Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503436 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm 71 and I'm as carefull as can be.  But I will go fishing.  This thing will not stop me.  I hope  people will get out more.  Walk in the park, walk in the woods,  Hike the trails, just get out.  You are no threat to anyone unless you get irresponsible.  Keep your distance from others.  Wait till someone gets their boat out and then your next.  Take wipes along.  Fill the tank and wipe your hands afterwords.  Your protected and so is the next person to use the same pump.  I even wipe the pump before I fill.  No worker in our store has gotten this virus.  They wear plastic gloves and some wear masks.  This is why I think some workers can go back to work in a gradual safe way.  Have workers tested daily and have them wear masks when needed.  This country has to get back to work or this country will be in a depression.  Then what??  There are states that have very little problem with this.  No reason they have to have any shutdown.  People in those states are doing the same thing all the states are doing by using common sense.  I hear the bars and resturants are opening up again May 4th.  Lake and Cook country do not have any cases of this that I know about.  Look how many needed workers are working.  They are carefull and still getting paychecks.  Hospitals are empty and elective surgeries are not taking place.  Dental offices are closed.  Why?  Have the patients temps taken when they come in and have the dentist wear a mask and protect himself and the staff and only allow so many patients in the place so they can wait safely.  Why can't this be done??  So this thing is scary for sure, but Where I go fishing I don't have to be afraid of jamed boat landings.  My goal is not to harm anyone and the other goal is to still have a life.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a small part of my freedom back!!!  Just the Harley home, went  for a short shake down ride, 25 to 30 miles, and it felt great!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Waltz is opening up Resorts so they can opperate as normal this year.  Nice to see that.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I talked to one of our councilmen last night for awhile.  It seems Koochiching County is opening up their accesses on the river.  Wheelers Point is already open here.  SO the hordes of people will be coming with the virus in 2 weeks.  I wish the Governor would hold off on the opener for 30 days so we can get better prepared all over the state for the influx of covid in all of the resort areas.  I know dollars and cents speak louder than lives at times.  So sad.  Bemidji is the designated Covid hospital for this area.  Hospitals like Baudette, Roseau will be non-covid hospitals.  SO people with non-covid issues will be brought up here and the covid cases will be brought to Bemidji if there is space for them.  There are no ventilators here.  The ice rinks here will be the designated covid holding areas here.  There is spaces for dead people to be stored also.  I wonder if the ice making equipment will be used to preserve bodies in the cold there?  I guess Grand Forks ambulances are already overwhelmed so a Baudette Ambulance even had to go there and pick up someone and bring them to Mayo.  Don't know if it was a covid patient but I don't think so.  Obviously common sense is not going to help us anymore cuz every fisherman that comes up here will show us they have none!  Some people just don't care about others as long as they can do what they want to do.  Again so sad!    SO now Stay in Place will be extremely important now with the influx of infection we will now encounter.  We will stock up on food and essentials even more seriously now.  Things will get real serious now!  I hope they really cherish the money they will make due to these decisions!

As of today there are about 1400 people who have tested positive and not yet recovered to where they aren't contagious.   

About 250 of those are hospitalized.    of all the cases, 31% are over 65. 

So, maybe a thousand people in the whole state are currently infected.   Out of 5.3 million.   So, assuming randomness and all that, the chance of an infected dude not showing up  among a couple hundred guys at a boat launch is (1-1000/5.3million)**200.  or 96% if I did the math right. 

So, don't be freaking out.   Oh and if you are a heathy person under 65 the chances of dying from this, if you catch it, is like 1 out of 200 or maybe a lot less.   Now it looks like, in my opinion, that most people will get it sooner or later.    So, you pays your money and you takes your chances...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure see lots of recklessness out n about tho, some keep their distance and some don't. At work the younger guys don't even give it a thought,  walk right up to you, the older guys all stay back. I try not to follow anyone walking, or criss-cross paths but ya lps its a good thing to over think this virus,  just keep from touching anything you can. I carry gloves in the truck for any purpose,  use my boot to open doors going out you name it. The groceries is my concern,  we'll wipe stuff down at home you just never know how many hands have touched this stuff..

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Leave it sit for a day.. much less work.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I don't know about you guys but I thought today's briefing was pry darn good. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They only have part of it on here.  You know now I have Fargo for my local.  Sucks.  I would like to see the whole thing.  He is a good and informed speaker. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This one went almost an hour and a half. He had some brass from mayo and the U of M, along with olsterholm. He can be doof at times but is really smart.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a small part of my freedom back!!!  Just the Harley home, went  for a short shake down ride, 25 to 30 miles, and it felt great!!!
well the oil market should come back now with all the leaky Harley's back on the road. :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Gunner said so. :sleazy: :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   The last thing I need is a Harley but when he talks about hugging his it makes me think about how cool that would be.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This one went almost an hour and a half. He had some brass from mayo and the U of M, along with olsterholm. He can be doof at times but is really smart.

I wonder if there is a site where I could stream it live? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch:not sure.i aint to smart onthat streaming stuff!!! :confused: :banghead: :banghead:

not sure if  you could google one of the twin city stations, if they'd have it. abc minnesote or cbs Minnesota?????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will research it.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
You might be able to stream it on bringmethenews.com. I think these press conferences have been at 2:00.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks I will try that tomorrow. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

I just go to KSTP out of the cities and stream it there Barry.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I just go to KSTP out of the cities and stream it there Barry.
yea that is the ABC channel here in the south part of the state. channel 5 down here. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good ideas.  Thanks gentlemen. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

So, don't be freaking out.   Oh and if you are a heathy person under 65 the chances of dying from this, if you catch it, is like 1 out of 200 or maybe a lot less.   Now it looks like, in my opinion, that most people will get it sooner or later. So, you pays your money and you takes your chances...

I agree del. Of course out here in the wide open spaces, it's a different planet. The sky is not falling. It's pitter patter, let's get at 'er time. Does that mean be reckless and stupid? Nope. I'm not ridin' around in tractor cabs visiting with farmers like I normally do this time of year. We're still checking corn planting depth and scouting alfalfa for winter survival like we always have but we're relaying the info via text & including photos whenever possible. Or phoning them the info. Distancing when we do talk to the farmer in person even if we're out in the open. It's just an automatic.

I see Steele Co. added another case for a total of 10 as of yesterday. Waseca remained at 3. There have been no deaths recorded in either county from COVID-19. Be smart. Be safe.

« Last Edit: April 04/23/20, 10:38:36 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok a buddy of mine called me up laughing last night and said he is going to talk me off the ledge.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Glad he called, good to talk to him.  He has huge lung problems so I am hoping he is being safe.  I think he is. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

So, don't be freaking out.   Oh and if you are a heathy person under 65 the chances of dying from this, if you catch it, is like 1 out of 200 or maybe a lot less.   Now it looks like, in my opinion, that most people will get it sooner or later. So, you pays your money and you takes your chances...

I agree del. Of course out here in the wide open spaces, it's a different planet. The sky is not falling. It's pitter patter, let's get at 'er time. Does that mean be reckless and stupid? Nope. I'm not ridin' around in tractor cabs visiting with farmers like I normally do this time of year. We're still checking  corn planting depth and scouting alfalfa for winter survival like we always have but we're relaying the info via text & including photos whenever possible. Or phoning them the info. Distancing when we do talk to the farmer in person even if we're out in the open. It's just an automatic.

I see Steele Co. added another case for a total of 10 as of yesterday. Waseca remained at 3. There have been no deaths recorded in either county from COVID-19. Be smart. Be safe.
well, just maybe iffin ya'd let Mrs Cheviot at you with that sheep shears...….those farmers would LET you get closer!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
All part of my "plan"... :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Once they get cranking with the 15k antibody tests per day we will see who has already had it.  And how many there are.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like office people may be going back to work Monday with alit of other businesses provided they submit a protocol. I can't just yet, my wife is close to a breakdown with me being home. I need to finish the job. :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: She's held up better than I thought she would. ;) :rolleyes:  ;D ;D  Any need for you :evil: to hide your knife collection? :scratch:  :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 04/23/20, 05:25:28 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: She's held up better than I thought she would. ;) :rolleyes:  ;D ;D  Any need for you :evil: need to hide your knife collection? :scratch:  :laugh: :laugh:
been thinking about it. :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, right. We know she's had your number since day 1!  :embarrassed:  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman