Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503455 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I boiled mine. Think I'm safe... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what about ding bats!!!!!?????????????   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
And over 85% who get it will have cold/flu like symptoms. Many have already had it and don't even know it......! There is hope. Could be worse....look at Italy and China.
Don't need to go that far, Reb. Just look at NYC it's so bad there people have been leaving & more than likely contributing to the spreading of it. :crazy: Hence why Fla has enacted a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone comin down there from NY. Not only NY either Cal & Washington State are almost as bad. :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-coronavirus-cases-surge-spring-breakers-express-regret-n1168686

Oh the stories they will have to tell their kids.  Yep, Spring Break 2020 what a time. I got Herpes, syphilis and gonorrhea!

But, I didn't die of Corona-19 woooohoo!  :rocker; :drinking: :party3:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I was wondering about the fishing thing too.

God bless you folks who live on the lake and can just go anytime you like.

I'm not sure if "Its OK to walk your dog, go for a bike ride..." will translate into drive 90 minutes to your favorite fishing hole even if you maintain your social distance.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got an email stating that we are deemed critical.....crap.....

I wanted to shelter in place!  :banghead:

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I was wondering about the fishing thing too.

God bless you folks who live on the lake and can just go anytime you like.

I'm not sure if "Its OK to walk your dog, go for a bike ride..." will translate into drive 90 minutes to your favorite fishing hole even if you maintain your social distance.

Of course. It's exercise and getting outside.  :rolleyes:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Fishing is getting outside. And outside activities are essentail. Saturday we are going to head across the lake to NW angle to go fishing. Ah the fresh air we will get.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I may get out and take a trip to Dotch's. I wanna borrow his chit spreader, so I can give the Shi**y Council peckerwoods a nice coating for Spring. At least a couple passes.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some of the worst of it now is down around New Orleans, more cases per capita than NYC even! :crazy: Most likely because of Mardi Gras. :tut:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some of the worst of it now is down around New Orleans, more cases per capita than NYC even! :crazy: Most likely because of Mardi Gras. :tut:

Ya, all those floppin' bare boobies spread germs everywhere!  :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

oh really???  where's the pic's????? 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I gotta say...  I think Walz has been doing a very good job.

He is a very effective communicator in his press conferences -

especially when compared to certain federal officials.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

oh really???  where's the pic's????? 

It's time YOU start postin', Mr. "I can't do it!"   :bonk:

You like bunnies?   ;)  Mike started this.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 11:20:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another COVID hot commodity: Isopropyl alcohol and alcohol wipes. (For injection)
Picked up my 'scrip at Walfart (Only reason I still go there) and went to grab a box of the alcohol little wipes ya use before injections. None. Figgered I'll just grab a bottle of alcohol and use cotton balls. NOT. Both those all gone. Girl said they just sat a case out 2 hours ago, and it goes *POOF* Another example of PUT LIMITS ON THINGs!!!!  :angry: So, SlyVee is right on the way, ran into their Pharm, same thing. All three gone. But, got to see an older lady just RIPPIN' the SlyVee store manager, and she was DEFCON 1! Hollering at him about why is everything not stocked that's in their ad from yday, if it isn't here, don't advertise it".... He replied that "We can't tell people how much they can buy..." Lady just hollered back in his face "YOU EVER HEARD OF LIMITS?!"  :happy1: Boy, she had him nailed! Best show I've seen!
Ran across street to Walgreen's, same thing. NADA. Asked pharmacy dude if they had ANY alcohol wipes....he said ya, I've got one box left back here you can have"....lucky me. He also said he was keeping bottles of alcohol back there for folks that needed it for injections and such...smart move. At least there's SOME people with common sense left.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 11:21:35 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I gotta say...  I think Walz has been doing a very good job.

He is a very effective communicator in his press conferences -

especially when compared to certain federal officials.
yea his background as a teacher really showed at his ability to speak to things!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like Minn is up to 346 with a 2nd death in Ramsey county.. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
For those not wanting to.............. :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I'm set! Got needed meds, more of my favorite tea, AND 2 qts of egg beaters!  :shocked: Found a small supply! Boy, I'm gettin' even better at scrounging! Omelettes galore!  :tongue:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I may get out and take a trip to Dotch's. I wanna borrow his chit spreader, so I can give the Shi**y Council peckerwoods a nice coating for Spring. At least a couple passes.

I'll take the chains off the tractor, grease the spreader, hook 'er up and bring ya load! Be there a little after 4 once I get 'er loaded. There then! On my way!  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: No gin, but you can have a snort of that iced tea you know I always have!

PS....make sure it's nice and sloppy so it sticks to 'em REAL good. Might as well hit the mayor too, while I'm at it. She's shapin' up to be a real turd.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 11:56:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, so I worked Sunday through yesterday.  Here is what I have seen in just one Cub store as of yesterday.  The last two weeks has been hell in the grocery buisness.  What they have goes out and it was gone.  As far as meat the last two weeks was the meatcutters were cutting like crazy.  We got the meat in and processed it and the next day we come to a empty counter.  I mean empty.  Hard to get was ground beef and chicken, the top two. 

Now as of Sunday things slowed down.  Chicken was easy to get.  The meat counters began to look normal again.  Still some shortages on frozen items like Jimmy Dean sauasage and other product like that with different brands.  Some lunch meat items are still hard to get and rope sausage items like kielbasa or ring bologna for example.  We have been filling the counter with store trim ground beef.  I ground 400 pounds of ground beef Monday am and it was gone by noon.  We had a limit of 3 packs per person.  This was from the trim of the various cuts plus we threw in cut up sirloin tips and bottom rounds and whole pieces of arm roasts.  So chicken, beef cuts, and pork cuts are now in stock except chucks.  Ads are run in advance but I think they should stop running ads for awhile. 

Now for those that are upset at empty grocery shelves,  many customers are at fault, not the stores.  Inventory cost money.  So most suppliers keep maybe 3 months of inventory on products.  Well that 3 months of inventory was gone in 10 days because of the horders.  The media driven panic worked.  They had the items and it would have been on the shelves had people just bought what they needed when they went shopping.  Some stores were at fault also by putting limits on items too late in the game.  Our store did 4 time the buisness in two weeks.  Meat department was up 225% from the same time period from last year.  Also at this time stores are limited to ordering [as far as grocery and dairy] to so many pieces per delivery so all stores can get some stuff.  Some people can't understand that the stores do NOT like empty shelves.  Thats a revenue loss for them. 

I had a "Lady" come up to me and yell at me "why are you hiding the ground beef in the back room from customers".   I'm pretty calm most of the time.  I asked her why we would do that and loose sales.  She didn't care.  I told her that the shop trim today is the same percentage of lean to fat ratio and very fresh daily and at the same price.  Nope,  she wanted that 3 pound tube that's shipped in.  Another woman complained about the empty grocery shelves on some items.  I explained to her what I described above.  I also told her that she will see this in all stores.  Milk has been shorted and eggs are really hard to get.  get in about 1/4 of those items that we normally get.  I think if you go to a Kwik Trip type gas station you would have better luck.  I see milk and eggs there.  Anyway things are  slowing down and more products should be showing up in the stores [except toilet paper still].  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great post, RH. I agree with ya all the way. Too many buddies in that biz, I know what yer sayin', and I been saying it since day one....that there'd be stuff on the shelves if the hoggers quit  all THE DAMNED HOARDING!!!!!!!! :angry:
Ya, I've said a few things to 'em too......at this point in my life, I could care less.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 12:18:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll take the chains off the tractor, grease the spreader, hook 'er up and bring ya load! Be there a little after 4 once I get 'er loaded. There then! On my way!  :happy1:
If you have any left over I heard dellwood beamer needs his lawn fertilized.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Say, good idea!  :happy1:  Hit two needed spots at the same time!  :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... if the hoggers quit  all THE DAMNED HOARDING!!!!!!!! :angry:

... then I could find a box of 9mm ammo.  And you can't find any .223 either, but I care less about that because I don't have anything that eats it.

Food hoarders... I can understand that.  People panic.  But ammo?!?  This is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse folks.