Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503486 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

True data, unfortunately they are both holding the cards right now

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I bet his wife has already been making him do that.   :sleazy:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I bet his wife has already been making him do that.   :sleazy:
brown paper bags don't count

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: along with my charming personality, my drop dead good looks is what was her fatal attraction. :sleazy: :sleazy: well that and..... Well this IS a family site!! :hubba: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man this crap is getting old. All you hear on the news, COVID, George Floyd, rioting and now pushing over statues. :angry2: :confused:

Same with the local newspaper. :confused: no sports to write about, local events are tiny articles. :pouty: almost not worth the paper it's written on. Good thing for the TV guide and the comics. Can't believe the weather forecast. :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watch the news until they get on that stuff and then I turn on the Sportsman or Outdoor channel or a food show.  I am getting tired of the social distancing thing too.  BUT my wife still is pretty serious about it so I do honor her feelings and am being careful about it.  It wouldn't be fair for me to bring it home to her cuz I didn't try. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I watch the news until they get on that stuff and then I turn on the Sportsman or Outdoor channel or a food show.  I am getting tired of the social distancing thing too.  BUT my wife still is pretty serious about it so I do honor her feelings and am being careful about it.  It wouldn't be fair for me to bring it home to her cuz I didn't try.

Just chill out and watch dukes of hazzard on Amazon Prime..... Oh, wait...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw on the noon news that states on the coasts including the Gulf Coast have the most increases in Covid now.  Partly from having get togethers I think.  AND there are a lot of people there so one little slip and they all get it.  Well I just read that the Cowboys and the Texans have players that have tested positive to the Crud.  Ezekiel Elliot is one of them.   

PS:  So far the Canadian Coast in Central MN is in good shape!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Cases in MN continue to drop, in spite of the riots the last few weeks..  Another of life's little mysteries. :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I don't know if they are dropping Del, we are up over 30,000 confirmed cases....if you look at the graphics, we plane off a little, they remove some restrictions, we go up...plane off a little, they remove some more restrictions, we go up, then start to plane off....

These are just my observations since we have been deemed essential, and I have been one of those idjets that have been taking temps and wearing a mask  :doah:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting HD.  So the numbers are actually doing just what we all knew they would.  The more activity the higher the transmission rate.  Hope it doesn't go crazy.  A little uptick is not such a bad thing as that does include the more testing program too so numbers will go up with more testing.  But hopefully the Covid people are getting aren't real aggresive cases. 

A friend of mine just called me today and his son who is 21 years old, a perfect example of health, good athlete so eats good, takes care of his body etc.  He has Covid!  The last person you would expect to get it.  Has had flu symptoms, headache,,tired.  He got tested and he has the Crud!  He did admit that he went to a 3 or 4 day resort thing somewhere with some other college buddies.  About a week ago.  SO he could have gotten it there.  Will be interesting to see if anyone else there gets it.  OR could have gotten it at any store or gas station.  Countless options.  Hopefully it is just a flu feeling thing and then hopefully he is over it. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been looking at the MN depth of health covid situation update, updated every day at 11am.   New cases have been going down, hospitalizations and icu going down, deaths going down.  St Louis county hasn't had a new case for several days.

It is an interesting site.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We've been using the coronavirus update though the search engine "Bing" updated every time you click on it.

I'm not sure which is more accurate  :confused:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know if they are dropping Del, we are up over 30,000 confirmed cases....if you look at the graphics, we plane off a little, they remove some restrictions, we go up...plane off a little, they remove some more restrictions, we go up, then start to plane off....

These are just my observations since we have been deemed essential, and I have been one of those idjets that have been taking temps and wearing a mask  :doah:
and how many of those 30,000 are over it of needed hospitals?? Scewed data.granted some get nasty.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

and how many of those 30,000 are over it of needed hospitals?? Scewed data.granted some get nasty.
As of the report yesterday, there have been 30,693 confirmed cases, and 1304 deaths.   422,922 tests have been done.   

Of the 1304 deaths, 1034 have been in care facilities.   

26,609 cases have recovered and "no longer need isolation"   

353 cases are in the hospital, of which 186 are in ICU.   

They don't tell how many total have been in the hospital, but at the moment we have about 3000 active cases and 350 in the hospital so 12%.   If the proportions remain similar that would be 3500 people ended up hospitalized.   

Best I can do with the numbers available.   The state updates them every day, and recently new cases and hospitalizations have been declining.   

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what to make of the numbers.

1,313 total deaths.  1,041 in long term care facilities (79%).  272 not in long term care (21%).

They do not (or no longer) report cumulative deaths as a function of age, but for the 9 new deaths yesterday, 2 vicims were in their 60s and and 7 were in their 80s and 90s.  I think we all suspect most victims are in the 70s, 80s, and beyond.

There are now 30,882 cumulative cases. 

Hennepin County alone = 10,323 Cases (33%); 724 Deaths (55%)

All 5 Twin Cities Metro Counties with Hennepin = 18,686 Cases (60.5%); 1,117 Deaths (85%)

Greater Minnesota = 12,196 Cases (39.5%); 196 Deaths (15%)

One-size-fits-all state-wide executive orders to manage the crisis?  :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agree Steve-O. And one more thing the data doesn't show is the breakdown within the counties themselves. For instance, in the rural counties there is nothing to tell you where those cases were from in the county itself and whether they were transmitted as a result of the workplace environment, LTC, occurred in a municipality or what. That's especially true in the counties where meat packing plants exist and where outbreaks occurred in LTC scenarios. The care centers are named but numbers are not quantified. My neighbor got tested for COVID prior to his kidney stone surgery so will be interesting to see how he comes out.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
at lunchtime, reading the stat and tribune i seen a half page ad. looks like the ole moondance jam is still happenin up in walker july 16-18th.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
at lunchtime, reading the stat and tribune i seen a half page ad. looks like the ole moondance jam is still happenin up in walker july 16-18th.

I don't thunk so, I read it was canceled...  look it up for us!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't thunk so, I read it was canceled...  look it up for us!!!
:shocked: :undecided: :pouty: :pouty: your retired you do it!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: i just looked at the ad again......its todays paper, nothing in the ad says its canceled, matter oh fact it even said plenty of room to distance.

you prove me wrong!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :evil: your turn!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ok here ya are!!!  and ya asked for it!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.google.com/search?q=moondance+jam&oq=moondance+jam&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
yea that sya its canceled..............why put an ad in the paper where it doesnt state that. well baffle me silly!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :doofus: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the ad was most likely already paid for.... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon