Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503798 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
There sure is....and I think the original article made a mistake....that he just extended the EMERGENCY ORDER. I don't care. I'll read about it tomorrow. No way am I gonna watch the news.

Well, here's the latest...open to self-interpretation.....or whatever ya want.

(ABC 6 News) - Minnesota Governor Tim Walz is extending the peacetime emergency for 30 days.

This extension is effective April 13 through May 13.  Gov. Walz will seek the Executive Council's approval of the extension Monday afternoon.

“Our actions have saved lives, but the threat of COVID-19 remains,” said Governor Walz. “The next stages of this pandemic are going to challenge us – an extension of Minnesota’s peacetime emergency will allow us to protect Minnesotans’ health and wellbeing and continue to respond effectively to this rapidly-evolving situation.”

Last week, Gov. Walz announced he was extending his stay-at-home order until May 4.

According to Walz's office, this extension of the peacetime emergency is necessary to continue many of the steps taken to curb the spread of the virus.
so where do you suppose this news you read come from??? :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It was in CAWChesters local paper, put together by wondermous diverse people.
Coulda been beamed down to their little antennas from Pleiades (M45).....

Where do you suppose it came from?   :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/13/20, 07:12:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It was in CAWChesters local paper, put together by wondermous diverse people.
Coulda been beamed down to their little antennas from Pleiades (M45).....

Where do you suppose it came from?   :scratch:

Also on KAAL from Austin, owned by Hubbard out of twin cities.       I bet some state web site has it too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they spin a great big roulette wheel....."survey says!......"    :shocked:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Well, if ya plan on having any Memorial day ribs, pigger steaks, chops....better get'em NOW. Smithfield just closed in entirety until further notice. Was going to be for 2 wks to disinfect, etc. Now they say it may be longer.....I can see it coming already... $10 lb pig chops....:censored:

Plus, lookee what else I found..  :doah:

https://www.nbcnews.com/businessmain/chinese-get-ok-buy-american-pork-producer-4B11243408
I have piggies boys! Getting fat and sassy. If ya run outa pork give me a call, they won’t be $10 a lb! Only $9 ;) :rotflmao: J/k same price I’ve had them forever. $1 pound live weight
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if ya plan on having any Memorial day ribs, pigger steaks, chops....better get'em NOW. Smithfield just closed in entirety until further notice. Was going to be for 2 wks to disinfect, etc. Now they say it may be longer.....I can see it coming already... $10 lb pig chops....:censored:

Plus, lookee what else I found..  :doah:

https://www.nbcnews.com/businessmain/chinese-get-ok-buy-american-pork-producer-4B11243408
I have piggies boys! Getting fat and sassy. If ya run outa pork give me a call, they won’t be $10 a lb! Only $9 ;) :rotflmao: J/k same price I’ve had them forever. $1 pound live weight

Piggers!   :happy1:

Hmmmm...but how do I get a live pigger to sit and hold still on my grill?  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/14/20, 08:52:36 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Trump claims he has 'total' authority over reopening economy

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump and governors from both parties are disputing who has the authority to reopen the economy.

Trump told reporters at a White House briefing Monday that he has “total” authority to decide how and when to roll back tough social distancing guidelines aimed at fighting the new coronavirus. But governors insist that they have the primary constitutional responsibility for ensuring public safety in their states and they will decide when it’s safe to begin a return to normal operations.

Democratic leaders in the Northeast and along the West Coast are forming separate state compacts to coordinate their efforts to scale back stay-at-home orders and reopen businesses.

:shocked:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, technically non of them had the authority to do it in the first place if they want to start quoting constitutionality. In my mind all he can do is roll back the national guidelines and the states when roll back theirs when they see fit or finally get enough push back from theirs citizens. Which some of these idiot Governors are going way to far. This is still a free country whether they like it or not.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Walz extends his executive authority; GOP leaders press for transparency in decision-making

ST. PAUL — Gov. Tim Walz on Monday, April 13, issued an order extending his peacetime emergency through May 13 in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The move pushes out the deadline for the governor's extended executive authority and it ruffled the feathers of Republican lawmakers who said the governor should loop them in to make decisions in responding to the growing number of COVID-19 cases and deaths in Minnesota.

The governor on March 13 declared a state of peacetime emergency due to COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, and has since issued dozens of orders significantly altering day-to-day life in Minnesota.

In the effort to limit the spread of COVID-19, Walz closed schools, restaurants, bars and areas of public amusement and ordered that Minnesotans stay at home until at least May 4 unless they are performing essential tasks. And on Monday, Walz left the door open to prolonging those deadlines, but he said he hadn't decided yet whether those orders would have to remain intact beyond May 4.

"The virus will lay out the timetable for us," Walz told reporters. "Yes, we all want to open up tomorrow. But people will die if we do that."

Walz said he was working with health officials to determine the safest way to allow idled workers to get back to their jobs without causing a spike in COVID-19 cases that could overwhelm the state's health systems.

Republican legislative leaders on Monday said they hoped to see more businesses open quickly to reduce the burden on the state's economy. And they called for answers about what was guiding Walz's decisions about when to allow Minnesotans to go back to work.

"He clearly understands the emergency caused by COVID-19," Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka, R-East Gull Lake, said. "We need to be assured he also understands the economic emergency caused by his response."

House Minority Leader Kurt Daudt, R-Crown, called on Walz to open up discussions about when restrictions would lift, saying "it should not be up to a few commissioners in St. Paul to be the sole decision-makers for thousands of businesses and millions of employees."

The Legislature on Tuesday could end the peacetime emergency with majority support in each legislative chamber. But given the divided nature of the body, it appeared unlikely that could succeed. A small faction of Republican lawmakers known as the New House Republican Caucus put forth a separate resolution to end the peacetime emergency. That resolution would require two-thirds support in each chamber.

Discussions about when to reopen businesses and begin allowing more Minnesotans to go back to work are ongoing, Walz and economic development officials said. And efforts to slowly reopen areas of the economy could be constrained given a lack of supplies to test workers for the illness and for antibodies that could indicate whether someone has already been sick.

Department of Employment and Economic Development Commissioner Steve Grove on Monday said state officials were having consistent contact with regional chambers of commerce around the state and had been taking suggestions from Minnesotans about ways to get people back to work safely.

The slowed economy also hit the state's coffers, state budget officials said, and general fund receipts in February and March came in 3.8% lower than what they'd expected before the pandemic took hold. Walz and his commissioners would take a 10% salary decrease and the state would freeze hiring for nonessential workers, Minnesota Management and Budget Commissioner Myron Frans said.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, technically non of them had the authority to do it in the first place if they want to start quoting constitutionality. In my mind all he can do is roll back the national guidelines and the states when roll back theirs when they see fit or finally get enough push back from theirs citizens. Which some of these idiot Governors are going way to far. This is still a free country whether they like it or not.
yea i'm thinkin there's gonna be some serious head butting over this real soon.

and I briefly read a bit this morning that the orange man has backed off his i'm king and i'll decide if the states can open up or not with, well we will work closely with the states. :doofus: :doofus:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/14/20, 10:05:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems to me Trump is going to lose this one, but I've been wrong before.

IF the states had the authority to shut themselves down, don't they also have the authority to open back up?

Also, the disease is running different courses through different parts of the country - i.e. STATES - and so there IS no one size fits all solution.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wasn't it a week ago or so he said it was up to the states?????? now that things are looking up, he wants to take credit.  :doofus: :doofus:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's worse in Michigan. :shocked:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/michigan-gov-whitmer-faces-fierce-backlash-over-strict-stay-home-n1182711

And in MI, places that are open like a hardware store selling things like garden seeds, you can't purchase them. You can order them online however.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm....I just got an E-mail from my Ford dealer...we're open! Great deals!  :scratch: 

And Menard's garden center, along with Home Dept's , are open....

In TODAYS news:

A list published by DEED categorizes what industries are considered not essential in more detail. Some examples of businesses currently deemed nonessential at this gtime are nonmetallic mining operations, fabric mills, printing companies, auto dealers, furniture stores, lawn and garden supply stores, shoe stores, jewelry stores, florists and general office administrative or advertising services.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/20, 11:51:31 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We best pay close attention to how our civil liberties are being infringed upon during all this - because it will be all the more easy for government to impose more of them the next time something else happens.

No, I don't think we are heading towards what happened in Nazi Germany.  What happens to us will be different and unique to our times.  But it IS happening.  The government is exerting more control over our lives.  Media outlets determine which viewpoints get expressed or suppressed and/or censored.  And medical research - both private sector and publicly funded universities - is controlled by drug company funding, which has no interest in finding the best solutions to medical problems - only those solutions that will make them a profit.

When was the last time you heard Fouchi remind us that keeping up with vitamins A, C, and D is integral to keeping your body's own immune system boosted during this pandemic time?   :confused:  Nope.  (Or maybe I missed it.)
 But he sees a vaccine as the best, most desirable solution. 

Yes, I know Corona-19 isn't SARS, but I don't recall ever getting vaccinated against SARS.  We all need more information, but I just wish I had more confidence that the information we are getting is objective.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You don't answer PM's?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
CAWchester stated the other day you need to wear a mask out in public...so I contacted (Thru E-mail) 2 of the local news stations, the paper, Mayo, COVID hotline, the same day, to see WTH do I GET a reusable mask?! I don't sew, have no relatives, live alone, told them that, and yet..No ones replied or answered. This ____ town sure can dish it out, but when it comes down to asking for help, you don't always get it.
Thanks to Mikey and Linda, I'm getting it.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/14/20, 12:04:38 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
According to Cuomo today: 1600 new cases, 778 new deaths. The new deaths # is consistent with the last 3-4 days. Still a lot of people that can't even plan a funeral. :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
question... do you think this whole shut down, social distancing thing will stop the indians from netting during the spawn on mille lacs this year?
i'll hang up and listen.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aren't they a nation unto themselves....ie; have their own right to do that? I have no idea...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just told Ruby that  it was about 45 minutes until Gov. Timmy time. She growled! I about lost it. Obviously not a democrat but I reminded her that at least she could still vote here in MN.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just told Ruby that  it was about 45 minutes until Gov. Timmy time. She growled! I about lost it. Obviously not a democrat but I reminded her that at least she could still vote here in MN.  :happy1:
you lose it when you see a strawberry pie!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

dat's funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If yer not careful, she could be elected first female gov!  *WOOF!*

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
OK Reb and those others in the area.... It's morning with the mayor.   Get yur questions in.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if you mean CAWchester's Mayor, that sow won't answer any questions unless it's in collusion with her money-stealing council of graft members.