their feet not touching the ground.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 02:10:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The latest Corona rules:

Do the five:

1 HANDS Wash them often
2 ELBOW Cough into it
3 FACE Don't touch it
4 FEET Stay more than 3ft apart
5 FEEL sick? Stay home

Ok, but #4......I can't get my feet 3' apart........I drop my cane... :rotflmao: :bonk:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 02:21:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that wool a bit scratchy when used as tp?

Could be but it's a lot cheaper than TP right now. Dark wool is worth a nickel per lb.  :bonk:

Not sure how safe it'd be in septic and sewer systems. Wool is pretty slow to break down and doesn't burn very well. Hey, I know, if del's still out at the Hotel California we could drop by his place and flush a few bags worth down the toidy just to see what happens!  :whistling:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 03:46:36 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does he have one of those that eats bags of golf balls?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My fishing buddy just e-mailed me he's just stepping on the plane for his trip to Cancun....said it sure is empty!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 03:04:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, the oldest just booked the same flight momma took a few weeks back to Arizona,  but for a mere 200 $ less.. let's just hope they are still up n running in a few weeks.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I say we all get drunker'n Cooter Brown, (like Sissy said)  throw on some Lynyrd Skynyrd, and bof the nearest hot-looking babe!
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 07:06:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
And use the pooper scooper