Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503776 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did the tackle box thing the other day.  Received my NMEA 2000 cables and connectors yesterday.  Couldn't stand just looking at it so I braved the cold and installed the power, drop cables, backbone and terminators.  Connected my Lowrance TI, TI2 and Ghost trolling motor on the network.  I got it so they all see and talk to each other.  Looks like the TI2 will do just about everything with the Ghost.  Now I need some water to check out the sonars. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
'I have to walk my teddy bear': Italians come up with unlikely excuses to defy lockdown

An empathic woman out of her house to comfort her friend whose chicken had died. A grief-struck man visiting his grandma at the cemetery while the woman is well and alive at home. A woman walking her tortoise in the park. 

In Italy, where the government has enforced some of the most strict lockdown restrictions in the world to curb the spread of the coronavirus, people have come up with some unlikely excuses to get out of the house.

From the man walking his son’s stuffed animal to the couple candidly admitting that their love couldn’t keep them apart, the stories caught the attention of a Rome-based journalist, Salvatore Dama, who started a daily top-ten list of the most tragicomic reasons Italians found to defy the lockdown.

His daily Facebook lists, based on local news reports, became so popular that he decided to turn them into an e-book, with proceeds going towards a hospital in Bergamo, one of the hardest-hit cities in Italy. 

###

Will it soon be Dotch with "I had to take my sheep out for a haircut?! 🐏
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 05:18:28 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if ya plan on having any Memorial day ribs, pigger steaks, chops....better get'em NOW. Smithfield just closed in entirety until further notice. Was going to be for 2 wks to disinfect, etc. Now they say it may be longer.....I can see it coming already... $10 lb pig chops....:censored:

Plus, lookee what else I found..  :doah:

https://www.nbcnews.com/businessmain/chinese-get-ok-buy-american-pork-producer-4B11243408
I have piggies boys! Getting fat and sassy. If ya run outa pork give me a call, they won’t be $10 a lb! Only $9 ;) :rotflmao: J/k same price I’ve had them forever. $1 pound live weight

Piggers!   :happy1:

Hmmmm...but how do I get a live pigger to sit and hold still on my grill?  :rotflmao:

Ruh roh.....more piggy probs....  :cry:

Tyson Foods says 2 dead after virus outbreak at Iowa plant

April 15, 2020

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Two employees have died following a coronavirus outbreak that has sickened scores of Tyson Foods workers at a large pork plant in southeastern Iowa.

The deaths of the workers at Tyson plant in Columbus Junction are the first known to be linked to an outbreak at a meatpacking plant in Iowa.

The company said that it was "deeply saddened by the loss of two team members" and that their families were in its thoughts and prayers.

The plant has been idled since April 6, when Tyson announced that more than two dozen workers were infected.

The company said Monday that it would continue the plant's suspension this week after more workers tested positive. No date to re-open has been mentioned at this time.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 05:55:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Evers extends Wisconsin stay-at-home order until May 26

April 16, 2020

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Tony Evers has extended Wisconsin's stay-at-home order for another month.

The extension issued Thursday keeps nonessential businesses closed until May 26 to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

Schools will remain closed for the remainder of the academic year. News of the extension comes amid growing criticism from conservatives who are pushing Evers, and governors in other states, to loosen restrictions.

Evers did make some adjustments, including allowing golf courses to reopen. He's also allowing nonessential businesses to make deliveries and have curbside pickup available.

That includes arts and crafts stores making material available to produce face masks and other personal protective equipment.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they might open golf courses with rules.  That is a good step.  Pretty easy to distance yourself there.  Like me, I am usually in the trees or brush.   :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the PGA is planning on a tournament on June 8 with no fans allowed.  Will be on TV. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that sounds exciting. "Oh, the ball went in that hole!!"  :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that sounds exciting. "Oh, the ball went in that hole!!"  :bonk: :rotflmao:
About as exciting as it usually is.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they might open golf courses with rules.  That is a good step.  Pretty easy to distance yourself there.  Like me, I am usually in the trees or brush.   :rotflmao:

almost as fun as watching paint dry!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   just givin ya crap buddy!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I did somewhat enjoy watching it when Tiger Woods was playing more.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ruby snored thru the COVID-19 update today. Gov. Timmy wasn't on it.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey good one Roony!  Fun video.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They just said that the Influenza has practically disappeared due to the distancing.  Interesting.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
They just said that the Influenza has practically disappeared due to the distancing.  Interesting.

they can say that cause any that happens is related to the virus now days.....  ask them and they will tell you that too....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Think about this whole thing......the US (and other countries) will never be the same again, in many ways. Because of a microbe from a bat. Pretty sobering fact.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 & a "wet market" in Wuhan, China.  :crazy: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Weird that now they are talking that it may have come from a lab again. :doofus:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Weird that now they are talking that it may have come from a lab again. :doofus:

heard that today too....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I can't wait to find out. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And you guys thought I was cuckoo when I first suggested that it was exactly like Stephen King's novel, "The Stand". Capt Trips.   :crazy:

Watch the movie with Tom Hanks....."Inferno". Then see what ya think. Really.
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 04:39:37 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

He tested positive last week, and wasn't on TV yday either.......hmmmmm..........
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 04:48:34 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone had mentioned quite awhile ago that they had read that it was from a biological lab in Wuhan and I wondered about it ever since.  Word will have to leak out to get the truth.  China will cover it up as long as they can.  If it is found out to be a biological thing that got away from them I would say ok our debt with you is erased and you now owe us big bucks. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And North Korea missiles that were test launched , were reportedly of the "payload carrying" type....Hmmmm. Off-site lab in poor area of china, who no ones gonna look at, makes genetic engineered microbe under table in return for money into that poor area.....hmmm...hmmm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/coronavirus-minnesota-joins-pact-with-6-midwest-states-on-reopening-economy

and now we are siding with 5 other states, including Michigan............    oh good lord.........   we will be locked down into June...   
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 05:59:24 PM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like hell!  Not this dude, sorry!  And allow the other states that don't have the necessary tools to drag US down?! ..... :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 05:41:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Can those people not speak a simple declarative sentence?   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lotsa tap dancing today del. Ya know I woulda been fine if they'd drawn a line in MN along I-35 & everyone to the east could be part of the group hug pact!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 08:22:17 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)