Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 507037 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Does anyone know if recycling centers are able to open Monday?? I gotta get rid of all my wife's beer cans. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Stearns county made the 10 on #4 news tonight. As close as 5 miles a down the road in Rockville. Stoneys bar and a bunch more are opening Monday. So is a drive in movie theater in Litchfield.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, the CEO is not taking a salary for this year. Also our raises come in April and only the hourly people got raises. The salaried people did not. The company was going review that in July for them. Eventually they will get something. And your right Trump isn't such a bad guy.😉
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
the more i think about this.....the more i'm gonna ask fer another one!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: for the financial good of the Local Union Hall!!!!!!!!
  :huh: Bet that wouldn't hurt the ladies at the Hall feelings either. :scratch: Even if they have to work, it'd be like a vacation! ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: training-087 training-087they like ney, I bring in pickled fish and other treats  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, the CEO is not taking a salary for this year. Also our raises come in April and only the hourly people got raises. The salaried people did not. The company was going review that in July for them. Eventually they will get something. And your right Trump isn't such a bad guy.😉
don't hear to many CEO's doing that or the stockholders.

By the way JB I had my fingers crossed when I posted that.  :nerd: :snow5: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :confused: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: training-087 training-087they like ney, I bring in pickled fish and other treats  :happy1:

Boar can you help translate here? :scratch:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/16/20, 10:01:10 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Does anyone know if recycling centers are able to open Monday?? I gotta get rid of all my wife's beer cans. :rotflmao:
Recycling centers are considered essential services since they recover and process raw materials for essential manufacturing. They’re also connected to trash collection, and that’s considered essential. Your center may not be open, but that would be their decision.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: The transfer station just north of Cohasset where we take our recyclables was open on Wednesday. Busy too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When I went to check my asparagus couple weeks ago, the one I go to said closed till further notice. :scratch: I know they take alot if stuff.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting article in today's local paper about some bars opening up on Monday. Sounds like the law people are sending out half azz threats about fines and losing there licenses. Yet they give the impression there not going to do anything unless someone calls and complains. And you can bet done whiny nosey people will that probably never go into them anyway. :pouty:

Let them open, still my choice to go in or not. :surrender:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
No wonder the country is going broke. LOL
yea that Trump might not be such a bad guy after all  :doofus: :doofus: :evil: :rotflmao:
Funny how getting paid for sitting in a boat fishing can turn around a guys thinking
 :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I know, and here I thought there's no way I could get bought!; :pouty: :scratch: :doah: :evil:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Interesting article in today's local paper about some bars opening up on Monday. Sounds like the law people are sending out half azz threats about fines and losing there licenses. Yet they give the impression there not going to do anything unless someone calls and complains. And you can bet done whiny nosey people will that probably never go into them anyway. :pouty:

Let them open, still my choice to go in or not. :surrender:

'zactly. Fun places to stop for a libation & food when yer on the way thru to wherever sometimes. Didn't hang out in local bars before this, don't know why I'd start now. Spendy places to drink, even spendier if you get a shine on and get rolled.  :embarrassed:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
let life re-begin!!!!   :happy1: 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What makes me anxious about the bars re-opening is that all it takes is one staff member of a long term health care facility to let their guard down and frequent the bars and get sick to bring it to the facility where it will spread like wildfire. Selfish of me I know because it involves my wife and mother.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
What makes me anxious about the bars re-opening is that all it takes is one staff member of a long term health care facility to let their guard down and frequent the bars and get sick to bring it to the facility where it will spread like wildfire. Selfish of me I know because it involves my wife and mother.

you are just being honest and that is good... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made my trip to fleet farm. There isn't any social distancing there. That place was busier then the weeks before Christmas. :crazy: :crazy:

About 1/8 of the people wore masks.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I understand roony. Had it been my own Mom, might have similar feelings. FF in Owatonna was a zoo. Maybe a quarter of the people wearing masks. People were pretty good about staying out of each others way. That store is getting worse from a stocking standpoint. Product sorta shoved in here and there. No prices or discounts posted clearly on things. Sale items nonexistent. Someone needs their retail @ss kicked.  :angry:
« Last Edit: May 05/16/20, 06:22:14 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard the big M in Alex yesterday was the same..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
st cloud paper had an article today that Geyer rental is closing there doors in both there locations due to the COVID thing and not being allowed to open. sad...…..and there are goin to be a whole lot more.

seen on the news last night a resturaunt in the cities that has 2 locations, think its called Bonfires is closing after being in business for 20 years.
« Last Edit: May 05/17/20, 10:08:03 AM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
are the bars still going to oprn tomorrow down that way??  I heard the state is saying huge fines if they do!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
are the bars still going to oprn tomorrow down that way??  I heard the state is saying huge fines if they do!!!
sounds like it. one bar owner, the one in Rockville anyway said if I/m going down, i'll go down trying. not getting a paycheck in 2 months hurts.

and as I read that article, law enforcement seems to me isn't going to do anything unless they get some douchebag that complains. sounds like then they will go to the business, ask them to voluntarily close, if they do nuttin, if they don't they will file a report and send it up the ladder. yea there threating to pull the license and hefty fines...……..but what else are they gonna say to try and derail this. law enforcement said they cant condone eople violating Walz's order??????????

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I'm hearing too..  education first the law was saying...  but yer right some douche bag will complain I suppose...

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Saw on facebook last night the bars are not going to open tomorrow. Max fines of $25,000 per day and loss of license spooked them for now. They are trying to raise money to take it to court like Wisconsin did.
« Last Edit: May 05/17/20, 10:33:46 AM by merc »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw on facebook last night the bars are not going to open tomorrow. Max fines of $25,000 per day all loss of license spooked them for now. They are trying to raise money to take it to court like Wisconsin did.

I heard some thing like that but I don't have face book..  thanks Merc!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw on facebook last night the bars are not going to open tomorrow. Max fines of $25,000 per day all loss of license spooked them for now. They are trying to raise money to take it to court like Wisconsin did.
pretty sure I seen where some group already has started a lawsuit?????? on the premise they sell the same stuff places like wallyworld sells, there oen and the small businesses cant be open.

merc………..I haven't seen or heard that but could be true. not sure how this works, Wisconsin has basically the same order as Minnesota and look what the court did over there>>>>>>>>>>

oh by the way...…...I had heard Rileys was open??????????

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I heard some thing like that but I don't have face book..  thanks Merc!!!
me either...…….this is my facebook!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just watched the video again from the guy from Albany that owns six different bars in the area. He said they need $100,000 to take it to the supreme court and try to get this overturned. He has started a go fund me page. He said it took nine days in Wisconsin to get that done. Yesterday he got a call from the Attorney Generals office and was told if he opens they will get the max fine for every complaint issued against them. All I can say is good luck to him.