Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503389 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
First noble thing I have heard from a drug company in a long time.
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: don't knock dem drug companies LPS!!!!!! :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: I make a pretty good living building vessels for drug companies!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heard about this one the other day. If you've treated livestock, dogs for heartworm or had head lice (crabs?) you may be familiar with it. I have a bottle of ivermectin in the medicine cabinet. Used to be expensive but since the patent is off it's dirt cheap. We use it for both internals & externals in the sheep once they're shorn. Used sub Q, injectible stings, makes 'em hop around but it's effective.

https://www.newsweek.com/ivermectin-head-lice-drug-coronavirus-1496496 

And yes glenn, it does work on crabs!

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pubic-lice-crabs/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350306 
« Last Edit: April 04/07/20, 10:39:01 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard about this one the other day. If you've treated livestock, dogs for heartworm or had head lice (crabs?) you may be familiar with it. I have a bottle of ivermectin in the medicine cabinet. Used to be expensive but since the patent is off it's dirt cheap. We use it for both internals & externals in the sheep once they're shorn. Used sub Q, injectible stings, makes 'em hop around but it's effective.

https://www.newsweek.com/ivermectin-head-lice-drug-coronavirus-1496496 

And yes glenn, it does work on crabs!

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pubic-lice-crabs/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350306 
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: good to know...………………..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We started using in for heartworms with our dogs.  It is a fraction of the cost of Frontline.  I think we paid $30 for a bottle and it will last 3 years or more to treat our dogs every month.  Doesn't take much.  About .1 or .2 cc's per dog per month orally. Learned about it in the great dog Vet book:  "How to afford Vet care without mortgaging the kids."  Dr. Busby in Bemidji.  The book is on Amazon.  He pissed off a lot of vets cuz he tells it like it is so people can save money on vetcare.  Fun book to read too. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Off the COVID-19 topic but what are you using for fleas & ticks on the dogs Barry? The pour on permethrin we buy for livestock? A gallon costs about $20 - $30 & would last forever when used on a dog or two. It should work for that but just curious. I know too with herding dogs we have to be somewhat careful with ivermectin as it'll kill some within certain breeds if they're not tested first.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
First you give your dogs 1cc to see if they react.  Work up to 5 ccs and if they don't react by then you are good.  Can't do it with collies and dogs like that.  We now buy Bravecto.  A flavored tablet.  Haven't had a tick or flea on our dogs in the two years we have used it.  Fantastic stuff.  Ticks don't even like being on them.  And we are outside a lot.  One tablet every 3 months.  We do a half tab after the first three months to get them for another month and a half.  That way we can buy 3 tablets total and they are covered for the summer.  About $50 a tablet.  Have to get it from a Vet.  Our Vet mails it to me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sure wish there was a human pill like that I could use to deter all these women. getten tired of beatin off with a stick!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You beat off with a stick?   Ouchie....  try a fleshlight... :smoking: :sleazy: :angry2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one Del.....    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
John Prine died a little bit ago from COVID-19 complications  :cry:

RIP John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEhqzOeJnto
« Last Edit: April 04/07/20, 09:35:42 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sad.  He was a great story telling song writer.  Just had a nice piece on him on CBS. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: i'm not sure what to think of wearing gloves and a mask. I don't have any masks, and all my gloves I gave away to the nursing home.

lately on the news there has been a lot said about the glove issue, if you don't take them off properly, it serves no purpose of wearing them, and even then they say you need to wash your hands because the gloves maybe infected.

I haven't really had to go anyplace yet to decide????????

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: awe for gawds sake!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: NOW the POPE of all people is clammering that this virus is natures way of dealing with the climate crisis!!!!!! training-087 :banghead: :banghead:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: awe for gawds sake!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: NOW the POPE of all people is clammering that this virus is natures way of dealing with the climate crisis!!!!!! training-087 :banghead: :banghead:

Whether you believe in "Global Warming" or not, the Pope clearly has an agenda in this regard because ecological changes - regardless of their cause - affect those in poverty hardest.

I find I need to read quotes from this Pope carefully, because the media often times draws the wrong inferences.

"We did not respond to the partial catastrophes. Who now speaks of the fires in Australia, or remembers that 18 months ago a boat could cross the North Pole because the glaciers had all melted? Who speaks now of the floods?" the Pope said.  "I don't know if these are the revenge of nature, but they are certainly nature's responses," he added.

When he spoke of "Nature's Responses" to the ecological crisis, he was talking about floods and fires and such, not the virus.  His point relates to how the global community responds to these local, "partial" catastrophes.  Now we are faced with global catastrophe and asks what we are doing to help the poor.

His example sited in the CNN article I read asked why are homeless sheltered in Las Vegas parking lots when the hotels are empty?  There may be a good reason for not doing so, but this Pope is continually calling us to pay attention to the needs of the poor.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A well thought out post Steve-o.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I understand your point Steve-o regarding the homeless. I take issue with religion interfering with politics. I am a firm believer in separation of church and state. and in my opinion the catholic church is the worse. I was brought up catholic but I lost all faith in them years ago.

regarding the hotels in vegas…………..they were closed for a reason. I really don't see the catholic church hitting it out of the ballpark building, financing or stepping up for the homeless.

just my opinion.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You make a darn good point too Glenn.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The virus is just as much part of nature as fire and floods and hurricanes and earthquakes.    Talking about "nature's response" is getting sort of close to anthropomorphizing it in replacement for God, which is a strange way for a pope to talk.   

For that matter, mankind and the poor and homeless are also part of nature.     

As for homeless in Hotels, California is starting to do that although it is quite expensive and not popular with the neighbors.   Somewhere north of $100 per day per room.   And they still have to eat, buy booze, buy drugs,  so they won't exactly be on lockdown.   
(one hotel backed out after local protests)

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/06/coronavirus-orange-county-pushes-to-get-more-hotels-for-homeless/

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and when this has all settled down and things start to reopen up...…………..whats gonna happen to the homeless??????? :scratch: :scratch: I assure you they wont be staying in these hotels...so back out on the street again they go!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they will end up with a job at that hotel..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
CAWchester is advising the hotels here to relax restrictions so that folks that may be active with the virus won't affect their families, and can go have a place to stay.... :scratch:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
CAWchester is advising the hotels here to relax restrictions so that folks that may be active with the virus won't affect their families, and can go have a place to stay.... :scratch:

Sort of a problem...   take a family of 4 living in a normal? house, say one like yours Reb.   One of the adults or even a high school kid gets sick.   Not really any way to isolate them in the house.    I bet all those hotels around town are pretty much empty.   Might not be such a dumb idea for the sick person to go stay in a room in a hotel until they are recovered or have to go to hospital.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
and when this has all settled down and things start to reopen up...…………..whats gonna happen to the homeless??????? :scratch: :scratch: I assure you they wont be staying in these hotels...so back out on the street again they go!!!!!!

Jesus Christ was considered a political dissident and was crucified for it. Pope Francis is an advocate for the poor and oppressed people in the world as he should be. I compare those who pick on him for his views to those who crucified Christ.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/08/20, 01:43:51 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
disappointed...……. yes. surprised NO!!!!!!!!!as long as we are at it may as well be on the safe side.

at least my wife hasn't started any gardening projects yet!!!!!! :rolleyes: :shocked: :rotflmao:

gets me to wonder what my work schedule will be like???????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Three more weeks...I'm already goin' bonkers here. First I been out since last week was when I got tested Monday, and I  was the only one in the drive-thru...just a few cars at the shopping center.  Kinda spooky.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Alex looked like a ghost town to start with today...  We went to 2 grocery stores and that was it... The was Eldens and that was was really quiet!!!  then went to Aldi's...  they did have a fair amount of folks there!!  but at each place everyone was respectful of the others and no issues were seen!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!