Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503814 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I dunno.. just Timmy's latest. I'd take it at face value and run with it.   🏃‍♂️

It says Marina Services are open, but then below it it says Launches are closed...and charters. HTF you get the boat in without using launches? I say screw it. I'm gonna do my own interpretation. They don't like it, try to write me a ticket. Never hold up.
found an answer to 1 of my questions in the local paper this morning...…...both public and private campgrounds are still closed.

rumor has it the campground we used to be at was going to open with some rules...…...they've never been good at even following thereown rules!!!! :confused: :tut: maybe i phone call is in order  :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'd like to know what ya do if a great trout stream runs thru a park, like Whitewater state park....can you fish it?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They probably don't know the answer to that either. But I thought the state parks were still open, just not the office or buildings. Luckily we have some camping spots that are not in a campground.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I guess ya can. Went back and re-read my ydays recap post.   :doofus:

Under Executive Order 20-38, facilities that may open or remain open include:

Bait shops for live bait
Outdoor shooting ranges and game farms
Public and private parks and trails

These new provisions will go into effect on Saturday, April 18 at 5:00 a.m., and will have the full force and effect of law upon approval by the executive council.
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 01:21:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I told my wife what the paper said about public and private campgrounds are still to remain closed. I think I'm beginning to rub off on her. :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not long ago her sister posts on Facebook of all places they were at there home away from home, meaning the campground. :confused:

So my wife posts back how can that be per the governor there supposed to remain closed. :tut: made me proud. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I told my wife what the paper said about public and private campgrounds are still to remain closed. I think I'm beginning to rub off on her. :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not long ago her sister posts on Facebook of all places they were at there home away from home, meaning the campground. :confused:

So my wife posts back how can that be per the governor there supposed to remain closed. :tut: made me proud. :happy1:

HELLO!!!!! Did you read two post up?   THEY'RE OPEN..........................
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 01:22:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The article in the paper made it clear ALL public and private CAMPGROUNDS  are still closed.  Different then a park. And I'm just repeating what I read in the paper. Her other sister had a lot in a campground up by mille lacs, she just talked to her and there closed. Sherwood Forest.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:doofus:

It's Timmy's fault!    :angry:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:doofus:

It's Timmy's fault!    :angry:
:rotflmao: I thought it was Trump's!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, we might as well toss him into the mix too!  :rotflmao:    :mooning:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
not long ago her sister posts on Facebook of all places they were at there home away from home, meaning the campground. :confused:

Yep Governor Walz making 1000's of Senior citizens homeless!   :sad:

That would be the spin on it if posted on CNN about Trump.  ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/coronavirus-can-spread-through-farts-21852204

Coronavirus 'could be spreading across the globe through farts' claim doctors
Doctors have made the foul discovery that farting could spread the Covid-19 disease – unless infected people wear pants which can protect this from happening

o
The deadly coronavirus bug could be spreading across the globe through farts, according to doctors.

Tests carried out earlier this year have shown that the virus was present in the faeces of more than half of patients with Covid-19.

And doctors have previously warned farts contain tiny poo particles that can spread bacteria.

They said more research needed to be done to rule out passing the disease on to people through omitting bodily gasses.

TV doctor Xander Van Tulleken, who presented CBBC series Operation Ouch as well as appearing on a string of documentaries, raised the issue on social media.

Doctors say, however, the infected person would have to not be wearing pants for starters (Image: Getty Images)
RELATED ARTICLES

Vet urgently warns 'don't let anyone pat your dog' amid coronavirus link to pets

Researchers spot worrying new coronavirus symptoms emerging among Covid-19 patients
He highlighted work by Australian doctor Andy Tagg which he called “an enjoyable thread about whether farting can cause coronavirus”.

In his findings Dr Tagg cited tests carried out earlier this year which showed 55% of patients with SARS-CoV-2 had it present in their poo.

He said: “Well, SARS-CoV-2 can be detected in faeces and has been detected in an asymptomatic individual up to 17 days post-exposure.”

The doctor added that previous tests have shown farts have the power to spray talcolm powder long distances.

In 2001 Australian doctor Karl Kruszelnicki and microbiologist Luke Tennent carried out an experiment to see if farts could spread disease.

Dr Tennent asked a colleague to pass wind directly into two Petri dishes from a distance of five centimeters - first while wearing pants, and then without.

He found that the first Petri dish stayed clean, while the second one sprouted bacteria overnight, but added the bacteria found in the test was not harmful.

Earlier this year China’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced that pants should be an effective barrier against farts that might carry the novel coronavirus.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
stamp out farts now!!!!  SOF!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now! From Rebco! For only 19.95...get 4 washable BUTT MASKS!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 04:23:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just wondering....since most of us aren't  going to the grocery store as often as we would have, and with a shortage of some things, has this changed yer eating habits at all?
Are you eating different things, trying different methods, etc?
I guess I'm eating more canned things, which I usually don't do....canned fruit, different varieties of beans, (limas, pintos) more rice than I normally would....that's about the only difference for me, since I was really stocked up when this thing hit.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just wondering....since most of us aren't  going to the grocery store as often as we would have, and with a shortage of some things, has this changed yer eating habits at all?
Are you eating different things, trying different methods, etc?
I guess I'm eating more canned things, which I usually don't do....canned fruit, different varieties of beans, (limas, pintos) more rice than I normally would....that's about the only difference for me, since I was really stocked up when this thing hit.
nope. Actually eating more fresh fruit. We do however try to limit the trips to the store. I always try to blanch and freeze most my garden stuff. I not a big fan of canned veggies if I can avoid it. Meat it depends on what we have a hankering for.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Before all this stuff went down I'd made a request for more fresh fruits in particular. I can't say we're eating much differently otherwise but probably on a more regular basis with both of us home. We still rely on a large evening meal being cooked then living off the leftovers for several meals afterwards while filling in with lighter meals in between. Less eating on the fly and more organized meals overall. The result has been more dirty dishes. The dishwasher needs to be run a couple more times per week.  :huh: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We have salads for our lunches everyday at work so we have to go grocery shopping every week. We went once a week before all this started and Wego once a week now. To be honest nothing has changed for us at all. Other than not be able to get the grandkids next weekend, we are doing what we would normally do.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We were eating more salads and fresh fruit when this all started.  I used to go to the grocery store 3 - 4 times a week.  Got to say hi to everyone and pick up fresh fruit and salad stuff.  Now we go once every 2 weeks so not as much fresh fruit and fresh salad stuff.  We too are having more canned veggies but have lots of frozen veggies now.  We have stocked up good on meat so good there.  I have put on 3 or 4 lbs too.  I need to get moving more to wear it off.  I have been sitting on my azz more since this started. 

SO you are saying that I shouldn't be farting in the store so people will get out of my way anymore?
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 08:45:42 AM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have always ate fruits and veggies. its a staple in my lunch bucket. for some reason we are on a fresh pineapple, apple and orange kick lately. when there are grapes in the house, it may make it 3 days.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
in this house we way prefer frozen veggies over canned...…...they seem to taste a lot more like right out of the garden. when I cook them I add very little water and more butter. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Only canned veggies I eat are corn, yams, and beans. Rest is all frozen. Been doing lots of frozen veggies lately...I've even bought the mixed veggies with those....those.....green things in 'em. Experimenting. Mixing frozen young peas with frozen onion bits (couldn't find pearl onions), a dollop of butter, and seasoned salt to make a "sauce" on 'em. Frozen carrots with brown sugar.....melted cheddar on broccoli... and brussel sprouts in butter. Been eating a lot more salads, mater's, peppers, and apples, nanners, peaches......

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Meals really haven't changed here, but with the Mrs and the whipper snapper working from home the 3 weeks or so the garbage and recycling sure have filled the cans fast. My God for empty water bottles,  can't get em to refill otta the tap..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say 90% frozen veggies here, very few canned stuff other than bush beans and such...  no bottled water either..  my tap water tastes very good..    and I try to fresh fruits more too..  and even some greek yogurt... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I eat a lot of yogurt....it's .89 most places, saw it at ALDI.......35 cents!!!! So I bought 4 of 'em...they were great! No difference from the big brands!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I eat a lot of yogurt....it's .89 most places, saw it at ALDI.......35 cents!!!! So I bought 4 of 'em...they were great! No difference from the big brands!  :happy1:

that's where I get mine too Reb...   :happy1: