Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503298 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So what is the new plan then?  Just go with the flow?  I feel hypocritical for having the Grandson come up but I only know one person that has the covid.  And he lives 400 miles away from here.
my opinion for what its worth LPS.............. you need to do what you feel comfortable with. i dont know of anyone thats had it.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is the new plan then?  Just go with the flow?  I feel hypocritical for having the Grandson come up but I only know one person that has the covid.  And he lives 400 miles away from here.
my opinion for what its worth LPS.............. you need to do what you feel comfortable with. i dont know of anyone thats had it.

I agree, and life does go on...  we can't live in a bubble forever...   or at least I can't....  I take things more cautiously but I'm not stopping...  and no I don't know anyone who has it, yet...  I'm sure we all will know someone sooner or later... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems likely that most of us will get it eventually. Being in the "high risk" group I'd  like to put it off until the health care system has more knowledge and tools to deal with it. We just had another case come to light at work. Not really afraid of dying but dont know what the warden would do without me... Too much to do around here.
« Last Edit: May 05/19/20, 12:24:56 PM by roony »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yupper. Gotta do what seems right to/for you Barry. I plan on contunuing my therapeutic treatments again tonite!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yupper. Gotta do what seems right to/for you Barry. I plan on contunuing my therapeutic treatments again tonite!  :happy1:
If some is good more is better!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Have kind of thought I would like to get it and get it over with but now the guys on that ship the Roosevelt are getting the covid for the 2nd time.  Like 13 of them so far.  SO getting it doesn't mean you won't get it again it seems.

From what I have been seeing, not sure they got it again or are having some symptoms like a relapse even though they had tested negative.   But not sure I want to go to a bar bad enough to get it  even if I were young, which I'm not. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya we will just be here at the river the whole time anyways.  Was fun to go shopping with him but we won't do that.  He will be our first visitor since all of this started.  We need it. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun with your grandson!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks.  The wife is just giddy about it.  Love seeing that.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya we will just be here at the river the whole time anyways.  Was fun to go shopping with him but we won't do that.  He will be our first visitor since all of this started.  We need it.
so you told BOAR to stay the hell away!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This is a quote from a diary on the pandemic in 1665....  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That is a good one.  They really liked them pointy back then didn't they?  And lots of lipstick.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That is a good one.  They really liked them pointy back then didn't they?  And lots of lipstick.

What you mean "back then"?  Speak for yourself...  At least they were real 'back then"

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You'll put your eye out del!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea Del, speak for yourself, I'm not old enough to remember "back then". :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You'll put your eye out del!
I wear glasses.  And I'll take my chances

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have kind of thought I would like to get it and get it over with but now the guys on that ship the Roosevelt are getting the covid for the 2nd time.  Like 13 of them so far.  SO getting it doesn't mean you won't get it again it seems. 
Just seen some expert on TV talk about this & she said the same thing, having the antibodies doesn't mean you have immunity. :scratch:
They just said on NBC nightly news last night that once you get it you do have immunity once you have the antibodies and that you can't spread it either. Also said on the radio this morning that they are contributing people getting it a 2nd time to bad test results.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about the testing issue. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about the testing issue.
#metoo........ :confused: :confused:

the more this drags on the more frustrating and iritating this gets. ya cant go camping, ya just started to get to go to the BWCA, ya cant go to a bar or resturant............but you can go into walmart, fleet farm or menards. places that are swarming with people!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As I mentioned in the Morning thread we are heading to the Dentist this morning.  It is our regular scheduled appt.  Just got lucky with the timing of it.  We just got a text that we must wear a mask when we arrive.  I am curious to see how they clean my teeth with a mask on!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As I mentioned in the Morning thread we are heading to the Dentist this morning.  It is our regular scheduled appt.  Just got lucky with the timing of it.  We just got a text that we must wear a mask when we arrive.  I am curious to see how they clean my teeth with a mask on!
yea no kidding  :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy:

maybe it'll have a hole in it like Monica Lewinski's mask!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that was real funny Glenn...     :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Had dental work done a week ago, nothing was different from normal
 Monica wasn't present.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota has exceeded Trump's guidelines on reopening. Still painful for many.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm still having a real small glimmer of hope these bars and restrurants will be able to open for the 3 day weekend!!!!!!! :crazy: