Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503820 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Another reason I try to be extra careful is because my wife works at a nursing home and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be indirectly responsible for an outbreak there.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It all matters.  A little effort can go a long way.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We sure are  blessed to have you guys on here that know so much more than the scientists that have devoted their lives studying pandemics. After all science doesn't matter any more! I know this is the first place I'll turn to when I need medical advice. :confused:

Which scientists?  The ones that told us in Feb that it wasn't a problem.  The ones that told us masks don't prevent infections in March?     The ones that predicted two million deaths in US?   The ones that didn't tell Cuomo to stop sending covid patients to nursing homes?     The ones that said hydroxychloroquine worked?  Or the ones that said it doesn't?   The ones that said to wash hands very frequently and disinfect your canned goods from the grocery?   

The truth is that the scientists knew next to nothing about this virus or how it actually spreads, or how to treat those who get it.   They seem to be making some progress but knowledge is very tenuous at this point.   They don't even know how long you are safe after you recover. 

So I avoid being around strangers as much as possible, and wear a mask even though it probably doesn't do much for me.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Del pretty much hit the nail on the head there.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Del pretty much hit the nail on the head there.
Thanks.  And I am praying for all those folks trying to make a vaccine and develop better ways of caring for those who do catch it.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We sure are  blessed to have you guys on here that know so much more than the scientists that have devoted their lives studying pandemics. After all science doesn't matter any more! I know this is the first place I'll turn to when I need medical advice. :confused:

Which scientists?  The ones that told us in Feb that it wasn't a problem.  The ones that told us masks don't prevent infections in March?     The ones that predicted two million deaths in US?   The ones that didn't tell Cuomo to stop sending covid patients to nursing homes?     The ones that said hydroxychloroquine worked?  Or the ones that said it doesn't?   The ones that said to wash hands very frequently and disinfect your canned goods from the grocery?   

The truth is that the scientists knew next to nothing about this virus or how it actually spreads, or how to treat those who get it.   They seem to be making some progress but knowledge is very tenuous at this point.   They don't even know how long you are safe after you recover. 

So I avoid being around strangers as much as possible, and wear a mask even though it probably doesn't do much for me.
Exactly, that's why I come here for all my guidance! Maybe Trump will see the light and appoint dellwood beamer to the Corona task force so the whole country can be safer. Meanwhile I will sleep better knowing I have access to your genius right here.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I too feel safer. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here's another COVID-19 pointer:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Exactly, that's why I come here for all my guidance! Maybe Trump will see the light and appoint dellwood beamer to the Corona task force so the whole country can be safer. Meanwhile I will sleep better knowing I have access to your genius right here.

You seem to be angry about what I wrote.   Which parts offended you?  What do you disagree with? What did I say that is untrue?   Have you been following the scientific literature?   

Tell you what.. Tell me how much exposure, or dose of virus, is necessary to get infected.   

And it is well known that the type of masks people are being told to wear don't do much to protect the person wearing them.  They have a larger effect on preventing a contagious person wearing one from transmitting the disease.   

So, come on Roony.  You want to trade facts and evidence?    Or just make sarcastic cracks?

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Absolutely the masks protect others, do you think that is bad. Do you think things like stop signs and speed limits are only to protect the driver?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Absolutely the masks protect others, do you think that is bad. Do you think things like stop signs and speed limits are only to protect the driver?

Where did I say masks are bad?  I wear a mask in public.   I did call out the inconsistent messaging in the past by the "scientists". 

But stop signs  and speed limits protect me from others as well as others from me.  Very poor analogy.   Care to elaborate about the stuff I actually talked about?   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My take on the masks is that they were originally discouraged because they didn't want people hoarding them like the idiots did with toilet paper and like you said they dont protect the wearer. A lot of the other things are due to this being a novel virus and everything about it is not known like with viruses that have been around for a long time.
Yes, there have been mistakes but I still value the opinions of those who have expertise in the subject than the armchair quarterbacks on here and other forums.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I sure hope they're wearing masks.... :rolleyes:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure hope they're wearing masks.... :rolleyes:

Sounds painful..... I hope they don't get any in their .........................eyes.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Good one Del. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So, ad I posted in the good morning thread, had lunch at the bluffs. My observation was this. Of the dozen or so people that came and went, noone had a mask.

As far as the food... Still really good. :happy1: there was nothing on the tables, napkin holders or salt and pepper shakers. They came in as well as the KATCHUP in these little plastic containers you would get ranch dressing or extra sauces in. Plastic forks and food came in a basket not on a plate.

The gal said things are not back to normal and it's circulating in alot of bars. From people she had talked to symptoms range from little to nothing to getting hit in the chest with a bat.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
At the Ia governor's news conference yday the talk was about scaling back on the re-opening with the major objective being not overwhelming the hospitals & getting the kids back to the classroom this fall. No action was takin but nothing was said to be off the table either.
« Last Edit: July 07/08/20, 01:12:53 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i see where JB's buddy...........walz has extended the peacetime emergency again!!!!!!! training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :crazy: :doofus: :confused:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well of course he did. I am just shocked. :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Guess the Mason City mask deal is only mandatory for city buildings :bonk:, unlike Cawchester's. ;)
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so........driving into work this morning listening to the morning show on KQRS, boobers favorite DJ  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: tommy barnard and Brian Zepp where talking about the COVID/mask thing and brought up these points i thought where spot on.

senator John Marty, a D is introducing a bill to make masks mandatory in all public places.  :doah: :tut: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

why is this mask thing so political by party...the D's wear masks and push this and the R's dont.  :shocked: :scratch: :doah: :doah: :confused:

why arent there mandated masks requirements for the influenza strains???????

40,000 people die a year from second hand smoke, other then the gubberment gets a ton of money from tobbacco tax  why dont they do something about that?? :doofus: and why isnt smoking in a car with kids in it not considered child abuse or neglect???

supposedly 300,000 people die each year of obesity related health issues.......... why arent they doing something about that?????

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
They are separate problems, Smurfy.   Second hand smoke, they banned smoking in most places..

Raised price of cigs to like 10 bucks.

But seems like the fact is that wearing masks while inside places like stores would significantly reduce transmission of the virus.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They are separate problems, Smurfy.   Second hand smoke, they banned smoking in most places..

But seems like the fact is that wearing masks while inside places like stores would significantly reduce transmission of the virus.
yep.......seperate problems.................same rational........makes no sense on there decision making!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

yep.......seperate problems.................same rational........makes no sense on there decision making!!!
So we shouldn't wear masks against a communicable disease because people are fat?   :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty:  its not my opinion. just what they talked about on one of the top morning radio shows in the country...........

quit making a big issue out this............ :doah: :confused:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dont blame Del, you brought it up. :mooning: :mooning:
The main one making it a political issue is the POTUS
« Last Edit: July 07/15/20, 11:16:21 AM by roony »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dont blame Del, you brought it up. :mooning: :mooning:
The main one making it a political issue is the POTUS
hey i'm simply spreading my wealth of knowledge!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: OK.......what i heard on the radio that kinda fix my fancy!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and relavant!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!