Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503434 times)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
We have three here that Mayo says are "recovering well at home". Not youngsters, either. And no one that has it here is critical. That from Mayo. Just a tidbit...

Reb.  Do you have a link or something to that report.  I would like to send some good news to a few people who are ready to jump off the clif.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see now the feds have opened all national parks for free...  interesting..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i have started to think about taking this crap a bit more serious..........not that i was out trying to get exposed, but when i had my physical tusday and they mentioned that i could be a somewhat "at risk" person. :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The shopping panic is alive & well in Austin too . :crazy: :doofus: We made a quick run out to Hy-Vee to talk to Sis as she was about to get off work for the day & the # of shoppers at 2:30 yday was surprising. Needed a couple things from across the street, Walmart, so we stopped there as well. Quite a few bare shelves there, both in the grocery & pharmacy departments.  :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is interesting to see what is gone from shelves.  No flour to be had for example.  You'd think folks were going to start baking their own bread.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The shopping panic is alive & well in Austin too . :crazy: :doofus: We made a quick run out to Hy-Vee to talk to Sis as she was about to get off work for the day & the # of shoppers at 2:30 yday was surprising. Needed a couple things from across the street, Walmart, so we stopped there as well. Quite a few bare shelves there, both in the grocery & pharmacy departments.  :pouty:
so you dont even shop and support the place of your sisters employment!!!!!!! :confused: :mad1: :shocked: :doofus: :doofus: :tut: :tut: :tut: :banghead: :banghead: training-087

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning:   I didn't say what we bought at Walmart. Besides they're not union, what do you care? :doofus: :pouty: :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning:   I didn't say what we bought at Walmart. Besides they're not union, what do you care? :doofus: :pouty: :doah:
Cause!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: i friggin HATE WALLYWORLD!!!!!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even here in Baudette the flour was gone.  The shelves are always full of flour.  People must be making bread so they don't have to go to the store as much. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
She's got 40+ years in there & let me tell you Hy-Vee don't treat their workers much better.  :tut: She never has a weekend off as she works Saturday or Sunday every week. She usually has to take vacation to get a holiday off too. :crazy: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
She's got 40+ years in there & let me tell you Hy-Vee don't treat their workers much better.  :tut: She never has a weekend off as she works Saturday or Sunday every week. She usually has to take vacation to get a holiday off too. :crazy: :pouty:
wow.......

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
We have three here that Mayo says are "recovering well at home". Not youngsters, either. And no one that has it here is critical. That from Mayo. Just a tidbit...

Reb.  Do you have a link or something to that report.  I would like to send some good news to a few people who are ready to jump off the clif.

Sure Leech. Let me dig around, I'll find it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here they are, Leech. Hope this helps them!  :smiley:

First one:

News • 2020
Public Health officials announced Wednesday the first presumptive case of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in an Olmsted County resident.

This marks Minnesota’s fifth confirmed case of what the World Health Organization is now officially calling a pandemic.

HERE ARE SOME KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM WEDNESDAY’S NEWS CONFERENCE:
➡ Test results came back positive last night through the state public health laboratory. It is the first case of the coronavirus to be reported in southeast Minnesota.

➡ The person is in their 50s with known travel to an area outside of the U.S. with known activity. (Additional details about the individual are not being released to protect the patient's privacy.)

➡ They were seen at Mayo Clinic in Rochester before being discharged. Mayo spokesperson Bob Nellis said all proper precautions were taken ahead of the patient's visit. “We are following all precautions,” said Nellis. “There should be no doubt about that. Our staff is safe, and they have been.”

➡ Like 80 percent of those who contract the virus, the patient has only mild symptoms, similar to the cold or flu. They are now home recovering, and it appears "they are going to be fine," said Olmsted County Public Health Director Graham Briggs.

Number two:

Health officials are reporting that there are two cases of COVID-19 in Olmsted County, and 35 in the state.

The first case in Olmsted County was reported on Wednesday. The individual is in their 50s and is expected to recover. The second individual is also recovering at home. Both are expected to be fine. Health officials said both individuals had traveled to areas with known outbreaks.

Olmsted County Public Health Director Graham Briggs said it is likely there will be community spread. At a news conference on Wednesday, he said he would like to remind residents that 80 percent of cases do not require hospitalization.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/20, 09:53:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I've worked for walmart on the supply chain for about 4 years. I had, still have, my own woodworking business for close to forty years. It just got so I couldn't afford health insurance any more so I started looking for work. The DC in Mankato hired me while others did not. I think because of my age.
After working for myself for so long it was quite an adjustment working for a huge corporation. I started on production and moved to maintenance which was a great advancement. With some exceptions they have treated me great. I have great managers and a great crew to work with.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of my car buddies works at Walfart on the overnite crews....after he retired from Mayo. He said he likes it there and has no complaints, and this guy won't take any crap from anyone. Can't be too bad if he likes it. My lifelong friend and fellow shift officer's wife also works at SlyVee, and she said they're bastids to work for. Continually flipping her hours and days around. But they need the income. Mayo hosed him over big-time on his retirement, (Partly his fault) as they did a lot of guys. I squeeked out just barely in the nick of time with all bennies and coverage.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/20, 10:14:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saying they aren't quite the evil empire some of you think the are. And no Union dues either.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard that that about Slyvee 20 plus years ago too,,  employee owned too??  what ever.........

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, when I stopped there on my 3 mile grocery run the other day, just to see if they had dish soap and paper towels, (They didn't) I clearly saw they were taking advantage of folks. I watch the ads really close, and know what stuff costs. Folgers 3 lb tubs of coffee are $7.49 to 7.99 every day everyhwhere. (Did actually get 2 at Walmart later that day for that price) They had a big display out front of it...for $9.29 Tell me they aren't hosing ya on that. I noticed some other prices were insane, too. They've always been like that. Do the loss-leader thing  to drag ya in, then wham ya. People just don't see that, especially now. And that's why they do it.
Had sign for burger in a tube, 80/20....$4 a tube. They had none.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/20, 10:22:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this is getting crazy. just got off the phone with the plant manager up in st cloud. they recieved a letter from Anderson trucking pleading with them to at least let the drivers use the bathrooms. alot of the truck stops are closed, wayside rests so.......he even said some places wont even let them in the gate..unload at the gate and go away!!!!!

i so cant wait till tomorrow to get away. now some employers are pushing the button on asking illegal health questions, forcing people/workers into potential corona areas where its been detected.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/20, 10:46:33 AM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
this is getting crazy. just got off the phone with the plant manager up in st cloud. they recieved a letter from Anderson trucking pleading with them to at least let the drivers use the bathrooms. alot of the truck stops are closed, wayside rests so.......he even said some places wont even let them in the gate..unload at the gate and go away!!!!!

and it keeps getting worse.................   no common sense to the rescue.... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm staying home, leaving the news off (don't watch it anyway) and catching up on re-reading some of my favorite classics. Puttering around the rec room and garage. You can all yell at me too, becuz I PUT THE SNOWBLOWERS AWAY for the year the other day! Changed oil and plugs, lubed and sprayed. I hadda do something!  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/19/20, 10:53:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agreed. It's gone overboard in some cases. Listening to the monotonous drone of the nattering nabobs of negatvism on TV doesn't cut it. And a guy's gotta do something. Can't go anywhere to eat so I gotta get the wife something for her birthday today. Got some Cabelas points so perhaps a new fishing rod or if I wanna go all out, maybe a .243!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a thing on two of our news stations concerning the restaurant closings in town. City and the PD and sheriffs dept said they will order all meals in from a different restaurant daily to support them.Wonder who's paying for that? Also, they urged all CAWchester residents to do the same as much as they can, order meals from all the restaurants that are doing take out, a different one every day, to support them. Great idea, but what about the retired, low-income, and folks on disability that can't even get enough food because of the shortages and lack of money right now? They're supposed to sit back and eat peanut butter and soup, if they have it? I fired off a letter to the stations, let's see if I even get a reply. This town just doesn't give a damn unless you've got $$$ in yer pockets.
No two ways about it. Let's do something for the folks that can't do it.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/20, 12:40:49 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed. It's gone overboard in some cases. Listening to the monotonous drone of the nattering nabobs of negatvism on TV doesn't cut it. And a guy's gotta do something. Can't go anywhere to eat so I gotta get the wife something for her birthday today. Got some Cabelas points so perhaps a new fishing rod or if I wanna go all out, maybe a .243!  :happy1:

I think they closed Cabala's down?     :pouty:  It's Bass Pro Shop now!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got done reading the local paper.  The County Commissioners had an emergency meeting to deal with the issues now at hand.  One comment they made was that they wish the State would close the walleye season to end all of these people from all over coming up here and spreading the virus.  As a remote community if it got a stronghold here we would be in deep trouble.  I also wish they would keep it closed to prevent the overthrow of the area by fisher people here at ice out on the river. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
With a limited number of test available, how is it that the pro athletes can get tested before others?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you still see alot of them coming up Barry. I heard they have really slowed down. Rocky is shutting down after Sunday because of how much it has slowed down. And I hope they don't close it early, this is my favorite time of the year to ice fish. I do wish they would close down the river though like you said.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seriously...how would they close down the river?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I think they closed Cabala's down?     :pouty:  It's Bass Pro Shop now!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Think we're good. If they did it was very recent as the bill I got the other day still says Cabela's on it. And the points are still there.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Seriously...how would they close down the river?
Close it down to Walleye fishing the open water when they are spawning. Lots of big girls caught and miss handled.
Hey look your bobber is up!