Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503432 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too much work!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read in the local paper all of the butcher shops around here, Alex, are going wide open and you can't get an animal in for months they're that far booked out. Lucky for me I have a half a hog getting done right now, but it was scheduled to be there six months ago. If I had more freezer space I'd love to get another porker and cut it up myself.  :happy1:
mm

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Too much work!

It would be a lot of big Gold Stars for Hunters, if the Tree huggers and granola folks saw them feeding the poor!   :clap: :Clap: :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/08/20, 09:15:55 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad truth is the government wouldn't allow it because it's not inspected. I will never forget all the venison that was removed from the food shelf because some anti in North Dakota found a piece of lead in a package of meat.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw a "religious group" in Alexandria SD is selling hogs.  Skinned gutted and halved or quartered.  $75 a half.  You need to cut it up.  I would take one if they were closer.  Looks like it is about 50 miles west of Sioux Falls.
« Last Edit: May 05/08/20, 10:10:28 AM by LPS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heard someone did do a couple hundred hogs with a group effort at Kerkhoven. Trouble was they shot & butchered them in the street, ran the blood & other fluids into the storm sewer and there was no refrigeration. Rumor had it the sheriff's dept. wasn't amused with them discharging firearms in town. They get excited here in town too when there's the odd escapee from the locker plant they have to subdue. Happens.

Locker plant here is booked into January already last I knew. Telling my lamb customers to get their orders in so we can book them or they'll wind up with mutton. Have been hearing new freezers are also in tight supply. Locker plant owner was saying people were telling him they're backordered until July.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard someone did do a couple hundred hogs with a group effort at Kerkhoven. Trouble was they shot & butchered them in the street, ran the blood & other fluids into the storm sewer and there was no refrigeration. Rumor had it the sheriff's dept. wasn't amused with them discharging firearms in town. They get excited here in town too when there's the odd escapee from the locker plant they have to subdue. Happens.

Locker plant here is booked into January already last I knew. Telling my lamb customers to get their orders in so we can book them or they'll wind up with mutton. Have been hearing new freezers are also in tight supply. Locker plant owner was saying people were telling him they're backordered until July.

Sounds like a fun town!   :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Your Friendly COVID-19 Tracker Is Here!

:sick:

:popcorn: Here......
https://www.bing.com/covid/local/minnesota_unitedstates?form=msntrk
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I just look at the mn dept of Health status.  Updated every day at 11am.
https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
iffin i get da corona i'm suing holiday gas stations. had to get gas on an errand run, one of the few times i even think of using hand sanitizer.......and there's not a drop to be had at the pumps!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :rolleyes: :surrender: :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's like Menards. They'll sell you some inisde.  ;)  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
iffin i get da corona i'm suing holiday gas stations. had to get gas on an errand run, one of the few times i even think of using hand sanitizer.......and there's not a drop to be had at the pumps!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :rolleyes: :surrender: :surrender:
That'll learn ya fer not wearing gloves at the pump. Funny tho,  we head outta town last weekend trying to keep our stops at a minimum but the two places we had to hit neither had plexiglass up and no one were wearing masks. Come back to town and its a different story..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's like Menards. They'll sell you some inisde.  ;)  :rotflmao:
:confused: :tut: :tut: :tut: dont get me started bucko  :tut: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the meat processor in glenn's neighborhood was the lead story for WCCO tonight.  :rolleyes: Wonder :scratch: how many different translators are needed at that plant so they know what safety measures need to be followed. If it's anything like the 1 shut down in Iowa there was like a dozen different languages spoken in the workplace but the bulletin on the new safety protocols was only put out on english.  :bonk: :bs: :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
As it should be... :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha, I seen that commotion when I drove by. Figured it was a protest of some sort.  Shoulda fix some union organizing. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
As it should be... :bonk:
So all the meat processors have to stay shut down because nobody understands what needs to be done to re-open? :scratch: :rolleyes: I have to believe that the workforce at that plant is just like the rest of 'em in this country & 80-90 % of it looks nothing like any of us here.
« Last Edit: May 05/12/20, 07:17:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to believe but the Smithfield plant in Sioux Falls has 40 different languages spoken in their plant and I think English is the only language they used on their signs too. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
And here i thought some those people would melt if they touched pork... I was way off.  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
SEEN on the news last nite Wisconsin is allowing small shops to open up!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
SEEN on the news last nite Wisconsin is allowing small shops to open up!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Good.  I get it that bars, restaurants, ballparks and concerts are problem spots for infections contagious disease.  But to the extent that people still need to buy stuff, it never made logical sense to close em down. 

Close down the small shops so everyone could congregate at the large ones?  :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The CS plant is poultry, isn't it?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep............chicken......its pilgrims now, used to be gold-n-plump!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well next Monday at least 6 bars are opening in Stearns Cty.. all the Shady's (6) there alone...  could be interesting.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well next Monday at least 6 bars are opening in Stearns Cty.. all the Shady's (6) there alone...  could be interesting....
:rotflmao: Yea go figure they'd be Stearns county bars. :rotflmao: but I heard that a bar down by Alba??? Never closed when this started.

I'm  still cautious about this and I do what I can within reason to help resist tfge possible spread, but I'm beginning to be more of a herd immunity believer.

I also seen in the paper today, that cold springs fire departments big FIREFEST windig was cancelled for this year. More like a Gleuk brewing company thing anyway. :doofus: :thumbs:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya.... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yep............chicken......its pilgrims now, used to be gold-n-plump!!!!!!!!!
Checked into it a bit, they're owned by JBS. The largest beef & pork processor in the country.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and who owns JBS??  a company out of Brazil.... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll be curious to see what Walz decides to change after extending his executive powers for another month. It's time to allow main st. in small town America to open up again under some guidelines. If it doesn't happen pretty soon there will be more and more outright defiance of his orders. That's OK. The ACLU will have enough prisoners cleared out of the jails by then so there'll be room!  :scratch: