Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503425 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
and it sounds like we have more coming at us here...  again...
yea i seen that too!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: last i heard they want to limit 3 per household for turkey day. :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
f*** that!!

sorry
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear ya bud.......we made plans and sticking with them, if someone doesnt want to come thats there choice.

Sue and i did have a conversation about christmas and we will discuss it with the kids thanksgiving day. plan is to see how things shake out between turkey day and then. hope to have a decission by 2nd week in december.........

i still plan on quarenteening up north on a few frozen lakes though!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still staying with the plan here too..  for turkey day..  then from there we will see too.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i seen that too!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: last i heard they want to limit 3 per household for turkey day. :doah:

But, but Hitl…. Biden isn't President yet!!  :confused:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

that isnt Kamala's doing........YET. thats that guy DOTCH like so well......gov Timmy Jung Walz!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from: glenn57 yea i seen that too!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: last i heard they want to limit 3 per household for turkey day. :doah:
[/quote
So half the Asian families are going to have most the family eating in the garage?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

that isnt Kamala's doing........YET. thats that guy DOTCH like so well......gov Timmy Jung Walz!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You guys are saying mean things about Joe & Ho as well as comrade Walz. Dey haff vays uff delink viss zhu trobblemakerz... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You guys are saying mean things about Joe & Ho as well as comrade Walz. Dey haff vays uff delink viss zhu trobblemakerz... :shocked:
you speak boaraneze now??? :scratch: :doah: how's dutchboy supposed to follow along ya putz!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's OK. We'll get out the chalkboard... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/17/20, 04:43:24 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well looks like Walz is going to shut down high school sports.

Hey Dotch mail me one of your recall Walz yard signs. :confused: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think when he yaks at 6pm tomorrow there will more than that we are going to hear..... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well looks like Walz is going to shut down high school sports.

Hey Dotch mail me one of your recall Walz yard signs. :confused: :happy1:

Sounds like yer pal gov. Killjoy will set out to finish the job he started back in March on restaurants & bars too while he's at it. Was in the local restaurant yesterday. No seats at the bar anymore of course. Absolutely ludicrous. The main reason we sat at the bar was to make it easier on the waitress. Many days she's running her @ss off between the bar and restaurant side since they can't afford to hire more help due to the 50% capacity rule as it applies to COVID. Your odds of a face to face full on blast from someone sitting 3' straight across from you at a table are far greater than someone properly distanced sitting 6' to your side. People making some of these ridiculous rules are apparently academics who for their entire adult lives have made a living feeding at the public trough having never run a small business, especially one in the hospitality sector.  :angry: 

So, you want that sign with or without bullet holes glenn?  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/17/20, 09:44:20 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: either one. :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Walz is a disgrace,same league as witmore in mich....I thought dayton was a bad gov holy hanna walz is a joke.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish there was actually a way to recall his  :moon:!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I admit the closing of theses businesses is concerning for many.  I must also admit that it has had no real impact on me.  I have not set foot in a bar, restaurant, church, hair salon, gym, school, or convention center since early March.  Do I like it, hell no.  Do I think it's worth it, yes I do. For now it's the only known effective way to slow the spread of the virus.  Anyone who still thinks its a joke or political ploy, simply needs to visit a covid ward in a hospital and I am sure they will come away with a different attitude.  Ok, nuff said, now back to hunting and fishing.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't like any of this neither DE.  The wife and I have done everything we can to help stop this virus also.  I agree with everything you just said. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I have done everything we can to stay safe from this. But this locking things down an shutting businesses down is just flat wrong. It should be your personal choice to go into a bar or restaurant. These places are not going to survive. And as for the whole mask thing I am not buying that they help. Since according to all the dome and gloom cases are worse now then before we were wearing masks. And now I hear that some idiots Governors are going to and start mandating that people wear them in there own house. They can kiss  :mooning:!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I have done everything we can to stay safe from this. But this locking things down an shutting businesses down is just flat wrong. It should be your personal choice to go into a bar or restaurant. These places are not going to survive. And as for the whole mask thing I am not buying that they help. Since according to all the dome and gloom cases are worse now then before we were wearing masks. And now I hear that some idiots Governors are going to and start mandating that people wear them in there own house. They can kiss  :mooning:!
yea JB iread that yesterday and believe it was the state of pennselvannia!!

i also just read to expect walz to shut down all high school sports, AND bars and resturaunts will only be open for take out. i feel for these establishments........and i also agree with you JB it should be peoples choices.

read in the paper that Costco is now requiring a mask in a store or they wont let you in, if you claim medical... you will be required to have a face shield!!!!! i still wear a mask when i go to stores........

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Ever notice that Minnesota managed to keep its infection rate lower than the states surrounding us? Now, while Minnesota is close to maximum capacity, we are taking patients from those states that have ignored the seriousness of this pandemic. Recently patients from South Dakota have been quoted as saying "This can't be happening because the virus isn't real." These statements made on their deathbeds.
It is obvious that Walz isn't making these decisions because they help him politically. He would be more popular if he ignored science and did nothing to prevent our hospitals from being overwhelmed.
As far as sports go, I have always felt that the most valuable lesson of High School sports is how to work as a team. Maybe these young athletes will learn this lesson through some of the sacrifices they are making. It seems it is too late for many adults.
« Last Edit: November 11/18/20, 10:00:52 AM by roony »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
yea JB iread that yesterday and believe it was the state of pennselvannia!!

i also just read to expect walz to shut down all high school sports, AND bars and resturaunts will only be open for take out. i feel for these establishments........and i also agree with you JB it should be peoples choices.

read in the paper that Costco is now requiring a mask in a store or they wont let you in, if you claim medical... you will be required to have a face shield!!!!! i still wear a mask when i go to stores........

I am a firm believer that a busy has the right to Require people to wear mask. Their business, their choice. We as customers can make the choice to go in or not. I am wondering when at some point someone is going to bring a law suit against his shutting things down. But if we go and loot, riot and burns things down for BLM we would be OK to do it. :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sue, my wife got her test results back this afternoon. A big fat NEGATIVE!!👍👍

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Super glenn! Now if she can just figure out how to house break you she'll really be tickled!  :doah:

Well, it's started. The bar in Bugtussle was packed already at 4 p.m. when I came thru town after soil sampling. I rarely go in there other than to get a case of beer or an emergency bottle of Tanqueray from the off sale. The grocery store parking lot was full as well. Damn lucky Mrs. Cheviot bought most of our Thanksgiving stuff last week. I got our turkey bought on sale Monday. Hoarding was already evident in Albert's Leaf today the Mrs. reported. Also one of the restaurants she usually decorates for Christmas informed her this afternoon that given the anticipated announcement, they are done. Out of business. Finished. Kaput. Gee. Imagine that... :scratch: 
« Last Edit: November 11/18/20, 08:49:37 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sucks to hear Dotch. :confused:

We are going Friday to hoard and get our turkey day goodies. AND just because we're going to the house of pizza for lunch. :mooning: :moon:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 Yep, sad day in communist Mn. Killing some more businesses that are already struggling.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Walz is fond of showing his graphs where the virus has spiked over the last month. I would like to see the graph for the number of tests administered in the same period of time. We go from hardly no tests to I believe 75,000 per day. Gee I wonder how they have found more?   :scratch:

You boys start saving your nickles, once they start to calculate sales tax dollars lost and tax dollars spent fighting this thing our taxes are going to SKYROCKET.

And then in the spirit of "lets get this country moving again" the mental giants that run things will want to dump a 20 cent a gallon tax on gas that will just leave people staying home.

Awe hell, not even 8 o'clock and i've ruined my day thinking about this.   :sad:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee. Thanks for ruining my day too. The bright side is I am in a deer stand.