Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503813 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Good post. Thought provoking. Way too many gaps and variables to do more than slow it down IMO. Like the kiddies next door. (Buddies and beer tonite again, social transmission) CAWchester has a hair up their ass about get yer food delivered, support the restaurants! Sure, great if ya have a lot of cash, but even worse, so far we know the virus can live on paper/cardboard for 3 hours or more. Door to door virus delivery. UPS, Fed-ex...AHCHOO...there goes that pkg. No masks available anywhere here, air contact of virus. 28,000 working people in the glitterdome crammed into a downtown area. Virus in elevators..railings...hours of living in warm air. Stays on clothing. Clothing to items to doors to counters transmission.....and on and on.  We did better on the measles person quarantine in the 60's. That's my take on it.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Sent to me by someone who knows his stats pretty well. Food for thought.

https://medium.com/@yinonweiss/lets-visualize-state-by-state-shutdown-effectiveness-on-covid-19-e13a5cdb50ad   

I just wish everyone would stop comparing us for anything to a little piss-ant country like Sweden.  They have like 17 million people to the USA's 327 million people. Their largest city is Stockholm which has 1.2 million people. We have 10 cities with higher population then that with New York alone having 8,601,186 people.

So for the love of God, lets just say they have more blonds with blue eyes then us and be done with it!  :bonk: :bonk:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: you tell'em leech. :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Compare it to the camel humpers in Somali land. Half live here anyway.

May I present another highly important important graph right now.... ;)
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 08:18:53 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lovin' the fact that the Affinty Credit Union log-in has crashed, due to millions checking their accts for a stimulus check, the site says. I can't do any of my online banking or bill-paying... Guess the bills wait. I really don't care. Come get me.
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 11:39:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not just you, mine goes directly to "Service Unavailable".
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 01:33:51 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone watching the protests in Michigan.  Peolple are mad at how restrictive the governor is being.  Can buy booze but not paint????  Not Paint if you want to keep your house up.  Cant buy seeds or dirt for your garden???  Cant use motors in any waters??  Worse than any communist nation it's getting there.  The people in  Michigan are told what you can buy and what you can't.  What the hell does it matter what you buy.  None of her buisness.  They also want to get back to work.  Unreal.  This is not what this country stands for.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And lots of the stuff is all in the same store.  But can't buy it cuz it is on her list.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife was telling me that if someone from another state has a second home in Michigan they can come into Michigan but if you live in  Michigan  and you have a second home in another state you can't go there  :crazy: :crazy: good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone watching the protests in Michigan.  Peolple are mad at how restrictive the governor is being.  Can buy booze but not paint????  Not Paint if you want to keep your house up.  Cant buy seeds or dirt for your garden???  Cant use motors in any waters??  Worse than any communist nation it's getting there.  The people in  Michigan are told what you can buy and what you can't.  What the hell does it matter what you buy.  None of her buisness.  They also want to get back to work.  Unreal.  This is not what this country stands for.  good luck.

That's pure bullsh**!! What you BUY has nothing to do with it! At most, they can insist you not "congregate", IMO, they CANNOT tell you what you can and can't buy. Hope they don't try that sh** here. We all know how that'll work with me! Maybe folks need to speak up more.....it's OUR country!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Know some folks in MI. They are pi$$ed off! Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the eggs pretty close to crackin' here, too. Lotsa grumbly PO'd people this am I talked to.  Gov Goofy is on at 2:00 PM with his Tales from the Twilight, we'll see what he has to say....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not just you, mine goes directly to "Service Unavailabe".

I'm gonna post that in an Email when I get my online bills from now on.  :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now this is just plain stoopid.......so now I wanna be classified again as "active", even though I'm a retired first responder. Can I get a ham with that mask?   :bonk:

https://www.kaaltv.com/coronavirus/hormel-union-workers-demand-reclassification-as-first-responders/5701237/?cat=10151

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Its changed, Reb.  :rolleyes:  Now it's due to technical diffculties.  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, mines still fudged too. What a buncha crap. I just wanna pay my bills and check my balance.  :angry:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 01:57:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to the new Gubmint stimulus website and entered requested info, got this:

Payment Status

We scheduled your payment to be deposited on April 15, 2020 to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ************5355

If you don't see your payment credited to your account, check with your bank to verify they received it. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

:smiley:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to know Reb! :happy1:

Told Ruby it was almost Timmy Time a few minutes ago. Today she barked! What a goof... :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I had checked our accounts last night and our stimulus moola was in there then.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gov Goof, other than saying "uh....ummm" every 5th word, said in a nutshell, "everthing is staying the same for now".....was a wasted bcast, IMO.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

That's pure bullsh**!! What you BUY has nothing to do with it! At most, they can insist you not "congregate", IMO, they CANNOT tell you what you can and can't buy. Hope they don't try that sh** here. We all know how that'll work with me! Maybe folks need to speak up more.....it's OUR country!

Michigan/Governor Gretchen Whitmer  Democratic Party  NEXT!   :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
George W. Bush Urged Us to Prepare for Future Pandemics in 2005 :tut:
 |
                             NowThis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSDC5L7qYUc
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 03:11:40 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember that Lee.  It sure was listened to wasn't it.  Typical of stuffed shirts in politics.  They are all reactive instead of being proactive.   Back to the tyrant governor in Michigan.  I was listening to some of the people at the protest.  One said he can't go over his property line.  Have to stay on his own property even though the neighbor said come on over but stay 6 feet away.  Another said how insane is it that I can't buy grass seeds or fertilizer for the lawn.  They have plenty of paint, grass seeds, and fertilizer but the tyrant said you can't buy it.  A small buisness owner said he is not allowed to buy a American flag.  What the hell is wrong with this picture.  Regardless of party, left right in the middle or don't even care about politics,  this has to get you outraged big time.  I think this is just the start.  I think these protests are just the beginning of government overeach that has gone extreem.  I can see the 6 foot thing and the masks and gloves but this is governing as a dictator and it has to stop now.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Lovin' the fact that the Affinty Credit Union log-in has crashed, due to millions checking their accts for a stimulus check, the site says. I can't do any of my online banking or bill-paying... Guess the bills wait. I really don't care. Come get me.

Is that what is going on?   Think bank, formerly the IBM credit union, has been having problems also.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Now this is just plain stoopid.......so now I wanna be classified again as "active", even though I'm a retired first responder. Can I get a ham with that mask?   :bonk:

https://www.kaaltv.com/coronavirus/hormel-union-workers-demand-reclassification-as-first-responders/5701237/?cat=10151

Nah but I got some sliced ham that I can put strings on and you can wear it as a mask

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well duh.....WTH did you expect? Afternoon dainties and tea?! :bonk:

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) - With many staying home and having more free time, alcohol sales are up across the country according to Nielsen market research data. People at home have seen their drinking patterns change.

However, the World Health Organization says drinking is labeled as a very 'unhelpful' coping method.

"It's amazing that something that seems so tame, innocent and in control can become out of control the next moment," said Tom Truszinski, director at Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge.

Some people have no issues with alcohol, but for many it can lead to addiction. Excessive alcohol in your system can also make you more susceptible to viral infections.

"Usually what happens in this time is people self-medicate. They are looking for a way to escape their concerns and struggles," Truszinski said. "Being honest with yourself and another person that can hold you accountable is a huge first step."

Since the cornonavirus spread started, Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge have received more calls than ever about their alcohol rehab programs.

However… he warns that help is only available to those who want it…

"All my other routes of finding relief and freedom haven't worked so I'm ready to try someone else's method," said Truszinski, who has battled alcohol addiction himself. "That's when we find breakthroughs, freedom, trueness of life and transformation."

Before counselors can help find the root of the drinking problem, they say detoxing in the first step.

Alcohol is not always related to mental health issues, but it can be a factor.

"But there is a strong correlation because once again, people are trying to self-medicate a hurt or a pain," said the director. "What is that hurt, pain or challenge that you're trying to escape from?"

And even if you do find an escape...

"You're never going to find true satisfaction and happiness in life in a bottle," said Truszinski. "Drinking isn't going to solve a problem. It's only going to make the problems even greater."

He says that if you are concerned about someone's drinking and they do not want to get help, that you should set boundaries between yourself and this person in order to not allow them to influence or harm you.

:drinking:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, with all this free time, for those not working, no reason for anybody to have a disorganized tackle box, squeaky reel, dull hooks, or old frayed line! Anyone been pourin' lead? (jigs or bullets)  :fishing:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 07:18:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, with all this free time, for those not working, no reason for anybody to have a disorganized tackle box, squeaky reel, dull hooks, or old frayed line! Anyone been pourin' lead? (jigs or bullets)  :fishing:

Nope but I got a bunch of wheel weights that I ought to meld down on the camp chef once it warms up.   Need a cheap stainless pan first.