Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503282 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-plans-to-order-meat-processing-plants-to-stay-open-during-coronavirus/ar-BB13kBRq?li=BBnb7Kz

here's an interesting one I just read..
If minnesota can indeed do 20k tests per day as claimed (yesterday they did 2.4k) then workers could be tested and if negative go to work.   Temperature screening as a add on might also help.

I remember hearing we have a goal of
20K, I don't remember hearing we have that capability now. I wish all health care workers and all first responders could be screened, then workers in the critical supply chain. Like me. It ain't happening anytime soon, if ever. We get temp screened every day before work, workers are sent home if their temp exceeds 100.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
They have said all along there only going to test people with symptoms, not everyone will be tested. The temp test is simply to prevent sick people from possible spread.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
President Trump ordered processing plants to remain open.  The plants will be provided all the safety equipment required and guidelines.  That is good news for the American people.  good luck.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
However you can spread covid 19 and show no symptoms.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
President Trump ordered processing plants to remain open.  The plants will be provided all the safety equipment required and guidelines.  That is good news for the American people.  good luck.
I saw that and I think its necessary. Does this mean they will open the plants like Smithfield that have said they were closed indefinitely?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
However you can spread covid 19 and show no symptoms.
you are correct sir!!👍

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is your answer??  He is taking care with providing equipment to be safe and feed our country.  If Obama said the same thing some of you would praise him.  The states are opening up.  Why don't you have the same outrage to the other states?  It's all about trump and that's it.  Remember the comment that Trump is a decpicable person?  Just can't do anything right.  He could cure cancer but there would be something about the cure that would be not right.  State's are taking charge, not Trump.  Why not go after them??  They are doing just fine now.  So you just want to stop our food supply??  Just ask our farmers.  No wonder Reb has left this site.  glen it's not all about you.  Why is Reb no longer on here??  Look at yourself.  I'm out of here also.  Seems like the administrators dont see this as well.  Biggest reason was Glenn as i know it.  Lot of good guy's here just like the "other site".  But I no longer will post here.  I'm done.  good luck.  Yes Reb messaged me about his opinion about this as well.  I agree with him.
« Last Edit: April 04/28/20, 07:26:30 PM by Reinhard »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't disagree with those plants being open.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow. What brought that rage on. It would be s pretty boring world if no one could have their own opinions.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We all choose to read things differently.  And we choose where to get our information.  SO we are going to have different opinions differing by who we listen to.  AND that is ok. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As it should be. I've always felt we ought to be able to disagree without getting disagreeable about it.

Back on coronavirus, been eavesdropping on several conversations the wife has been having tonite with individuals from all over the country regarding various major livestock shows, including the MN State Fair. In addition she thinks I'm some kind of IT guy and has me printing off stuff for an online meeting where they'll decide the fate of one of them tomorrow. As far as MN State Fair, personal opinion here, it's looking grim. A lot of the earlier county fairs are already toast. Hope I'm wrong but don't bet on it. 

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is your answer??  He is taking care with providing equipment to be safe and feed our country.  If Obama said the same thing some of you would praise him.  The states are opening up.  Why don't you have the same outrage to the other states?  It's all about trump and that's it.  Remember the comment that Trump is a decpicable person?  Just can't do anything right.  He could cure cancer but there would be something about the cure that would be not right.  State's are taking charge, not Trump.  Why not go after them??  They are doing just fine now.  So you just want to stop our food supply??  Just ask our farmers.  No wonder Reb has left this site.  glen it's not all about you.  Why is Reb no longer on here??  Look at yourself.  I'm out of here also.  Seems like the administrators dont see this as well.  Biggest reason was Glenn as i know it.  Lot of good guy's here just like the "other site".  But I no longer will post here.  I'm done.  good luck.  Yes Reb messaged me about his opinion about this as well.  I agree with him.

Wow
Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. Some stink and some smell like roses. You might think someone’s opinion stinks but at the same time somewhere out there someone thinks yours reeks even worse. Never let your panties get twisted over others opinions, it’s not with it. There’s bigger crap going on in this world to get mad over someone’s beliefs, view, feelings OPINIONS  or ball busting. Buckle up buttercups, things are going to get worse before they get any better.
« Last Edit: April 04/28/20, 10:32:37 PM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, come on Rebs and Reiny. I get irritated too with some of their comments, but I can disagree with them and still keep coming back here. Still lots of other fun things going on here. Even when we do get side tracked by politics it is still nothing like sillytown is. Besides Rebs and Reiny eventually the others will learn that we are right and they are wrong.  ;) :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's sad, but I think some one planted bad thoughts in Rh's head to help their case...  we could agree to disagree, but noooo............
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Glenn and I both agreed that Trump did the right thing to keep the packing plants going so it is clear that Rh was looking for some chance to unload. I don't know what went on behind the scen6 and don't need to. Don't need the drama.
 I consider you all my friends even though some of you are kind of
Effed up!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy: :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, come on Rebs and Reiny. I get irritated too with some of their comments, but I can disagree with them and still keep coming back here. Still lots of other fun things going on here. Even when we do get side tracked by politics it is still nothing like sillytown is. Besides Rebs and Reiny eventually the others will learn that we are right and they are wrong.  ;) :rotflmao:
geez JB, I figured you'd eventually come around!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i made it pretty clear i never liked trump way before he became the prez because of his business practices, but i do like some of the things he does just to poke the bear and not politics as usual. and him iritating the hell out of the establishment. :happy1: AND the fact he isnt a career politician.

i feel kinda bad they wanna leave because of me though. :pouty: i never intended anything, like others have said everyone's got an opinion, just stating mine!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  Yes we are all characters and none of us know everything even when we think we do.  But friends are like that.  We are here to have fun and to talk to each other. 

SO something that hasn't been mentioned but will soon be addressed is the Annual Take a Kid Fishing event.  Last year was my 10th year and I got a nice jacket that I am very proud to wear.  It is in the middle of June so I am thinking it will be canceled.  We have a great committee and group of volunteers and have over 100 kids every year.  Lot's of kids have their friends and cousins from elsewhere come to attend it.  It is a blast.  The VFW here and Sportsman's Lodge open up their facilities to make it happen.  My original partner Jerry died a few years ago so now Tim is my partner and we don't worry about getting along with the kids anymore.  We just go with the flow and have a good time.  We usually catch fish too as long as the weather cooperates.  Gonna miss it too!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know if I wrote this before, but I think things are being handled about as well as possible, with any errors on the side of caution, considering we basically knew nothing about this virus, how to treat it, how likely it was to kill people, or how contagious it is.     

At this time, it looks like most people will get it before a vaccine becomes available, and those who die will mostly be us old farts.  So we need to take extra care to try to avoid it until it goes mostly away naturally or a vaccine comes along.   So people mostly will gradually come out of their holes and some will continue to get sick and then recover.   

All the rest of the rest is just noise and fury signifying nothing.    Or it's politics which is the same.

It will be interesting to see the results of the antibody testing here in Minnesota.   And how they are going to handle doing ten times as many tests as they are now.     

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Saw this hanging at the home my mother was in before she passed away.

It's kind of funny and good advise that as we all get old, sometimes threads like this aren't worth the Oxygen wasted to make them!  :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Glenn and I both agreed that Trump did the right thing to keep the packing plants going so it is clear that Rh was looking for some chance to unload. I don't know what went on behind the scen6 and don't need to. Don't need the drama.
man, I told that every day!!!!!!! :confused: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: same here, i consider all you friends and regardless of opinions would sit down with anyone of you and have a beer or case!!!! :toast: :drinking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
man, I told that every day!!!!!!! :confused: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: same here, i consider all you friends and regardless of opinions would sit down with anyone of you and have a beer or case!!!! :toast: :drinking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Absolutely!  Me too.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Glenn cant fish.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn cant fish.
And he never will. But I would still drink a beer or 2 with him.  :toast:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
right on, hes like that big brother that will never amount to anything but hes kinda fun to have around as a punchinbag and a beerbitch.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
right on, hes like that big brother that will never amount to anything but hes kinda fun to have around as a punchinbag and a beerbitch.
yea well you aint no fun day at the beach either ya hemmroid!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn cant fish.
Ya, I came to that conclusion after Glenn got skunked for 3 Saturday’s in a row this winter, but hey, not everyone can be a true sportsman. But Glenn’s a good guy, I’d have a beer with him. Even an Old Milwaukee light.
« Last Edit: April 04/29/20, 09:55:00 AM by Cooperman »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: man you guys are brutal. and have selective memory lapses. :doah:

who's the one that kicked butt at the G-T-G ?????????? :scratch: :scratch: yea ME!!!!!!!!! :taz: :taz: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Awwww...group hug everyone!  :rotflmao: Oops! I forgot. Social distancing.  :tut:

Seriously, I'd be more than happy to have an adult beverage with any of you. Maybe even a Boodles G&T if I'm in a good mood, and if I have Boodles I'm in a good mood.  :happy1:

After some good fortune having some naturally born fall lambs and then having enough born January thru March to fill out a full show string for the first time in years, there probably won't be any shows where they can be exhibited. For my own selfish reasons I sincerely hope they can keep these packing plants going. I'm not looking forward to baling, buying, hauling, unloading and stacking enough hay to keep  80 or 90 of these critters alive!  :angry:
« Last Edit: April 04/29/20, 04:54:10 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)