Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503427 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Have we discussed wearing masks? I have plenty of sterile gloves we've been wearing,  but not masks yet. The little I've been into grocery/ drug stores I've seen a few sporting them but not many. The wife is going to make some out of bandanas and hair ties which I'm totally fine throwing on hitting menardos and fleet farm. You guys?

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't worn gloves or masks.  I do wipe down the cart when shopping and when I'm done shopping I have some purell lotion that I put on before I get into my truck.  Plus wash my hands when I get home.  The mask not yet but I'm thinking about it.  Nothing wrong with wearing a mask,  I think it's a lot better than not wearing one.  I haven't worn a mask of any kind since the Army.  They put you in a room and a guy come's in and sprays tear gas so you know what it's like.  Then after you start coughing and tearing up they give you the mask and let you out.  I was in the military police.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Have we discussed wearing masks? I have plenty of sterile gloves we've been wearing,  but not masks yet. The little I've been into grocery/ drug stores I've seen a few sporting them but not many. The wife is going to make some out of bandanas and hair ties which I'm totally fine throwing on hitting menardos and fleet farm. You guys?

might have to order a couple from ya!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't a MP but we had to do the tear gas chamber when I was in too... gawd that was tearful time!!!
« Last Edit: April 04/03/20, 05:22:43 PM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've thought about wearing a mask when I go to the grocery store in a week or so.  I also wondered about disposable gloves too.  Sure hate to ruin the good record of staying safe.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Al Qaida fighting off virus for years!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have been wearing gloves when I go grocery shopping. I now have masks for the next time I go. It seems to be progressing according to Waltz.... so you can't be to causes.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
here is my reasoning for bringing this up.

on MSN's homepage..first article is titles...…….experts and WH advisors doubt COVID-10  death numbers!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

and then you have to wonder just what the heck you can believe!!!!!! :pouty:
I believe they are talking about the numbers coming out of China.

And the belief is that the numbers out of China are low, much lower than reality.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife just showed me a post on FB about the Wadena Walmart.  The employees there have been going up behind people and coughing as a joke.  People aren't amused and it is frightening people.  Idjuts. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
here is my reasoning for bringing this up.

on MSN's homepage..first article is titles...…….experts and WH advisors doubt COVID-10  death numbers!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

and then you have to wonder just what the heck you can believe!!!!!! :pouty:
I believe they are talking about the numbers coming out of China.

And the belief is that the numbers out of China are low, much lower than reality.
I seen a pc on this on the news this morning so I googled the current #'s. China is only reporting 81,600+ total cases & 3,300+ fatalities.  :bs: It's so bad that the CIA is even involved in trying to get the true #'s & they have been warning the White house since mid - February about the false #'s being reported. :crazy: :pouty:
« Last Edit: April 04/04/20, 09:39:24 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife just showed me a post on FB about the Wadena Walmart.  The employees there have been going up behind people and coughing as a joke.  People aren't amused and it is frightening people.  Idjuts.

they will out of a job soon................

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

they will out of a job soon................
As they should be!! :angry2: :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was looking at the 511 map and I see the Red Lake Nation has shut down it's access's to all non-essential travel, 3 places where the roads are closed...   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It was on the radio Friday that the red lake res declared Marshall law there. Curfews and all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so last night watching the news, I missed Walz state of the state, heard thru the news him and trump babble something about these next 2 weeks are going to be tough. were do they get this from?????is this based on what china and Italy went threw??????? dealing with the time frame????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
so last night watching the news, I missed Walz state of the state, heard thru the news him and trump babble something about these next 2 weeks are going to be tough. were do they get this from?????is this based on what china and Italy went threw??????? dealing with the time frame????????

Here is a graph from the MN, Health web site.  The Cumulative line looks really bad but the one that counts is pretty level.  If the daily new cases line at the bottom starts rising it's a different ball game, but right now it's staying pretty flat.  Same with the Death graph.  If they ran these numbers to the total population in MN 5.6 mil it would not be as scary.  Yes it could turn that way. It would be good if they also showed the recovered rates as well.
Click-um.
« Last Edit: April 04/07/20, 05:28:29 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what makes it so confusing, these grafts that show or predict possible outcomes...…..its like charting the possibility of the Vikings winning the superbowl!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

curious to see how these charts would be in comparision to the influenza strains????????

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the NY death rates are slowly going down some which is good news.  Maybe light at the end of the tunnel.  Stock market went up over a thousand this morning.  So some good news but they said this would be a rough week.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the NY death rates are slowly going down some which is good news.  Maybe light at the end of the tunnel.  Stock market went up over a thousand this morning.  So some good news but they said this would be a rough week.  good luck.

I think that in places like NYC there are enough people in bad shape that a bunch aren't gonna make it and the death numbers, which lag the infection numbers, are going to be big.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate to say it but as bad of shape as NY is in I'm thinking they are going to find people that just stayed at home and died. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the Gov. says he will make a decision midweek on the extension of stay at home deal..  to me he's saying it will be extended...   and I figured he would do that all along... 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it is a tough call to balance crippling the economy and controlling the spread of the virus.

Stay at home is effective, but how long is it sustainable?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it is a tough call to balance crippling the economy and controlling the spread of the virus.

Stay at home is effective, but how long is it sustainable?
till the end of April  as I see it!!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup I see end of April. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think by the end of the month things will open up to get people back to work but not in every state in my opinion.  Some states right now are still open.  Some need to be open for they feed us all.  I hope we get back to producing medicine products right here in the good old USA so we are not depended on China like we are now.  I see our economy back roaring at the end of the 3rd quarter.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Remdesivir is a drug that possibly could be used to treat covid.   
-------------------------------
https://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2020/04/05/gilead-covid19-coronavirus-remdesivir/
Gilead ramps up production of experimental Covid-19 treatment amid criticism over access
By ED SILVERMAN @PharmalotAPRIL 5, 2020
Hepatitis Drugs
ERIC RISBERG/AP
In response to intensifying demand, Gilead Sciences (GILD) has been ramping up production of its experimental remdesivir treatment that is being tested to combat the novel coronavirus.

The drug maker now has 1.5 million individual dosages that could be used for more than 140,000 patients and is supplying the medicine, which is being made available through clinical trials and special access programs, at no charge.

“Providing our existing supplies at no charge is the right thing to do, to facilitate access to patients as quickly as possible and in recognition of the public emergency posed by this pandemic,” Gilead chief executive officer Daniel O’Day wrote in an open letter released Saturday night. He added the 1.5 million doses will be donated for “broader distribution” following any potential future regulatory approvals.

ADVERTISEMENT

In coming months, the company expects to increase supplies as raw materials become available and, as a result, has set an “ambitious goal” of producing more than 500,000 treatment courses by October and more than 1 million by the end of this year. Toward that end, Gilead said it is building a “geographically diverse” group of suppliers to expand global capacity for raw materials and production.

Related: As the coronavirus spreads, a drug that once raised the world’s hopes is given a second shot
There is some evidence remdesivir, which previously failed to show benefit in Ebola virus patients, benefits Covid-19 patients, and the company has been working with researchers and several governments to get several clinical trials running. Results are expected this month.

https://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2020/04/05/gilead-covid19-coronavirus-remdesivir/

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope they are onto something.  Most of those viral meds seem to have some serious side effects.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
First noble thing I have heard from a drug company in a long time.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Their gesture is an investment.  If they are the first ones in with a successful treatment drug, there will be plenty of money to be made.

I'm sure drug companies want to find a treatment drug that is still under patent protection, not something cheap, generic, and affordable like Hydroxychloroquine.