Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 504193 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he was a great singer...  RIP Charlie..... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where the local news this morning did a pc which said 975 doses of Pfizer's vaccine was delivered to OCMC in Rochester yday as well as a 1000 doses arriving in Iowa City at U of Ia Hospitals all of which is going to the healthcare workers dealing with CV-19 daily. It went on to say that Mercy Hospital over in Mason City is scheduled to get a 1000 doses of Moderna's version early next week if it gets approved by the FDA this week. So even here in small town Ia relief is getting closer :happy1: :cool: so stay safe & stay healthy!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
So sad news on GT's home front.  My f-i-l up in Brainerd at the nursing home tested positive and my son, his son and girlfriend all test positive yesterday.  What a mess.  GT is a little concerned. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hopeing for the best for all of them GT!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. Hoping for the best for all of them.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Prayers sent

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Same here bud. Hope they kick this.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
PrayerS to Yu GT!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Health Care workers should NOT be first in line for the vaccine.  It should be mandatory for all politicians.  The reason is simple. If something goes horribly wrong, we cannot afford to lose any Health Care workers however, politicians is another story all together. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Health Care workers should NOT be first in line for the vaccine.  It should be mandatory for all politicians.  The reason is simple. If something goes horribly wrong, we cannot afford to lose any Health Care workers however, politicians is another story all together.

Since my daughter-in-law is an RN I thought WTH is wrong with this guy?  :shocked:
But at the end I had to agree!  :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thoughts and prayers are with you GT.
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
More well wishes from south of the border, GT!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey gang, thanks for the well wishes for my gang.  We hope to hear some good news soon.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm waiting for glenn to tell us he got poked figured he could be the guinea pig for the vacine and report back to us.

Stay positive GT,survival rate is over 99% lets hope all recover by next week,folks I know that tested positive had mild  symtoms like the flu,back to work within 10 days good as new.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm waiting for glenn to tell us he got poked figured he could be the guinea pig for the vacine and report back to us.

Stay positive GT,survival rate is over 99% lets hope all recover by next week,folks I know that tested positive had mild  symtoms like the flu,back to work within 10 days good as new.
glenn ain't getting poked anytime soon. I don't fit the criteria for the first and want to see how others react first

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope things are going as well as can be expected GT. Some of the cocktails available to aid recovery have come a long way since this thing started, along with some showing mild to nearly non-existent symptoms to begin with. Lost one I knew locally altho pretty sure there was an underlying condition involved. 80 years old but there was still some tread left on the tire.  :sad:

I doubt that I need to worry about getting the shot anytime soon. Been careful thus far and try to avoid putting myself at risk any more than necessary.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

glenn ain't getting poked anytime soon. I don't fit the criteria for the first and want to see how others react first

I thought you in the over 65 crowd glenn... they're next inline.

Last weekend wilst in sodak hauling a trailer of house hold goods to my new place we went out to dinner sat night,everything is open didn't see one person wearing a mask in town,all systems go,breath of fresh air
« Last Edit: December 12/16/20, 11:08:42 AM by snow1 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope a spry, fit as a fiddle 63 years young  :happy1: :rotflmao:

But thanks for ibuprofen. :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I thought you in the over 65 crowd glenn... they're next inline.

Last weekend wilst in sodak hauling a trailer of house hold goods to my new place we went out to dinner sat night,everything is open didn't see one person wearing a mask in town,all systems go,breath of fresh air
:scratch: WE?? :scratch: :hubba: :wowza: :wowza: :kiss:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday I watched the live feed from the VA hospital for the first shot..  kudo's to them for that..  what made me sick was the Gov taking all the credit for getting the vaccine into the state and then how he went to the airport to make sure it was safe guarded and deliveered safely to the VA..  what the heck all the other places that got are chopped liver???  and he wonders why folks don't care for him...  just my thoughts... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Mike, don't rip on Dotch's fav gov. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

By now you should know better. :pouty: dem politicians take credit for about anything good and blame others for bad stuff. :rolleyes: :confused: :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The political spin - on both sides - surrounding the pandemic is what has bothered me the most. 

I thought Walz showed some bold leadership in the beginning when we no one really knew what to expect.  Lock things down while we build the capacity to treat many, many patients and then ride it out.  Except the plan changed.  Capacity was planned and built, but things opened up much more slowly making the economic hardships felt by small businesses grow even worse.

Later, as fall turned into winter and infection rates started to climb, Walzie clamped down again.  Wisconsin did not.  If you look at the infection rate profiles for the two states right now, they are very similar.  Its really hard to know what is right and wrong in all this because this disease and the death it brings is real and personal for many. 

However, Walz knows he is going to be held accountable for his decisions and he has to be thinking about how he can spin events to make us believe his choices and policies were the best ones.
« Last Edit: December 12/16/20, 01:03:19 PM by Steve-o »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well one thing for sure he will keep the face mask mandatory for awhile, that way no one can see his lips move when he does talk...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Listening to him now. What a babbling idiot. :doofus: :pouty:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hes yur gov.!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 The article said that there's been a couple in the UK too, both those people carried Epi-pens because they've both suffered from severe allergic reactions before. Both those have recovered. Now they are warning 'em not to give it to anyone with a known history of  severe allergic reactions.
« Last Edit: December 12/16/20, 03:01:53 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Doesn't matter what Walz says or does...........

Paul Wellstone has a better chance to be elected then Walz next election.  :happy1:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't matter what Walz says or does...........

Paul Wellstone has a better chance to be elected then Walz next election.  :happy1:

I wouldn't feel so certain of that. 

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey gang, thanks for the well wishes for my gang.  We hope to hear some good news soon.
Some sort of good news regarding the f-i-l. This is from my s-i-l.
For those of you who are wondering about my f-i-l, I have just spoken with staff and he is doing well.  He has a sore throat but his temp is normal and O2 is good.  He is up and about as usual and eating and drinking well.