Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503424 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree with you 100% RH.  Heard a good interview today with a store owner.  He said when you see a totally empty row of shelves that my represent 5 weeks of orders of that product.  It is the same everywhere.  Such as TP.  He said we can't just order enough TP or whatever to fill that whole shelf space in one order.  The warehouses have to just give everyone a pallet of it so it gets to everyone.  He said it also surprised him about the eggs.  Someone starts it and everyone else follows suit and hoards the stuff.  His store also sells house paint and he is seeing a huge increase in paint sales as people are painting the rooms in their houses with the time off they now have. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a friend who rents houses.  He went to buy a stove at Lowe's.  Told the guy what he wanted and the guy said you are the first person who wants something other than a freezer.  He was all out of freezers.  He had two woman fighting over the last one.  He told both of them because of their fighting [verbaly] he would not sell it to both of them. So the stuff in demand it's hard to get.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is one heck of a human behavioral experiment.  I think the challenges are going to get greater as time goes on for awhile.  BUT it is still a nice day.   :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
This is one heck of a human behavioral experiment.  I think the challenges are going to get greater as time goes on for awhile.  BUT it is still a nice day.   :rotflmao:

So, will the birth rate explode in December?  Or have there been a rise (pardon the pun) in condom sales? Will lingerie sales skyrocket? Inquiring minds like yers and mine want to know! :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 06:32:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I tried the condom thing years ago but they didn't come in extra large so I went natural.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So my wife brought this to my attention. I kinda spaced out we have these. When she went through her MRSA ordeal, they gave us 2 boxes of latex gloves. We'd like to give them to someplace that could use them. Now I can't just walk into the nursing home close by, or city hall so any ideas on how to hand these off?
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You may need them to go to the grocery store in the future. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I ain't going that drastic.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Glen the grocery stores have the plastic gloves for I'm there to see it.  Give them to the hospitals if that's what is what you want.  I went shopping today and I used the wipes and so far so good.  The cashiers had the plastic gloves on and I'm happy about that.  I'm sure the nursing home's would love to have them.  Just give them to the receptionist and they will take care of the rest.  I can't see my mom or my dad but they do accept stuff by the desk.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cripes, any EMS personnel will take them and put them to good use. Sit them at their door.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glen the grocery stores have the plastic gloves for I'm there to see it.  Give them to the hospitals if that's what is what you want.  I went shopping today and I used the wipes and so far so good.  The cashiers had the plastic gloves on and I'm happy about that.  I'm sure the nursing home's would love to have them.  Just give them to the receptionist and they will take care of the rest.  I can't see my mom or my dad but they do accept stuff by the desk.  good luck.
nursing home is 3 blocks from me. :happy1: I didn't think they'd even let ya in the front door. That's why I ask. I also know who the people are that need them.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The floral shop the wife works for shut down today. They had lots of flowers & arrangements left so they hauled them to folks in care centers & assisted living. They got lots of calls thanking them as the residents have been unable to have visitors.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unable to hold funerals or have burials at this time. Far reaching consequences of this right now....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Found out yesterday that we are essential so we will stay working. Just like Glenn said.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Get outdoors, but don’t go far? Visitors face restrictions, closures
Some boat landings close and confusion reigns as COVID-19 travel restrictions threaten outdoor activities away from home.

:coffee: ......Da full Scoop :doah: :reporter;

https://www.brainerddispatch.com/sports/outdoors/5014525-Get-outdoors-but-don%E2%80%99t-go-far-Visitors-face-restrictions-closures
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great articles youse guys.  We can get the Brainerd Dispatch free for awhile per Lee's article.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard this mornig that Fauci has said he expects the "flattening of the curve" by ~ 4/15. Also that Fanatics, the sports apparel company, was converting 2 of their factories that had been shut down to making gowns & masks. Microsoft earlier in the week came out & said that they had 9,000,000 of the N95 masks that they normaly use in production they were going to give to the government. :happy1: :cool: I'm a glass 1/2 full kind of guy so those are the stories I look for.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 09:02:22 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... if the hoggers quit  all THE DAMNED HOARDING!!!!!!!! :angry:

... then I could find a box of 9mm ammo.  And you can't find any .223 either, but I care less about that because I don't have anything that eats it.

Food hoarders... I can understand that.  People panic.  But ammo?!?  This is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse folks.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The floral shop the wife works for shut down today. They had lots of flowers & arrangements left so they hauled them to folks in care centers & assisted living. They got lots of calls thanking them as the residents have been unable to have visitors.
I just read that garden centers are non essential.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Drew Brees & his wife are donating $5 mil to the effort down there & his charity is partnering with others to put out 10,000 meals a day as well.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that garden centers are non essential.
NOW  that will urinate me off!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

but up here i usually dont plant that stuff till about fishing opener anyway. so if fleet farm is or will be open,they have a garden center...think they'll allow there garden center to be open?????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Probably not............................................if they see YOU comin.  :whistling:   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                      :oops1: :sorry: I was thinkin of Reb & Dotch!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:

If'n they see us headin' their direction they'll high tail it outta there! "Hey, it's those guys in the Studebaker who plug toilets with wool! Run fer yer lives!"

There were still some small funerals being held in these parts as of the other day, primarily family members only for elderly who had very little family left for instance. Otherwise they're having memorial services once an all clear is given. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I done my good deed today. dropped them latex gloves off at the nursing home. they where happy as hell!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are a good man Glenn. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure I would rather have a GM ventilator than a Ford

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no I never thought of that dilemma.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well I done my good deed today. dropped them latex gloves off at the nursing home. they where happy as hell!!!!!!!!!
  WTH :scratch: we get :evil: & they get :angel:         :doah: :pouty:              ;) :laugh: :laugh: