Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503449 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Can't be your house Dotch, it's not big enough of a truck and doesn't have a tandem trailer behind. :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Why doncha stop by ya little blue fart? I'll give ya a haircut then ya can get all yer stuff outta my garage!  :rotflmao:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubllin-sheep-shear-haircut-18071646 
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: careful what you wish for. :evil: by the way how far are you from hey 23?? Iffin I ever get to go to Sioux falls SD again
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You haven't been banned there yet?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: nope federal law says they can't. :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't be your house Dotch, it's not big enough of a truck and doesn't have a tandem trailer behind. :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Why doncha stop by ya little blue fart? I'll give ya a haircut then ya can get all yer stuff outta my garage!  :rotflmao:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubllin-sheep-shear-haircut-18071646 
:scratch: Only trailer he has big enough has his boat on it.  :sleazy: Would you be able to fill that up for him to take home, Dotch? ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wait, wait....!! I got a pile o' dead skwirrels we ran across this morning... :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like market prices aren't reflected in retail prices unless market prices rise.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I mentioned last week....here it starts. Didn't take long. :doah: :censored:

https://kttc.com/2020/04/10/two-companies-sue-brooklyn-center-after-work-blocked-due-to-covid-19/

On another note, Mayo is going to start lay-offs. Salaried employees just took a big % cut. I best not say how much. Confidential. Ssssh. Didn't hear that from me.  :whistling:

Well, if you were a lackey in one of the departments that is more optional, like dermatology or orthopedics, and all  the appointments have been rescheduled until sometime in the sweet bye and bye, no surprise...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife talked to a friend of hers. The campground we used to be at told them they were going to open the campground soon. For now, they will not be having weekenders. Permanent sure people are not allowed visitors from outside the campground, and the permy people are not allowed to gather at others campers.

I'm sure the female drunk is running short on beer money.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Meat prices?  :confused:

https://www.kaaltv.com/coronavirus/for-the-first-time-in-over-70-years-two-local-livestock-auction-markets-are-closed-temporarily-/5697471/?cat=10151

The COVID-19 had a major impact on both beef and lamb markets. Lamb has tended to be a more seasonal market with Easter/Passover & Christmas leading to an uptick in consumption. The Christmas lamb market was OK but the Easter market disintegrated within a matter of days when things started shutting down. With people out of work or not much $ coming in, they're sure as shootin' not gonna go out and buy lamb at $13/lb. What's in the pipeline is still commanding top dollar but the packers don't want more for a while and they're putting the screws to producers who have fats ready to sell. Can only feed & hang onto it for so long. Guess what? It was tough enough before all this so a lot of producers are gonna throw in the towel. Livestock operators liquidate, supply is lower and the price in the store is only gonna get worse for a while especially once demand picks up again. Bend over and take it.  :surrender:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly what I was gettin' at..............up go the prices.   $$
« Last Edit: April 04/11/20, 12:48:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard my neighbor down the road tested positive, hope it's not true.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard my neighbor down the road tested positive, hope it's not true.
ugh. Same here. Stay safe bud!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I found a nice, quiet non-crowded place today...the cemetery. No need to distance there. Actually, folks were strolling around thru there. Stopped and chatted with a guy and his pooch for awhile. Lots of old headstones with DOD 1917-1918, had to wonder if it as was the flu pandemic...some were in their 30's and 20's.
« Last Edit: April 04/11/20, 12:49:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The ones I feel bad for are the 2020 graduating class.....no ceremony, parties, nothing. That's gotta suck. Yer at least entitled to some festivities after 12 years of school.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
So what do yea think.  Can we get through this one too?   :confused:

Click-It.  Availability of Weekly Counts of Cases of Reported Diseases from Any U.S. Location, 1888–2011. Each concentric circle represents a decade, starting with 1888 in the center. No single disease was reported weekly throughout the entire period, and for many diseases, the type of reports changed over time, as represented by different colors: red represents mortality reports and black, green, blue, and orange represent reporting of cases for 1, 2, 3, or more than 3 disease subcategories, respectively
« Last Edit: April 04/11/20, 11:15:47 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't follow it.... :scratch:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The ones I feel bad for are the 2020 graduating class.....no ceremony, parties, nothing. That's gotta suck. Yer at least entitled to some festivities after 12 years of school.
Got a nephew grad from Yale.  No, not  yonny yonson. 
No ceremony etc.   

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't follow it.... :scratch:

What?  The point or the graph?  :doah:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Both.  What is that figure supposed to show?

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

The number of diseases in the US since 1888. The point is if we got through all the rest, have some faith that we can get through this one as well.  :happy1:

Here is the accompanying statement for the graph.

"Availability of Weekly Counts of Cases of Reported Diseases from Any U.S. Location, 1888–2011. Each concentric circle represents a decade, starting with 1888 in the center. No single disease was reported weekly throughout the entire period, and for many diseases, the type of reports changed over time, as represented by different colors: red represents mortality reports and black, green, blue, and orange represent reporting of cases for 1, 2, 3, or more than 3 disease subcategories, respectively"
« Last Edit: April 04/11/20, 11:14:36 PM by Leech~~ »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

The number of diseases in the US since 1888. The point is if we got through all the rest, have some faith that we can get through this one as well.  :happy1:

"Availability of Weekly Counts of Cases of Reported Diseases from Any U.S. Location, 1888–2011. Each concentric circle represents a decade, starting with 1888 in the center. No single disease was reported weekly throughout the entire period, and for many diseases, the type of reports changed over time, as represented by different colors: red represents mortality reports and black, green, blue, and orange represent reporting of cases for 1, 2, 3, or more than 3 disease subcategories, respectively"

Yeah, and we got through the civil war, ww1, ww2, Vietnam, Korea, etc.   One could argue that war is a form of mental pandemic.   

I don't think anyone is arguing we couldn't survive this disease even with a million or two geezers and some additional young folks biting the dust, taking a dirt nap, etc.   We got through Polio and Small Pox etc.  We got through the 1918 flu.   Did some of those things cause significant, even lasting, effects?     

Now we are in the midst of yet another pandemic.   Collectively we are taking actions to minimize deaths and general unpleasantness.   Are we doing the right things?   Are we doing enough?  Too much?   We will really only  know after it is over and things have settled down.  And even then opinions may differ based on personal experience.   

At the moment our best  hope is that some treatments are developed that reduce the severity and fatality of the disease.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Grocery shopping etiquette amid coronavirus pandemic

ST. PAUL — With the changing landscape of grocery shopping during the pandemic come new shopping protocols and etiquette.

There are a lot of questions out there about what new practices should be followed when grocery shopping. The Minnesota Grocers Association has addressed that in an advisory issued this week.

Here are key tips to keep in mind when grocery shopping:

Practice social distancing. Allow at least 6 feet between yourself and others as recommended by the CDC.
Streamline your trip by making a list and having only one family member do the shopping.
Be patient. Extra cleaning procedures are being put in place at grocery stores, such as at checkout lanes, and team members are diligently working to make customers’ shopping quick and efficient.
Buy smart and don’t overfill your carts. There is no shortage of product. The nation’s food supply is strong. Grocery stores continue to receive deliveries every day. Remain calm and mindful when shopping. Overbuying can prevent your neighbor from providing for their family.
Sorry, no returns. As an added layer of precaution, Minnesota grocers have adjusted their return policies. This is to ensure the well-being of team members and customers.
If you see some new products in your store, give them a try. As an industry, the grocers association is working closely with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture to bring new opportunities. The association is building partnerships with local farmers and producers who lost their direct markets to schools, restaurants and bars to keep the state’s economy moving forward.

###

Also, if you see an aisle Bovine hogging one item, hit their cart and tip it over.
« Last Edit: April 04/12/20, 08:02:39 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah, and we got through the civil war, ww1, ww2, Vietnam, Korea, etc.   One could argue that war is a form of mental pandemic.   

I don't think anyone is arguing we couldn't survive this disease even with a million or two geezers and some additional young folks biting the dust, taking a dirt nap, etc.   We got through Polio and Small Pox etc.  We got through the 1918 flu.   Did some of those things cause significant, even lasting, effects?     

Now we are in the midst of yet another pandemic.   Collectively we are taking actions to minimize deaths and general unpleasantness.   Are we doing the right things?   Are we doing enough?  Too much?   We will really only  know after it is over and things have settled down.  And even then opinions may differ based on personal experience.   

At the moment our best  hope is that some treatments are developed that reduce the severity and fatality of the disease.

Good post del, Happy Easter!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Roony.   Happy Easter to you too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing I got a freezer overflowing with piggers.....🐷

https://www.kaaltv.com/national-news/smithfield-closes-south-dakota-pork-plant-due-to-coronavirus/5698887/?cat=10151

Wait, which is it?  All from the same news report above.  :scratch: 

"COVID-19 outbreak in Sioux Falls, S.D. The pork processing plant in South Dakota is closing temporarily after more than 80 employees tested positive for the coronavirus. (Erin Bormett/The Argus Leader via AP)

AP
Updated: April 12, 2020 04:46 PM
Created: April 12, 2020 12:31 PM

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - Virginia-based Smithfield Foods announced Sunday that it is closing its pork processing plant in Sioux Falls until further notice after hundreds of employees tested positive for the coronavirus - a step the head of the company warned could hurt the nation's meat supply.

The announcement came a day after South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem and Sioux Falls Mayor Paul TenHaken wrote to Smithfield and urged the company to suspend operations for 14 days so that its workers could self-isolate and the plant could be disinfected.

The plant, which employs about 3,700 people in the state's largest city, has become a hot spot for infections. Health officials said Sunday that 293 of the 730 people who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in South Dakota work at the plant."

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We best send Glenn back over that way to get the REAL story! They start messin' with my pigger supply, there's gonna be trouble!!! This does mean BACON, yanno!
« Last Edit: April 04/12/20, 06:58:59 PM by Rebel SS »