Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503830 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
songlenn gose to Guy Turns Girl.events. figires.nonwonder hes pushes peoplenaway, that timenof the month!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
songlenn gose to Guy Turns Girl.events. figires.nonwonder hes pushes peoplenaway, that timenof the month!!
:crazy: :confused: :scratch: looks like you got a serious case of da corona. :pouty: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar you sure do have a way with words.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar you sure do have a way with words.
yea its call boaraneze!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 That last one was a challenge.  I actually think I smile a little after I figure some of them out. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone hear or listen to JB's pal Walz had to say  :scratch: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

I was preoccupied and couldn't listen. :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:. Seems harder to find them to listen too. I have not heard one for awhile.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I just went and check Kare 11 web and the headline is the idiot has extended the stay at home order until May 18th. #@$% idiot!! :crazy: :angry2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:. Seems harder to find them to listen too. I have not heard one for awhile.
:rotflmao: I figured you'd like that one. :nerd:

I heard rumors that bars and food places will be opening up with limited capacity and spacing. not sure of anything else.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just went and check Kare 11 web and the headline is the idiot has extended the stay at home order until May 18th. #@$% idiot!! :crazy: :angry2:
yea I agree.....dimwit!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :angry2: :pouty: :pouty:

some small businesses filed a lawsuit.....see where that goes. I seen where the Michigan govnenor won the lawsuit brought against her, so I think that's a telltale sign of other potential lawsuits.
« Last Edit: April 04/30/20, 03:53:43 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I just went and check Kare 11 web and the headline is the idiot has extended the stay at home order until May 18th. #@$% idiot!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Mama p****** that no salon stuff....  No haircuts etc.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I really thought he was going to say until the 25th of May...  so it will be interesting where this goes for us...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a whole lot those businesses can do, but I'd bet people are going to say screw that.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a whole lot those businesses can do, but I'd bet people are going to say screw that.

and the people!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

and the people!!
I've already seen blatant disregard for the stay at home and social distancing. And I expect it to get worse. I'd bet a pile a money all these people out for walks aren't from the same household, nor are they 6 ft apart.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bugtussle's own Farm & City Days celebration scheduled for July 10 - 12 is toast. Can't say as I've noticed a lot of blatant disregard for stay at home & social distancing around the local area. Go to Albert's Leaf, Mankato or Owatonna & the big box store parking lots are full. Aside from the local Bugtussle restaurants, most of our businesses are considered essential. Now, where do you suppose your odds of picking up the bug are greater, in a store like that or some little restaurants or stores in Bugtussle or downtown boutique in Albert's Leaf? Some of these places are lucky if they see 20 people a day. This is what's becoming particularly frustrating to those of us who don't live in a metropolitan or more densely populated area. I go to the office, do my necessary paperwork, go to the post office, occasionally to the bank or grocery store and that's about it. I may make a trip to FF over the weekend if I need a lawnmower battery but otherwise aside from going out to eat once in a great while, nothing has really changed.     
« Last Edit: April 04/30/20, 08:57:59 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the things that POs me the most is the whole elective surgery thing including cancer, heart surgeries or anything that is life threatening being shut down. I'm sorry but stuff like that, there is no reason that they can't be done. The hospitals are not over run and I think the hospitals have the ability to decide for themselves. The one size fits all does not work. Man this makes me  :angry2: :angry2:! As Far as lawsuits go. I think the further they take up the courts, the more the constitution is on their side. Just depends on how far they are willing to push it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they must be doing some surgery, the NL who has some health issues had a surgery just the other day.. not sure where at but it didn't do what it was supposed to do so more surgery in her future I guess...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the things that POs me the most is the whole elective surgery thing including cancer, heart surgeries or anything that is life threatening being shut down. I'm sorry but stuff like that, there is no reason that they can't be done. The hospitals are not over run and I think the hospitals have the ability to decide for themselves. The one size fits all does not work. Man this makes me  :angry2: :angry2:! As Far as lawsuits go. I think the further they take up the courts, the more the constitution is on their side. Just depends on how far they are willing to push it.

Mayo is ramping up the "elective" surgery here.   I don't know how much other surgery that they were doing before.   And they are starting to see patients in person as well.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I could see things opening up some more too.  Especially Campgrounds.....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
GR is starting to look more normal for this time of year the last couple of times in there. Still not a lot of boats in town or on 2 & 46 yet though. The # of out of state plates is still on the low side too. A little more activity around the bay yday & I expect that to continue even more this weekend & next.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
they must be doing some surgery, the NL who has some health issues had a surgery just the other day.. not sure where at but it didn't do what it was supposed to do so more surgery in her future I guess...
hope it all works out in the end for her!!!!! :happy1:

there's a lot of things with this that's beginning to  :confused: :angry2: me!!!!!!! I mean how much time do they need to get the things they said they need. my daughter works at the st cloud hospital...……..she's not getting all the hours she gets scheduled for, gets floated around and empty beds.

this virus isn't going to go away. protect the vulnerable. let places open up, if customers are not comfortable going into these places there plain not going in. and requiring people to wear masks is  :bs: :bs: in my opinion, and i wore masks  for 28 years while working when i needed too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
More people in GR wearin 'em again yday than anywhere else I've seen. :scratch: Not just the older ones either. Thinkin a good share of 'em must be worried about it being brought up here to them.  :rolleyes: But yet they're not so worried that they're willin to stay home. :crazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
hope it all works out in the end for her!!!!! :happy1:

there's a lot of things with this that's beginning to  :confused: :angry2: me!!!!!!! I mean how much time do they need to get the things they said they need. my daughter works at the st cloud hospital...……..she's not getting all the hours she gets scheduled for, gets floated around and empty beds.

this virus isn't going to go away. protect the vulnerable. let places open up, if customers are not comfortable going into these places there plain not going in. and requiring people to wear masks is  :bs: :bs: in my opinion, and i wore masks  for 28 years while working when i needed too.

Just  :crazy: That we are agreeing like this Glenn. But I couldn't agree more with what you said!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Look on the bright side: At least your cat or dog can now get a haircut along with still being able to vote!  ;) And, I can still go to a big box store, try on a bunch of shoes with my stinky feet and put them back in the boxes. Yet, when it comes to allowing little Plymouth Shoe Store in Albert Lea to open back up, where they fit babies and people who need orthopedic shoes, no way Jose! No shoes for you! Come back two weeks! The mask thing is a bit of a puzzler too. Even Osterholm is lukewarm at best on wearing masks. I've seen some yarn masks people have made that wouldn't stop anything. And I have some dust masks just like what I've seen some people wearing. They didn't keep hay & grain dust out of my lungs so sincerely doubt they'll protect anyone from anything.  :confused: Gotta love MN, the state where absolutely nothing is allowed. :happy1:

« Last Edit: May 05/01/20, 11:51:45 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
with my job, I've had to keep up, pay attention and follow this more then I care to, but with close to 450 members in the shops I have no choice. I found out yesterday that the sioux falls shop has its 2nd case of the covid. :confused:

I have followed and read piles on piles of information on this, and in my mind a lot of pieces are not beginning to fitting together on this.  just my opinion though. I totally understand this covid crap may spread a lot easier then some things but good gawd, like the other pandemics, this is getting overblown. again just my opinion.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Look on the bright side: At least your cat or dog can now get a haircut along with still being able to vote!  ;) And, I can still go to a big box store, try on a bunch of shoes with my stinky feet and put them back in the boxes. Yet, when it comes to allowing little Plymouth Shoe Store in Albert Lea to open back up, where they fit babies and people who need orthopedic shoes, no way Jose! No shoes for you! Come back two weeks! The mask thing too is a bit of a puzzler too. Even Osterholm is lukewarm at best on wearing masks. I've seen some yarn masks people have made that wouldn't stop anything. And I have some dust masks just like what I've seen some people wearing. They didn't keep grain dust out of my lungs so sincerely doubt they'll protect anyone from anything.  :confused: Gotta love MN, the state where absolutely nothing is allowed. :happy1:
EXACTLY my point, you got the big wallyworlds types that can remain open and sell shoes and clothes and other things but the small stores that have certain products cant open..... that's just plain effed up!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :doah:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
More people in GR wearin 'em again yday than anywhere else I've seen. :scratch: Not just the older ones either. Thinkin a good share of 'em must be worried about it being brought up here to them.  :rolleyes: But yet they're not so worried that they're willin to stay home. :crazy:

Costco announced that starting Monday you won’t be allowed in the store without a 😷

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the lead stories on the CBS Evening News tonight said that the U of M has just come out & said the current virus situation could last 2 more years or until 60-70%  of the country has immunity to it. :crazy: :pouty: I sure hope they don't know what they're talking about. :scratch: :doah: