Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503859 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Stay in place ends Monday, bars and restaurants open June 1 as I heard it with the possibility of him maybe in the future closing them again.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so 2 more weeks for them... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what about barbers and such???? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what about barbers and such????
sounded to me like 2 more weeks too. Just thii what Dotch's avatar is gonna look like by then. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/13/20, 06:49:26 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch:
I'll be curious to see what Walz decides to change after extending his executive powers for another month. It's time to allow main st. in small town America to open up again under some guidelines. If it doesn't happen pretty soon there will be more and more outright defiance of his orders. That's OK. The ACLU will have enough prisoners cleared out of the jails by then so there'll be room!  :scratch:
from what i see there ALREADY is defiance in his SIP.

IF he doesnt open things up more you can kiss 1/3 of these businesses that are currently closed goodbye. pathetic. :pouty: :pouty:

thing is, i dont really feel all that affected by this, yet it bugs the hell out of me. other then maybe wanting to go out to eat or head down to the local pub for a few brews and a burger basket it hasnt put a crimp in my style!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

now make me have to pay menards a buck fer a mask........... :angry2: :angry2: :taz: :taz: :banghead: training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 :angry2: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
:scratch: Just had an idea :rolleyes:, keep your $ & go to Home Depot. :doah: :evil: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be curious to see what Walz decides to change after extending his executive powers for another month. It's time to allow main st. in small town America to open up again under some guidelines. If it doesn't happen pretty soon there will be more and more outright defiance of his orders. That's OK. The ACLU will have enough prisoners cleared out of the jails by then so there'll be room!  :scratch:

IF he doesnt open things up more you can kiss 1/3 of these businesses that are currently closed goodbye. pathetic. :pouty: :pouty:

thing is, i dont really feel all that affected by this, yet it bugs the hell out of me. other then maybe wanting to go out to eat or head down to the local pub for a few brews and a burger basket it hasnt put a crimp in my style!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

now make me have to pay menards a buck fer a mask........... :angry2: :angry2: :taz: :taz: :banghead: training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 :angry2: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
:scratch: Just had an idea :rolleyes:, keep your $ & go to Home Depot. :doah: :evil: :nerd: :nerd:
:tut: :tut: :mooning: there are other places.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so now we will see who does what next Monday...  I mean bars and such....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I will have to admit he went way further than I expected.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :mooning: there are other places.
:rolleyes: Coudn't help myself :bonk:, we're more alike :sleazy: than either 1 of us cares to admit. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/13/20, 07:01:43 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes: Coudn't help myself :bonk:, we're more alike :sleazy: than either 1 of us cares to admit. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

what you and the Waltz???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  sorry Glenn said it to me!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I agree with you about Walz's capitulation. 

Models are funny.  I don't believe we will hit peak by mid-June.  To me peak means many-to-most of us will have or have had it.  That is a lot of new cases between now and then.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

what you and the Waltz???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  sorry Glenn said it to me!!!
:tut: Who you waltzin with, mike? :scratch: Glenn? :doah: Your posts are even startin to look & sound like his :evil:. You guys been hangin out? You using his phone for postin? ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I was kind of surprised he caved.i sure hope for all our sales that things work out as best as possible.i dont think a vaccine will be available before winter.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

I agree with you about Walz's capitulation. 

Models are funny.  I don't believe we will hit peak by mid-June.  To me peak means many-to-most of us will have or have had it.  That is a lot of new cases between now and then.

Peak means enough folks have had it that it becomes harder for it to spread.   

I can't figure out the new model from the U that says by like June we will need a couple thousand ICU beds...  As of today we are using 200 and it it going up very slowly.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I took it to mean peak is when the highest number of people are infected at one time, possibly overwhelming health care systems if it is too high.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
From a Canadian source: Borders will remain closed until June 21st. Wonder if we can get assylum?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
From a Canadian source: Borders will remain closed until June 21st. Wonder if we can get assylum?  :scratch:
in other words, the Canucks are safe from you till then!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:...putz!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes I was rather surprised myself too. I still think they should have been using that time to have a plan for the bars, restaurants and barbers to open on the 18th. Shouldn't have needed another 2 weeks to figure that out. And still no camping except for remote and dispersed camping will be allowed now.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes I was rather surprised myself too. I still think they should have been using that time to have a plan for the bars, restaurants and barbers to open on the 18th. Shouldn't have needed another 2 weeks to figure that out. And still no camping except for remote and dispersed camping will be allowed now.
i was in the same boat JB!!!!! i cant understand why you where allowed to  have 100's of people in wallyworld, menards, home depot, fleet farm and not  be allowed in a bar or resturant.

that was until this morning listening to the radio. they had an attorney, Mike Bryant call in. he is a regular sort of on the show and an adverstiser, according to him Walz has talked to restruarant owners, according to the owners it would take at least a week to get there ducks in a row anyway......... :scratch:

even so, it sounds like when they are allowed to open, i still question the 50% capacity, when essentially there is no limit to wallyworld????????

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually Walmart limits the number of shoppers to a safe level. Did you happen to see the scenes in the bars in Wisconsin last night? Sad part is those people probably aren't the ones that will croak, it's the people they infect and their families that will suffer.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is the first thing I thought too Roony.  I don't see that as an intelligent choice.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually Walmart limits the number of shoppers to a safe level. Did you happen to see the scenes in the bars in Wisconsin last night? Sad part is those people probably aren't the ones that will croak, it's the people they infect and their families that will suffer.
didnt know that, i dont even drive through there parking lot. thats gonna happen hear to!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I took a drive up to the lake yesterday to see how much activity was there.  Wheeler's access was only half full.  There were a few trucks at the resorts but not a lot of them.  People are being careful it seems. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
didnt know that, i dont even drive through there parking lot. thats gonna happen hear to!!!!!!
Then maybe if you don't know you shouldn't assume things. just sayin'

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Then maybe if you don't know you shouldn't assume things. just sayin'
my assumption would be even if wallyworld has a limited amount of people allowed its still alot more then a bar or resturant even at full capicity is all.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, but in a larger area. At the checkouts and at the entrance there are 6 foot Mark's to maintain distance. But they are non union soooooo.........
« Last Edit: May 05/14/20, 09:06:49 AM by roony »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
i was in the same boat JB!!!!! i cant understand why you where allowed to  have 100's of people in wallyworld, menards, home depot, fleet farm and not  be allowed in a bar or resturant.

that was until this morning listening to the radio. they had an attorney, Mike Bryant call in. he is a regular sort of on the show and an adverstiser, according to him Walz has talked to restruarant owners, according to the owners it would take at least a week to get there ducks in a row anyway......... :scratch:

even so, it sounds like when they are allowed to open, i still question the 50% capacity, when essentially there is no limit to wallyworld????????
That is kind of my point. There has been 4 weeks. You would think during that time they could have been coming up with a plan with the state to open on the 18th.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't moved by anything Walz said last nite. He tossed us a small bone by letting the stay at home order expire while extending his emergency powers another month. There are no guarantees on businesses opening, only tentative dates such as June 1 if businesses have a state approved plan in place. He was very defensive answering the one size fits all statewide policy question last nite. I think he's becoming more aware that people are getting seriously fed up in outstate. If he hadn't tossed us a bone and ordered us to stay home another two weeks or more, the wheels would've come off this thing real fast.