Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 504134 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 07:09:29 PM by LPS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On the other hand Mark, our low numbers might very well show that what we are doing is working. I would be more inclined to listen to the epidemiologists than the conspiracy theorists in this case.

Well Art, I would certainly hope that the social distancing, shelter in place, business closings, etc., have made some difference given the resulting economic bloodletting. They'd better. Otherwise there'll be lots of 'splainin' to do.  :scratch: Not even gonna go there on epidemiologists. If I believed everything Osterholm said I would've gone off the grid and built a survival shelter 25 years ago.  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
On the other hand Mark, our low numbers might very well show that what we are doing is working. I would be more inclined to listen to the epidemiologists than the conspiracy theorists in this case.

Well Art, I would certainly hope that the social distancing, shelter in place, business closings, etc., have made some difference given the resulting economic bloodletting. They'd better. Otherwise there'll be lots of 'splainin' to do.  :scratch: Not even gonna go there on epidemiologists. If I believed everything Osterholm said I would've gone off the grid and built a survival shelter 25 years ago.  :rotflmao:

Best idea yet! Its gonna be interesting to see how things pan out at Smithsfield in Sioux Falls

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Odd you bring up Sioux falls. Just talked to and got Sioux falls stay home order. Haven't read it yet but the employer there updated there policy.  New to the policy is if an employee leaves south Dakota for personal reasons they need to self quarantine.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
80 tested positive at that packing plant.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
is that the plant on 115 south of 90??? If so I drive by that place when I head to the shop we got

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
is that the plant on 115 south of 90??? If so I drive by that place when I head to the shop we got

Don't slow down and inhale.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
So rodeo stock people supply bucking broncs and bulls for their events.  Do you do that with worms Lee?  Practically the same thing.   A stock contractor with the worm contract!
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :happy1: :happy1:

:angry2: Jews' guys are just sayin all dat :bs: stuff bout me cuz it's true...... :tut:
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 11:45:01 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Looks like feathers are gettin' ruffled. Personally, I don't think it's going to be working well in another three weeks. Basic psych 101 says that people will follow rules/laws for the betterment of society, but when they personally start to get hit hard thru the pocketbook, their home or life, it'll only last so long, before they start rebelling, regardless. Human nature.

Partisan tempers flare over Minnesota’s COVID-19 response[/b]

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Partisan tempers flared over Minnesota’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak Thursday as Republicans expressed frustration with Democratic Gov. Tim Walz for extending his stay-at-home order through May 4 and questioned the modeling behind his decision.

GOP Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka expressed dismay after Walz issued an extension that allowed certain categories of employees to return to work but maintained closures of bars, restaurants and other businesses deemed non-essential. About 80% of Minnesota employees are exempt.

“I do not approve of the Governor’s unilateral decision to continue the order to shelter at home until May 4th. We have to get on with our lives,” tweeted Gazelka, the state’s top elected Republican.

Paul Gazelka

@paulgazelka
I do not approve of the Governor’s unilateral decision to continue the order to shelter at home until May 4th.  We have to get on with our lives.

1:46 PM - Apr 9, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,267 people are talking about this
In a separate tweet, Gazelka disputed the updated modeling data that Walz used Wednesday as justification for extending his order, suggesting that it’s unduly pessimistic.

“Gov Walz expecting up to 5,000 people in ICU this June,” he tweeted. “New York State has less than 5,000 people in the ICU TODAY! NY has 19.5 million people to our 5.6 million. We have around 3000 beds available. We are ready for the surge now. Why shut MN business down for a NY sized surge?”

Paul Gazelka

@paulgazelka
Gov Walz expecting up to 5,000 people in ICU this June. New York State has less than 5,000 people in the ICU TODAY! NY has 19.5 million people to our 5.6 million. We have around 3000 beds available.  We are ready for the surge now.  Why shut MN business down for a NY sized surge?

2:11 PM - Apr 9, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
577 people are talking about this
Walz said on his daily conference call with reporters that he’s listening to top experts and using the latest available data.

“I want people back to work as badly as anybody does,” Walz said, citing advice from the Mayo Clinic, the Centers for Disease Control, other health organizations and the example of 42 other states with similar restrictions. “I hope that I am as wrong as I can be on the need for those beds, but all of the data shows me that I cannot risk that at this time.”

The Minnesota Department of Health reported 11 new deaths from COVID-19 on Thursday, the state’s largest one-day increase since the pandemic began, raising the state’s total to 50. The department also reported 88 new confirmed cases Thursday for a total of 1,242.

The department has conducted the modeling with experts at the University of Minnesota. Amid increasing pressure, the department has scheduled a presentation on modeling for reporters Friday.

Walz said the various models the state considers, including a more optimistic model from the University of Washington increasingly cited by Republicans, are not meant to predict deaths, but trends and loads on the health care system.

The top Republican in the Minnesota House, Minority Leader Kurt Daudt, urged “maximum transparency” and called for the full release of all the modeling data and assumptions driving the Walz administration’s decisions.

“Every day legislators are fielding dozens of calls from families and business owners whose lives have been turned upside-down as a result of decisions based on modeling data that has not yet been released to the public,” Daudt said in a statement. “It would be helpful for Minnesotans to see for themselves the data informing the Governor’s executive orders — not just a few summary slides.”

Walz said Republicans have the right to question his decisions but disputed that he’s made them unilaterally.

“I don’t think deliberating in a crisis by tweet is the way to go.” he said.
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 07:13:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Odd you bring up Sioux falls. Just talked to and got Sioux falls stay home order. Haven't read it yet but the employer there updated there policy.  New to the policy is if an employee leaves south Dakota for personal reasons they need to self quarantine.
We were just told the same thing last Wednesday at work also that if we travel we need to self quarantine for 14 days.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We get our temp checked at work now and are asked about travel.
On the social side, Easter will be a hard time to stay apart.
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 07:28:10 AM by roony »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We were just told the same thing last Wednesday at work also that if we travel we need to self quarantine for 14 days.
what I had a problem with was the personal travel, if you traveled for the employer it was ok. WTF.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good point Glenn.  If it makes them money it is ok to risk your life.  If it is for your personal satisfaction it is not ok.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The 4" - 8" of snow forecast for Easter here might further enhance social distancing. Looks like a cold, do nothing week for farmers too. Going to be a lot of cranky people to stay away from. Can't go to the bar. Hafta drink at home.  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We get our temp checked at work now and are asked about travel.
On the social side, Easter will be a hard time to stay apart.
the shop we have in st cloud is going to start taking temps as soon as they are set up for it. I see next week. If they refuse they get sent home and are not eligible for unemployment

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
what I had a problem with was the personal travel, if you traveled for the employer it was ok. WTF.
No travel for work for us either. But something I thought of last night is we have contractors in do construction work and I am sure most of them travel back to Grand Forks or where ever they live on the weekends. I don't see them getting quarantined for 14 days. Need to ask the question on Monday.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The kiddie next door, who works for Daddy's non-essential business, just opened back up again. Said he's not stayin' closed. (so he told someone that knows me) His buddies that work for him, meet him here, and park their cars here all day, then head off with him. They arrived this morning, too. Shop is outside of CAWchester, too, so they're all traveling....whaddya gonna do?  :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What kind of shop Rebs?  So they don't want a lot of vehicles parked by the shop I suppose.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, a narrow residential street isn't for his employees to be parking on all day, taking up homeowner's guests spots....he's done this ever since he moved in. Neighbors have already had it out with him over this. Business is a garage door fixit place just south of Rochester, no big place. Park there like any other business does.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, wouldn't garage doors be considered a part of construction which is essential according to the Gov. That is why we are still working. Windows are part of construction making us essential. And what I read a few weeks ago, Judge Napalatono said all this is actually unconstitutional but because of the fear people let the government walk all over the rights.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was deemed non-essential.....not by me. The way I see it, any kinda construction/homeowner type job, whether it be painters, garage door fixers, plumbers, drywallers, electricians, steelworkers, is essential to me. Not much social contact there. Just like my yard guy who is out there right now raking and trimming away. He said they called his biz "Non-essential". But I see the big companies like Tru-green and such are all over the place right now doing yard work. I even think some small restaurants should be allowed to be open. People usually aren't sitting on top of ya in restaurants, so move the tables farther apart. (depending on setup) Non-essential to me are the the bars and breweries that keep popping up all over. Like herds of cattle in 'em. And I agree...when the gubmint starts telling folks what is and isn't an "essential" job, next will be vehicles, guns, etc. In other words, they can kiss my  :moon: But that's another issue.....
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 10:15:37 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As of Wednesday your yard guy can go to work or he wouldn't be there now!!👍

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't followed the news on "when".....I get my news here!  :azn:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A recent development....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't be your house Dotch, it's not big enough of a truck and doesn't have a tandem trailer behind. :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The kiddie next door, who works for Daddy's non-essential business, just opened back up again. Said he's not stayin' closed. (so he told someone that knows me) His buddies that work for him, meet him here, and park their cars here all day, then head off with him. They arrived this morning, too. Shop is outside of CAWchester, too, so they're all traveling....whaddya gonna do?  :confused:

Call the Corona Rat Line....    I thought I posted that already?   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Can't be your house Dotch, it's not big enough of a truck and doesn't have a tandem trailer behind. :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Why doncha stop by ya little blue fart? I'll give ya a haircut then ya can get all yer stuff outta my garage!  :rotflmao:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubllin-sheep-shear-haircut-18071646 
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 11:41:16 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmmm....just finished up with my yard buddy, whom I've been friends with since '81.
A straight, by-the-book guy. Doesn't even drink! Anywho, I asked him about the non-essential thing.... Said he called the state hotline, and they told him it applies to Landscapers, and not "yard care" workers. Talked to his district rep, who told him he can run his business.....but he waited anyway. We agreed the whole thing is kinda wishy-washy. The local ones here never stopped anyway.
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 11:47:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup. Talked to the golf course guy the other day when I was at PO mailing glenn more stuff. Guy said they'd been picking away at stuff out at the golf course even after the gov. edict. Thought I'd noticed trees chopped up and other stuff moved around when I'd gone by there.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 11:56:51 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I mentioned last week....here it starts. Didn't take long. :doah: :censored:

https://kttc.com/2020/04/10/two-companies-sue-brooklyn-center-after-work-blocked-due-to-covid-19/

On another note, Mayo is going to start lay-offs. Salaried employees just took a big % cut. I best not say how much. Confidential. Ssssh. Didn't hear that from me.  :whistling:
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 01:04:28 PM by Rebel SS »