Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503341 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord! Destroying piglets?! We must save the piggers!!! Buy it all up and eat away!!! We'll start a pigger proclamation! A pig in every pot!!! 🐷

https://www.kaaltv.com/national-news/us-pork-farmers-panic-as-virus-ruins-hopes-for-great-year/5706345/?cat=10151

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have some customers still raising Berkshires for a niche market. May be a bunch of these large finishing barns setting idle in the foreseeable future. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I could get some piglets and pen 'em up on the deck.... :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
use the closed parks!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Say, now there's a good idea!!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man someones gotta find that video and post it here by chris mamm and his my corona version of my sharona!!!!!!!\

its great!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man someones gotta find that video and post it here by chris mamm and his my corona version of my sharona!!!!!!!\

its great!!!!!!!!

so yer asking Reb to help ya!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

its great!!!!!!!!

so yer asking Reb to help ya!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
use the closed parks!!!

Always delbert's yard when he heads to Vermillion... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
use the closed parks!!!

I was thinking more like his living room....a comfy pigger is a happy pigger.  :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do those come with a mask?   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
use the closed parks!!!

That's a great idea.  Maybe 2 or 3 of them so they don't get lonely and try to get out.  Rebs can feed them for US.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What am I supposed to feed 'em? Purina Pigger Chow? Dotch must have a load of something to feed 'em... turnips? Radishes? strawberries? He can drop it off on his way to the liquor implement dealer....
« Last Edit: April 04/21/20, 01:08:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure just dump a load in Dels driveway.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Depends on the virus spread thru the towers.

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/europe-5g-towers-conspiracy-theory-coronavirus/5706509/?cat=10151

I thought the story was that the radiation weakened immune system letting virus attack.   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
use the closed parks!!!

I was thinking more like his living room....a comfy pigger is a happy pigger.  :rotflmao:

I got a 22 pistol and a come along.  And I still remember how to do handle pigs from when I would visit my  uncle.    Would need to pick up a meat saw, and skin instead of scald and scrape.   Might have to ask Reinhardt about how to break them down.   Or find a picture on line.   

Or just do whole hog carolina bbq...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I talked to one of our councilmen last night for awhile.  It seems Koochiching County is opening up their accesses on the river.  Wheelers Point is already open here.  SO the hordes of people will be coming with the virus in 2 weeks.  I wish the Governor would hold off on the opener for 30 days so we can get better prepared all over the state for the influx of covid in all of the resort areas.  I know dollars and cents speak louder than lives at times.  So sad.  Bemidji is the designated Covid hospital for this area.  Hospitals like Baudette, Roseau will be non-covid hospitals.  SO people with non-covid issues will be brought up here and the covid cases will be brought to Bemidji if there is space for them.  There are no ventilators here.  The ice rinks here will be the designated covid holding areas here.  There is spaces for dead people to be stored also.  I wonder if the ice making equipment will be used to preserve bodies in the cold there?  I guess Grand Forks ambulances are already overwhelmed so a Baudette Ambulance even had to go there and pick up someone and bring them to Mayo.  Don't know if it was a covid patient but I don't think so.  Obviously common sense is not going to help us anymore cuz every fisherman that comes up here will show us they have none!  Some people just don't care about others as long as they can do what they want to do.  Again so sad!    SO now Stay in Place will be extremely important now with the influx of infection we will now encounter.  We will stock up on food and essentials even more seriously now.  Things will get real serious now!  I hope they really cherish the money they will make due to these decisions!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I am thinking that fall is what we all better be bracing ourselves for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the longer this goes, the more ya hear and read the more I get confused. only thing I get out of it is we were never prepared for something of this level, partially because every time ya turn around you keep hearing about cutting budgets yet the cost of things nor does the taxes they take go down. and the fact that the government is so corrupt and ya cant tell if there lying or hiding the truth sucks.

I read something somewhere where it showed a chart of every 100 years something like this springs up. where does this end...…..there is a lot of businesses and lives affected by this. how does this rate with anything else that's come along?? HIV, flu, H1N1, why this and shut everything down.

when this came about the stay in place was to buy time for the hospitals, get testing equipment, how friggin long can that take. its not going away...…………………….

I get more confused every day>>>>>>>>> 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, that is the problem with government and suspension of civil liberties.

Once you start exerting control, it is hard to let go of it. 

Yes, the plan was to flatten the curve, build the capacity to treat, and deal with it as it comes.  Problem is no one wants to be responsible for opening the flood gates.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with Glenn and Steve-o. Kind of a bit of doom and gloom there Barry. One thing with the open water fishing we don't get nearly as many people coming up here like we do in the winter with the wheel houses. I think they have had there time to get things ready and flatten the curve. Time for life to move along again. Are there risks? Of course there are risks. There are risks just being alive and going about normal life.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'zactly JB. Getting out of bed exposes you to risk. I agree with roony that the issue may come back to haunt in the later fall when more people are back inside more. I think it'll be manageable though if we use our heads a little. Testing will be critical and Iowa has already launched their program in an organized fashion. The data are indicating it's been the biggest problem in population centers as well as crowded workplaces, large gatherings and care center environments. The high numbers are situational. We're not seeing it just randomly explode out of thin air and the numbers bear that out. Waseca Co. has had just 3 cases total and Steele has been stuck on 9 cases for several weeks. If we focus our efforts rather than repeat the one size fits all approach it should be doable. I can see a lot of the winter meetings I've attended over the years could easily be done via online video hookup. I've always wondered why they didn't do that long ago. I've been coughed on enough at those damn things. That way I could even have a G&T while I was at it!  :happy1:   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
There are so many different ways to look at this pandemic. On a personal level, the biggest hardships for me have been not being able to visit my mom at the care center (not even through the window any more as of  last Friday), and not being able to see my kids and grandkids. We make these sacrifices to save people's lives, mostly the elderly.I koow these seniors have made great sacrifices in their lives for our benefit and most of them would do anything for us, so I bare it for their sake.
I am no expert on pandemics and hate being told what to do more than most but in this case I tend to listen to those who know more than I. Hopefully when the next big wave comes we will be more prepared.
The sad truth is that we will be paying for this pandemic for years. Our way of life has changed, all that money the federal, state, and local governments are handing out will have to be paid back. I think this will be the end of a lot of small businesses and family farms.
We will survive though and maybe we will learn what things are most important.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Problem is... everyone keeps ignoring the elephant in the room.

No one has told me anything to make me believe that we ALL aren't going to get this at some point.

Development, testing, and production of an effective vaccine is how many months away?  12 to 18 minimum!

This spreads like wildfire.  Stay at home is not sustainable.  Business closed is not sustainable.  Even social distancing is not sustainable in the economy if gatherings are restricted to fewer than 10 people:  shopping malls, sporting events, summer festivals, churches!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am usually an optimistic and happy person but this is finally getting me down and worried.  When I have talked to my Councilman and a local First Responder they both said we are all going to have to Fight the Tiger eventually. BUT I think the longer we can escape or hide from it the better the treatments and vaccinations will be.  Everyday they are coming up with new stuff to help in some way it seems.  I am in pretty good shape but did have a minor heart thing about 18 years ago and I will be 66 in July.  Hard to believe.  Sometimes I still think I am 40 until I look in the mirror when I brush my teeth. LLL I am hanging in there.  Also even though I like being home I haven't had much socializing lately and that may be taking a toll too.  I am a hand shaker and a hugger and I think those days may be over forever.  I guess just have to adapt to the new normal.  Living here which I love has kept us away from this but now when it gets here and invades our world being here may be a big liability.  That is why this fishing thing bothers me.  That is what is going to expose my peaceful existence to something else.  It was going to get here eventually but why invite it in droves?  Only my opinion and this is what I am feeling now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't going to watch Timmy today but the noon news on #4 said there expecting a big announcement regarding testing, soooo i'll tune in. after all they have been saying testing or the ability to test is a key factor.

I had to go to a shop today to drop off relevant info regarding this COVID thing...…..I got tested via taking my temp..... they said I was still alive. :happy1: :happy1: I also filed out a form that asked if I had been out of the country or visited any of the hotspots. I also signed the document saying if I came down with the symptoms within the next 14 days I would notify the employer.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I am usually an optimistic and happy person but this is finally getting me down and worried.  When I have talked to my Councilman and a local First Responder they both said we are all going to have to Fight the Tiger eventually. BUT I think the longer we can escape or hide from it the better the treatments and vaccinations will be.  Everyday they are coming up with new stuff to help in some way it seems.  I am in pretty good shape but did have a minor heart thing about 18 years ago and I will be 66 in July.  Hard to believe.  Sometimes I still think I am 40 until I look in the mirror when I brush my teeth. LLL I am hanging in there.  Also even though I like being home I haven't had much socializing lately and that may be taking a toll too.  I am a hand shaker and a hugger and I think those days may be over forever.  I guess just have to adapt to the new normal.  Living here which I love has kept us away from this but now when it gets here and invades our world being here may be a big liability.  That is why this fishing thing bothers me.  That is what is going to expose my peaceful existence to something else.  It was going to get here eventually but why invite it in droves?  Only my opinion and this is what I am feeling now.

I reckon most of us are in the same boat.

The ONE thing that extending stay-at-home does is provide more time to develop effective treatment for the worst cases.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!