Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503417 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:doah:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166

Hmmm...the sulfonylurea family of chemistry contains compounds some of which are used for diabetes and some that are used as herbicides. If I was diabetic, don't think I'd swallow any Harmony or Accent Q in an attempt to control diabetes. As one of the guys in the office is fond of saying, the good Lord's way of weeding out the dumb ones.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Went to ALDI this am for some more fake eggs (egg substitute) None. Same at two other places, Guess that's another hot commodity. However, place was overflowing with choice meats...pig chops, pig roasts, pig steaks, stew meat, beef roast, (chuck, round, and tip) steaks, hamburger, chicky thighs, legs, drumsticks, whole chicky's....came home with a couple pigger roasts and some pks of good ol' bone in chops. Tons of bread, rolls, etc. Got a pkg of brioche rolls. Deli was packed...got some cranberry -almond chicky salad for sandwiches, a bag of apple, 'nanners, lettuce., clamshell of cherry 'maters.....only thing they were out of is TP, for the first time. But they have limits of 1 per person.   Shelves full of canned veggies.  Got some canned corn which everyone has been out of, and a couple cans of tuna. Did have lots of paper towels, though. I sure like that store.  :smiley:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother was at an Aldi's in either Fergus or DL last week and liked it a lot.  I have yet to go to one. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, all that food cost me only $43. Meat is not spendy there like Sly-Vee and other places. Family pk of BIG chicky thighs (12 of 'em) $5.45, Family pk (6) of big pig chops was $5.69; got two. Two bacon-wrapped beef tenderloins, $4.69 Pork shoulder roast,$4.69...........Noticed they all come from a midwest source/processor, and it's GOOD meat!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Never been to an Aldi either. Egg prices doubled here in town and in Barry's town too.  :angry2: 18ct $6.27 now.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it is interesting to see what is gone from grocery store shelves.  However, the stores are generally doing a good job of getting stuff restocked as soon as possible.

A few days ago there wasn't a stick of dried pasta on the shelves.  Yesterday there were a few cases of Creamettes stocked.  Eggs are miss and hit.  No skim milk.  Some folks are going to have a lot of Campbells soup to eat when this is all over.  Perhaps the silver lining is most of everyone's overstock will eventually to go the food banks.

Also, the shelves were completely wiped out of toilet bowl cleaner.  Go figure.  Who'd a thunk?  This is a respiratory virus, not gastrointestinal.  Suddenly now everyone is worried about how they are going to clean their toilets 4 weeks from now?   :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So here is a bit of fun Covid news.  I just read that people are having Happy Hour chats on line with friends using Skype or something like that.  They are having Quarantini's as they chat.  SO there ya go! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it is interesting to see what is gone from grocery store shelves.  However, the stores are generally doing a good job of getting stuff restocked as soon as possible.

A few days ago there wasn't a stick of dried pasta on the shelves.  Yesterday there were a few cases of Creamettes stocked.  Eggs are miss and hit.  No skim milk.  Some folks are going to have a lot of Campbells soup to eat when this is all over.  Perhaps the silver lining is most of everyone's overstock will eventually to go the food banks.

Also, the shelves were completely wiped out of toilet bowl cleaner.  Go figure.  Who'd a thunk?  This is a respiratory virus, not gastrointestinal.  Suddenly now everyone is worried about how they are going to clean their toilets 4 weeks from now?   :confused:

Hardly any soups here...those shelves have been bare for weeks here. I don't eat canned soop, anyway, except once in a GREAT while a can of tomato with toasted cheese. That is nowhere to be found.
Eggs and milk are always at Kwik-Trip.....have been here anyway. I even got an E-mail from them since I have a rewards card that they WILL have fresh supplies of milk and eggs daily. Any type of disinfecting sprays, wipes, bowl cleaners are gone. I tried to buy dish washing soap last week,  NOT. Only place that had any was Menards. Not sure what the deal is with bathroom cleaning.....maybe they just don't get it. Even bleach is gone. :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, all that food cost me only $43. Meat is not spendy there like Sly-Vee and other places. Family pk of BIG chicky thighs (12 of 'em) $5.45, Family pk (6) of big pig chops was $5.69; got two. Two bacon-wrapped beef tenderloins, $4.69 Pork shoulder roast,$4.69...........Noticed they all come from a midwest source/processor, and it's GOOD meat!

Question for you Reb: Has Aldi's switched away from you bringing your own bags with the coronavirus situation and do they have disposable bags to use? Just curious.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Haveta bring yer own bag/box/coaster wagon.  Forgot? Paper bags 7 cents. :smiley:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Never been to an Aldi either. Egg prices doubled here in town and in Barry's town too.  :angry2: 18ct $6.27 now.
$1.50/doz for jumbo's here @ Fareway. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
.99 at Kwik-Trip................

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Talk about Big Brother...

For Moscow's quarantined, 100,000 cameras are watching

A vast and contentious network of facial recognition cameras keeping watch over Moscow is now playing a key role in the battle against the spread of the coronavirus in Russia.

The city rolled out the technology just before the epidemic reached Russia, ignoring protests and legal complaints over sophisticated state surveillance.

Since last month, thousands of Muscovites have been confined to their homes for 14 days of compulsory quarantine after returning from virus-hit countries, being in contact with those infected or diagnosed with mild symptoms.

Police have logged their details and warned them that sneaking out into the city of 16 million residents and daily visitors could lead to a five-year jail term or deportation for foreigners.

"We are constantly checking that this regulation is being observed, including through the use of automated facial recognition systems," Mayor Sergei Sobyanin wrote in his blog in February.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                 Got an e-mail dis mornin from a friend dat works at Motorola.

Hi All,

We are doing well here. Lots of changes taking our temperature everyday when we come in. Sanitizing 2 times a day. I'm glad they are doing the best they can. Hopefully you can stay away from hospitals and Dr offices while this is going on. I pray it's not long term. Take care Love you.

Karen
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Haveta bring yer own bag/box/coaster wagon.  Forgot? Paper bags 7 cents. :smiley:
Most have a small assortment of other paper, cloth, & even some have thermal plastic reusable shopping bags for sale cheap at the checkouts too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

A little surpised by that as some places are not allowing people to bring their own bags or containers into the store as a precautionary measure. You can do whatever you like once outside however. Not that I think it makes any difference but that's what's happening in places across the country.
« Last Edit: March 03/24/20, 11:44:01 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be like saying you can't wear those clothes in here.....O wait, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that to you..... :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking I should be fishing... :rotflmao:

It is kinda funny tho. I've seen some of the greenie types at the local grocery store using their own cloth bags. Quite honestly I have have feed sacks down in the barn that are cleaner than theirs!  :huh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a green cloth bag I use from Fresh Thyme. There's one place I  DID like, until I bought their meats. Most "pre-frozen"....and the friggin' chicky was CHEWY!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
SAY WHAT?!?!   Now CAWchester wants to run the state!!! you guys gotta stay in now!

:crazy:

Rochester City Council requests shelter-in-place from Walz, temporarily prohibits parking meter enforcement

March 24, 2020
12:12 pm
KTTC Staff
CORONAVIRUS
MINNESOTA NEWS
TOP STORIES
ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- The Rochester City Council has announced new measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to a news release from the City of Rochester, the City Council is requesting Gov. Tim Walz issue an executive order for further restrictions, including:

All persons living in Minnesota stay in their place of residence subject to exceptions.

Prohibit all public and private gatherings outside of a household or living unit.
Closing all non‐essential businesses.

The release said the city administration has also issued a 30-day prohibition of parking meter enforcement effective immediately. The City Council said this is subject to change as necessary "to meet the needs of the community," and that businesses that require parking for take-out services can get a permit from the Public Works Department.

The news release said drivers are asked to only park in metered spaces for short term use. Additionally, last week the City announced an end to season parking requirements. The City also suspended enforcement of residential parking permit zones until the end of the month.

"All other parking ordinances remain in effect including no parking zones (including driveways, fire hydrants, and mailboxes), and overnight parking restrictions. Please observe all posted signs  in the downtown area," the City of Rochester said in the news release.

More information can be found on the City's website.
« Last Edit: March 03/24/20, 01:20:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i just quickly went through and read the 16 page SAFER AT HOME ORDER from wisconsin. IF minnesota goes to something similiar its not like your locked up in our house for the duration.

as i read it, places like fleet farm will still be open because it sells animal feed and food, actually any hardware store would remain open as long as they sell plumbing, heating, electrical and construction materials. also allowed to keep going are CRITICAL trades.......think most unions..........that ar neccesary to maintaining saftey, sanitation, and essentisal operations of residences, essential activities, essential govenmental functions and essential businesses and operations!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
AND i only need 3 more of these possibly to read through  :pouty: :pouty: since our jurisdicational area also  covers minnsota and both the dakota's!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be like saying you can't wear those clothes in here.....O wait, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that to you..... :doah:
:sleazy: :sleazy: i'd do the corona with her!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :smoking:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
i just quickly went through and read the 16 page SAFER AT HOME ORDER from wisconsin. IF minnesota goes to something similiar its not like your locked up in our house for the duration.

as i read it, places like fleet farm will still be open because it sells animal feed and food, actually any hardware store would remain open as long as they sell plumbing, heating, electrical and construction materials. also allowed to keep going are CRITICAL trades.......think most unions..........that ar neccesary to maintaining saftey, sanitation, and essentisal operations of residences, essential activities, essential govenmental functions and essential businesses and operations!!!!!

I understand that. But this is CAWchester, dear. They think they run the country. Therein lies the prob.....demanding Walz issue the order. They know something they're NOT telling us?  :scratch:

From Rochester's post:

Prohibit all public and private gatherings outside of a household or living unit.
Closing all non‐essential businesses.

Pretty much a basic SIP order...it's just the demands this town makes that fry's my azz. Not to mention my taxes just went up to $2,300 from the $2,000 that was a 31.4 % increase...plus DOUBLING their salaries!  Bunch of damned psychos!
« Last Edit: March 03/24/20, 02:15:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb, i wasnt posting that to counterdict what you posted at all. just so happened i posted right after yours........no intentional harm meant.

looks like someone needs to put those smucks in there place!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, I didn't take it that way, Glenn! It's just where does it end with this town?! my taxes have me all riled up....cuz I can't pay that!!!!!   :banghead:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I need some union thugs...... training-087
« Last Edit: March 03/24/20, 02:36:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Delmar, find a me some fake eggs somewhere! I'm tired of looking! I gotta make omelets!

PS......eggs prices are going *BOING* way up......

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I need some union thugs...... training-087
call the Teamsters.........we are a non-violent group.

oh yea i just told i will be working from home tomorrow...........but i'm begging for an extra day or 2 here at the office to finish the 13 things i got started!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/24/20, 03:03:20 PM by glenn57 »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Delmar, find a me some fake eggs somewhere! I'm tired of looking! I gotta make omelets!

PS......eggs prices are going *BOING* way up......

You want the ones that are egg whites, only doctored up right?   Planning on getting some drugs at costco tomorrow after donating blood.  I can check.