Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503433 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Ask him!! ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Will you be going to St. Cloud today? :smoking: If you do better take that present mikey sent ya. :evil:
« Last Edit: July 07/21/20, 08:38:45 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Save big money at Menards!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Because with masks, there is still some transmission of infections, just not enough for the numbers to go up.  Like, if with no masks a sick person could infect two people and those two people go on to infect four people... pretty soon you have a whole bunch of people.   But if there are 8 sick people and they wear masks so there is only a 50 50 chance they infect someone else, then there will only be 4 new cases, then 2 then 1 and then maybe another one or none at all.   

Whether that would really work, and whether folks in places where there aren't many cases would go along with that is hard to know.   There is a lot of "It can't happen here" going on.   I see it every day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife got a text from her sister last night that a couple of gubmit people decided that the North Star Stampede Rodeo in Effie will be done with no spectators. The whole thing is outside.  :crazy: I think they are getting a little over board with their control.  :bs:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They must not want those cowboys and cowgals aspirating all over you.   :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just like the 2 I heard of that got killed in a car accident by covid.  :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The wife got a text from her sister last night that a couple of gubmit people decided that the North Star Stampede Rodeo in Effie will be done with no spectators. The whole thing is outside.  :crazy: I think they are getting a little over board with their control.  :bs:
man aint that the truth!!!!!!!! :confused: :angry2: :doofus: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ya know i think i might start to kinda like this Trump feller.  :doofus: :crazy: :rotflmao:

just read an article on MSN's home page, he wants to give out a stimulus check bigger then the last one!!!!!!!!! :azn: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
also betting there are alot of nervous parents and teachers today awiating what our gov timmy putin has to say about the upcoming school year!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

its amazing how split the teachers are. my cousin is a teacher down in the big city, Blaine i believe and she is pretty adamant kids need to get back to the classroom. she thinks the kids didnt do any of the work or very little, she cant see if they are doing any of the school work, had no way to test if they did but she was expected to give grades...........and of course passing grades.

our sources are telling us WALZ is simply listening to the nurses and teachers in his guidance through this.

and i wont even get into it about the Minneapolis mayor!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :doofus: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Most of the teachers I know have said the same thing, that the kids need the classroom environment. Easier for the teachers to monitor the kid's progress or lack thereof & get it corrected. About the only ones I know against going back are the staunch teachers union types. Some of those were a problem before COVID ever reared its ugly head anyway.  :confused: Yes glenn, your buddy the boy mayor has seen fit to put his foot down on Mpls. bar owners. This oughta be fun. I hope they don't make him cry again.  :bonk:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have both been out since getting back home & no masks mandate down here. Brother went to get groceries & they were giving mask away in the entrance if you wanted 1. I went to the bank & they did have a sign up asking everyone entering to wear 1 so I put mine on. I didn't see any customers in there who weren't wearing 1, all the employess were behind plexiglass barriers & some of them had masks on too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we had a guy come in the hall......as far as they are allowed, he was wearing one of them knitted kinda winter/ ski masks on. i question its usefullness the way they are made. :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: Kind of like the bandana/handkerchief type ones that they say are only ~ 10% effective. :tut:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: Kind of like the bandana/handkerchief type ones that they say are only ~ 10% effective. :tut:

I have been using one of my bandannas and I think it's as good as many of the home made one's for sure...  I hate that elastic behind my ears...  most people were wearing them today too..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Some news program I was watching said they're ~ 13-15% effective so :confused:........................yeah getting 1 with elastic that fits right, not too loose or too tight, can be a pain.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
also betting there are alot of nervous parents and teachers today awiating what our gov timmy putin has to say about the upcoming school year!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

its amazing how split the teachers are. my cousin is a teacher down in the big city, Blaine i believe and she is pretty adamant kids need to get back to the classroom. she thinks the kids didnt do any of the work or very little, she cant see if they are doing any of the school work, had no way to test if they did but she was expected to give grades...........and of course passing grades.

our sources are telling us WALZ is simply listening to the nurses and teachers in his guidance through this.

and i wont even get into it about the Minneapolis mayor!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :doofus: :confused: :banghead::banghead: :banghead:

Supposedly Walz is going to punt back to the districts.   I'm sure they are thrilled.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Some news program I was watching said they're ~ 13-15% effective so :confused:........................yeah getting 1 with elastic that fits right, not too loose or too tight, can be a pain.

Then there's the glasses factor. I'm used to wearing a dust mask going into corn fields this time of year if they're pollinating. I'm always damn glad to get the thing off once I'm out of there too. Fog up my glasses and if your face wasn't sweating before you went in, it is by the time you come back out. Not only do these blue surgical masks everyone is wearing fog your glasses, they get snarled up with the bows when trying to get the mask off. Now I see Fauci is advising wearing face shields or goggles. Enough is too much.  :bonk:   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

and i wont even get into it about the Minneapolis mayor!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :doofus: :confused: :banghead::banghead: :banghead:

Supposedly Walz is going to punt back to the districts.   I'm sure they are thrilled.
Well it actually makes more sense to leave it to the districts. He has been accused of adopting one size fits all rules when he makes mandates for the whole state. Perhaps some of the districts in outstate MN have different factors to consider than in districts with higher covid rates.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Then there's the glasses factor. I'm used to wearing a dust mask going into corn fields this time of year if they're pollinating. I'm always damn glad to get the thing off once I'm out of there too. Fog up my glasses and if your face wasn't sweating before you went in, it is by the time you come back out. Not only do these blue surgical masks everyone is wearing fog your glasses, they get snarled up with the bows when trying to get the mask off. Now I see Fauci is advising wearing face shields or goggles. Enough is too much.  :bonk:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i love your new avator dotch!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: that guy was a hoot!!!!!! reminds me of some management material!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You are right on the money roony. For starters our internet capabilities alone lag significantly vs. the urban areas here in much of outstate & vary within the areas themselves. This district is no exception. Parents are very much in favor of local control. Besides, for the kids it's  lots more fun to ride 4 wheeler or a quad outside than listen to Mr. or Ms. Yakkety Yak drone on in the house...:rolleyes:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  :reporter;  Breaking News.... Herman Cain, dies at 74   

Herman Cain, Former Presidential Candidate, Dies at 74

Herman Cain, who rose from poverty in the segregated South to become chief executive of a successful pizza chain and then thrust himself into the national spotlight by seeking the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, has died at 74.

His death was announced on Thursday on his website and in social media accounts. No other details were provided. He had been hospitalized this month in the Atlanta area with the novel coronavirus after testing positive for it on June 29.

:coffee: .......
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/herman-cain-former-presidential-candidate-dies-at-74/ar-BB17nlQy?li=BBnb7Kz
« Last Edit: July 07/30/20, 06:32:59 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Well it actually makes more sense to leave it to the districts. He has been accused of adopting one size fits all rules when he makes mandates for the whole state. Perhaps some of the districts in outstate MN have different factors to consider than in districts with higher covid rates.
You are a 100% right Roony. He did it the way it should be. Because one size does not fit all.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You are a 100% right Roony. He did it the way it should be. Because one size does not fit all.  :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: you agreed to something Walz did???????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Did he/they say anything about charter schools?  What are the rules for those?

Are they tied to any particular district and do charters have to do what the district does, or are they completely independent?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Are they tied to any particular district and do charters have to do what the district does, or are they completely independent?

we were wondering that yesterday too....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

from the news last night............is a charter school considered private???????????? i dont know??? but he said private schools are NOT bound by this order. how stupid is that. its still a friggin school.

i see also where da gov of wisconsin issued a mask mandate till sept 30th.  :doofus:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: you agreed to something Walz did???????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yah. Scary as hell isn't it.  :doofus: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree the local control thing is fine. But all the rules and stipulations by the state don't make it as rosy as it looks at face value. For instance, schools in those counties with the meat packing plant debacles are going to be restricted even though they may be far from the area where the problems occurred. Still some "one size fits all" to it.