Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503453 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep I just came in, in the sun it isn't bad. Word had it on friday Costco was getting some TP in but the coppers were gonna be on hand. Maybe I mentioned it before but my folks got back from their wintering hole the other day and had a heck of time shopping,  not much of a panic down along the gulf coast they said.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Sooner or later some folks are going to run out of money or out of room.  I shop every day.  I noticed one thing that's not running out.  Pototoes, fruits, onions and more in produce.  Mashed potatoes sound good and I can eat them on a regular basis.  The past few days folks have not touched the breads much.  Today it was all gone.  Lot's of candy, pop, and sport drinks.  I have a lot of meat saved up.  Hey, Cubs have bonless pork loins for 1.49 lb.  Got a couple today.  Looks like they won't get much or any of chicken or ground beef delivered tonight.  Canned and boxed goods are slim to none.  Rice has been out for two days.  And so it goes.  good luck.

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was just a cub to grab a few things and I was shocked.
There was a lady going batcrap crazy because they were out of chicken! The employee nicely told her they had frozen chicken breasts and she wanted nothing to do with that and then said she was gonna go somewhere else. I looked at him and said good luck!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It's gonna start gettin' ugly real soon if they don't start puttin' limits on sh**!

https://www.kaaltv.com/health/wal-mart-cutting-store-hours-nationwide/5674508/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 04:40:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
It's the people who are creating this shortage.  The suppliers have the products but people are buying more than they need.  Another reason is there are not enough truck drivers.  Prior to this virus thing the drivers they had was good enough.  Nobody knew this thing was coming.  So now you have to hire more drivers.  If you had a buisness you would know how many folks you need to carry out the work needed to get done.  When something like this happens and you are in the food buisness all of the sudden you are looking for more help and this is what is happening now.  Hording is selfish and not needed.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly. You can't eat 20 cases of TP. Buy what yer family should need, not a ton extra to "be prepared". That's wherein the shortages lie. Blizzard/panic shopping. Also, the grocery stores I've seen just do not have the help right now to stock the shelves, becuz very few want an entry-level job like was the norm for you and I. Everyone needs at least $20 per hr job to buy their iPhones and $200 month plans so they can chitty-chat on their social website and post glorious selfies. Very few plan ahead anymore, it's the me-me instant gratification order a "meal-kit" off Amazon for tomorrows dinner. Instant gratification = instant $$$. They're gonna wake up in a real hurry, I'll tell ya.
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 05:21:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I work as a maintenance tech at a grocery distribution center. I called there to see how things are going. I guess it is just nuts. Unprecedented volume, they can't keep up. Guess I picked the right weekend to be a caregiver.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will you have a trunkfull of TP when ya come down here?  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I went down to the local grocery store to pick up milk and cheese for da fajita's. of course I needed to check out the stores. all sanitary wipes gone, anything with bleach was limit 2. bread was pretty wiped out and most brand name TP  was to.

teals here in town had a limit 2 on a lot of the hoarded items!!!!!! but store was pretty picked over. more then normal for a late sunday afternoon. but I didn't think it was to bad. no idjiots in there when I was.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
There was at least one

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I didn't want ya to feel left out. I put up a sign  and arrow: Plenty of 1/2 price TP available in Cold Springs".  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No, I wouldn't do that. But......might wanna watch yer mail.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 06:44:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I didn't want ya to feel left out. I put up a sign  and arrow: Plenty of 1/2 price TP available in Cold Springs".  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No, I wouldn't do that. But......might wanna watch yer mail.  ;)
hey I thought you were taking a road trip!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah: we could use the peace and quiet here!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy: :kiss: :kiss: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know.

After seeing Mom, fighting idiots while trying to get my diabetic meds at Walmart, I didn't feel like anything except maybe getting drunk and kicking the sh** outta someone. Or maybe a full choke hold.
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 07:07:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the warning.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The better people are about isolating themselves and only going out when they have to the sooner this will be over.  Hopefully this makes a quick recovery. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a--hole.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Legal or not he is still a scumbag. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like somebody caught the bug in Waseca. Don't think it's roony cuz it was someone 40-something years old. Art is an old fart like me!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 10:54:49 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
                                           :police:

https://kttc.com/2020/03/16/minnesota-public-defender-wants-jail-inmates-released-due-to-covid-19/

Ijut...  jail inmates are probably safer from the virus than the rest of us.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
                                             :queen:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/despite-coronavirus-fears-it-s-business-usual-gay-cruise-n1157896

I clicked on the link and there is a note posted at the top that the cruise has been conceded since the article was first posted.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
                                             :queen:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/despite-coronavirus-fears-it-s-business-usual-gay-cruise-n1157896

I clicked on the link and there is a note posted at the top that the cruise has been conceded since the article was first posted.
Ahh darn it, that onboard dance party sounded like fun!