Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503450 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
and when this has all settled down and things start to reopen up...…………..whats gonna happen to the homeless??????? :scratch: :scratch: I assure you they wont be staying in these hotels...so back out on the street again they go!!!!!!

Jesus Christ was considered a political dissident and was crucified for it. Pope Francis is an advocate for the poor and oppressed people in the world as he should be. I compare those who pick on him for his views to those who crucified Christ.

No, he was considered a religious heretic.   And that is awful judgy of you, isn't it?   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
An update from the scientific press.   Kind of long but quite interesting about vaccine for covid...

https://www.cell.com/immunity/fulltext/S1074-7613(20)30120-5#%20

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well now it's official, May 4th is the end date.. this time any way...  they will extend it again maybe????   :confused: :confused:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
well now it's official, May 4th is the end date.. this time any way...  they will extend it again maybe????   :confused: :confused:

Look at reply #986... ;)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
and when this has all settled down and things start to reopen up...…………..whats gonna happen to the homeless??????? :scratch: :scratch: I assure you they wont be staying in these hotels...so back out on the street again they go!!!!!!

Jesus Christ was considered a political dissident and was crucified for it. Pope Francis is an advocate for the poor and oppressed people in the world as he should be. I compare those who pick on him for his views to those who crucified Christ.

No, he was considered a religious heretic.   And that is awful judgy of you, isn't it?
It was political as much as religious. And my post is no more judgemental than the one illustrating punching Pope Francis for something he didn't even say.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, wash yer filthy mitts! Speaking of, I noticed the Lysol spray and bathroom cleaners and disinfectants were still all gone at the grocery store today....I was headed to pick up a bottle of bleach for normal use. Doesn't anybody mix a tad of bleach and water in a spray bottle for disinfecting like I do?! :bonk:  I will say this stay-at-home rule really brings out those who can and are capable, and the ones who can't and aren't.....
« Last Edit: April 04/08/20, 04:25:39 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never looked at the bleach in the store...  I have plenty anyway..  darn good stuff too!!!  if used right that is!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Best disinfectant there is! And cheap! :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard also that as far as your hands, good soap and water does the job also.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When Mayo was making me answer their questionnaire before I got my snoot swabbed Monday, they said that washing yer hands for 20 seconds was better than the hand disinfectant everyone was looking for. By the way, I was negative for COVID and SARS...but still don't know why I've had this sneezing, coughing, wheezing thing for almost a month now. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/20, 05:05:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When Mayo was making me answer their questionnaire before I got my snoot swabbed Monday, they said that washing yer hands for 20 seconds was better than the hand disinfectant everyone was looking for. By the way, I was negative for COVID and SARS...but still don't know why I've had this sneezing, coughing, wheezing thing for almost a month now. :rolleyes:

I read that when using the hand sanitizer that you need to let it dry and not wipe it off.  As in how I kind of wipe it on my my pants legs.  I also read as RH said that just washing with soap and water is great which reminds me of the thing on the wall at the Dr's office.  FROG  Friction Rubs Out Germs.   Now seriously.  Friction is a big part of warshing hands.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
friction can fun too!!!  just sayin!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
friction can fun too!!!  just sayin!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

O my!! Mikey!!  Now it's rubbed off yer gettin' to sound like someone else!!  :doah:  Honey works good for....er, never mind!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't gonna say anything but was curious who was gonna be the first one to comment on that.  Mike you are the winner.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O gawd ...it's spreading.  :rolleyes:  Wait, now THAT will get turned into something.  :banghead:

I best go have some milk and  cookies.
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 09:21:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
why what did I say!!!?????????     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
CAWchester just cancelled ALL downtown/city outdoor festivities thru July 1st... :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Told Reb this yesterday but the Eddie Cochran car and music festival in Albert's Leaf June 11 - 14 is cancelled. I talked to the secretary of our car club yesterday (I am fearless leader) and we decided to postpone our April activities until later. BTT50's was still on as of today's check on their website but won't be surprised if they punt on that one too. 12,000 cars June 19 - 21 and hopefully more than that number of sweaty people crammed into the State Fairgrounds. What could possibly go wrong?  :scratch: They did cash my check however. Haven't seen the packet in the mail that'll get me in the gate yet.  Who knows? Rebs, roony & I might wind up dumping more wool off at Delski's instead!

https://msrabacktothe50s.com/     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They just better NOT cancel my weekly car shows!!
And that boat landing better be open by the middle of May!!!

:tut:
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 02:08:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Growing pushback & frustration after listening to the latest press conference. Not all softballs being lobbed in Walz's direction by the press today. The numbers from these models being used to make decisions are not adding up & he's being called on it. People are asking for answers & accountability.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like a lot of people would be happier with a higher death count. If the same decisions were made by a Republican governor the same people would be calling him a genius. just sayin....
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 03:57:30 PM by roony »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Blame McDonald's. If they had enough locations in China, that guy in Wuhan wouldn't have had to eat bats on a stick. Besides, they made my kid fat.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So how long can we continue to put everything on hold? The numbers right now stand at 50 deaths in MN. The U of M/MDH model predicts 6000 - 20000 for the 12 - 16 month period. To reach that people will have to start dropping like flies. The U of Washington model predicts 456 thru August. Quite a discrepency.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
On the other hand Mark, our low numbers might very well show that what we are doing is working. I would be more inclined to listen to the epidemiologists than the conspiracy theorists in this case.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Seems like a lot of people would be happier with a higher death count. If the same decisions were made by a Republican governor the same people would be calling him a genius. just sayin....

Bring Me Back! :rotflmao:

:happy1: I kin fix every ting! :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 04:33:32 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough decisions for all our governors for sure. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I will freely admit that I don't have the information to make the call. I think I'll stick to growing tomatoes, something I know a little about.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
CAWchester just cancelled ALL downtown/city outdoor festivities thru July 1st... :rolleyes:

Please tell me dat da worm eating contest is not cancelled dis year. :mad1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0wb0_Iy78&feature=emb_logo
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 05:58:19 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So rodeo stock people supply bucking broncs and bulls for their events.  Do you do that with worms Lee?  Practically the same thing.   A stock contractor with the worm contract!
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that many years ago, he had an old girl friend that gave him worms.  :rotflmao: