Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503418 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i hear ya dutchy but just like always, regardless of who the prez or gov is, somehow we always manage to survive threw it all!!!!! i would say it be easier in DC if everything wasnt controlled by the same party.  :doah: few more checks and balances!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agree with you both even if glenn tears around his yard with frozen terds!  :confused:  :rotflmao:

Walz continues to alienate himself by patting himself on the back in releases like the one below. Allowing Ellison to send his goons out to enforce ridiculous rules and regulations in the outstate isn't helping matters. However, we're outnumbered. As has been said, if Walz crapped on the sidewalk in the Twin $hitties & the local media told people to eat it, most of them would.  :scratch: 

https://alphanewsmn.com/in-his-own-words-gov-walz-will-not-be-out-small-townd-by-anyone/
« Last Edit: January 01/09/21, 09:34:00 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
When Walz starts wanting to raise taxes he will go after the Fortune 500 companies in the state. He will have to go after them because.......

A) He killed small business.
B) There aren't as many tax payers in this state as there are people sucking the money up.

When that happens he is toast. Money talks, always has always will.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When Walz starts wanting to raise taxes he will go after the Fortune 500 companies in the state. He will have to go after them because.......

A) He killed small business.
B) There aren't as many tax payers in this state as there are people sucking the money up.

When that happens he is toast. Money talks, always has always will.
yep........ its crazy how many small businesses around here closed shop. some of our retires meet up once a month at a buffet in sartell and there's a notice on the local's website said they closed for good!!!!!1 its total  :bs: :bs: :bs: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean like California & NY have already done & now some of those states biggest employers are leaving for Texas & Florida were the tax laws are much more favorable. :doofus:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
And now it is reported Biden wants to use the doses that were being reserved for second shots to give more people first shots, in hopes the vaccine for the second shots will appear on time.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gottlieb came out in favor of that several weeks ago, he added that the amount of immunity supplied by the 1st dose would outweigh the possibility of the 2nd dose not being available when it's needed in his opinion.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and the Gov. has already said he will shut us down again  if he doesn't like the numbers he see's in the next few weeks or less...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and the Gov. has already said he will shut us down again  if he doesn't like the numbers he see's in the next few weeks or less...
me thinks if that happens its time for a revolution.......every business owner should tell him to stick it. no way can him and ellision go after every place in the state.

its bad enough we wants to supposedly compromise with the republicians but his first demand is masks..........

hey isnt walz from Dotch's part of the state!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
me thinks if that happens its time for a revolution.......every business owner should tell him to stick it. no way can him and ellision go after every place in the state.

its bad enough we wants to supposedly compromise with the republicians but his first demand is masks..........

hey isnt walz from Dotch's part of the state!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Actually him & Ellison could enforce it. Walz commands the National Guard. He could order them to stand post over every business in Minnesota. It would never come to that but in theory he could do it. I was just reading in yesterdays Star Tribune that the judge found in Walz's favor VS the Alibi Bar which opened in defiance of his order. He has the hammer in this case.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I know dutchy,  :confused: :pouty: just wishful thinking. :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

You are wrong, dog terd breath! He's from Nebraska and made MN his residence in ~1996. He's spent most of the time since then trying to convince people "he's one of us". He's no more Minnesotan than I am Canadian. Hell, I've lived where I do over 35 years and a lot of people around here still don't consider me a local!  :doah:
« Last Edit: January 01/09/21, 11:40:59 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You are wrong, dog terd breath! He's from Nebraska and made MN his residence in ~1996. He's spent most of the time since then trying to convince people "he's one of us". He's no more Minnesotan than I am Canadian. Hell, I've lived where I do over 35 years and a lot of people around here still don't consider me a local!  :doah:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where the minneapolis mayor is playing dictator like walz.  :scratch: :doah: he wont allow bar service.

thinking he's a one and done mayor!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably not. They are called citiodits for a reason. :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The early news had a pc on the easing of the restrictions for Mn bars & restaurants today  & nowhere did I see anything about reservations even mentioned. :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/11/21, 10:28:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
reservations are still in there but I'm still thinking it's for the eating out part... 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Still saying a few weeks into February Biden, Walz along with all the other Dem state Gov's will Heal-Us!  Wait-for-it!  :bow: :bow:

Exclusive: Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses in break from Trump administration policy of holding back stock for second dose

By Sara Murray, CNN
Updated 11:05 PM ET, Fri January 8, 2021
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
reservations are still in there but I'm still thinking it's for the eating out part... 
https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2021/01/minnesota-bars-restaurants-can-reopen-with-restrictions-monday/ nothing mentioned here either! :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/11/21, 10:51:32 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
No Gunner I have seen the same thing..  some have it written in and others omit it..  Minn for ya...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 That's the thing. There isn't any real clarity with the definition of reservations. :confused: where you do and don't need them. :doofus: :crazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Still saying a few weeks into February Biden, Walz along with all the other Dem state Gov's will Heal-Us!  Wait-for-it!  :bow: :bow:

Exclusive: Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses in break from Trump administration policy of holding back stock for second dose

By Sara Murray, CNN
Updated 11:05 PM ET, Fri January 8, 2021

This is a distinction without much of a difference.

Basically Trump was saying, if you get the first shot, they are going to keep you second dose in the freezer it is time to give it to you.

Biden asks, why keep your second dose in the freezer?  Lets give it to someone else as a first dose, and then assume your second dose will be delivered on time.

On the surface, Biden's approach sounds good (like many ideas), but if there are supply chain interruptions, you won't get your second dose on time, which will muck with the immunity performance.

And even if there are never any supply chain or production hick-ups, it really isn't speeding things up that much.  It adds risk to the roll-out and at best can only accelerate the inoculation rate by 3 weeks - assuming they are giving out shots as fast as the vaccine is shipping.

I love the headline...

In a Break from the Trump Administration Policy...

Go figure.  There are two approaches:  one conservative and one more risky.  Guess who chooses what.   :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  And yet it's still incumbent upon the individuals who got the first shot to followup with the 2nd???

I read a piece about New York and people giving the shots saying a good amount is going to waste do the gov opened it up to a more wide range of individuals able to get it.
« Last Edit: January 01/11/21, 11:18:36 AM by glenn57 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the thing. There isn't any real clarity with the definition of reservations. :confused: where you do and don't need them. :doofus: :crazy:

This is the kind of ambiguous language you get when they over legislate/mandate. 

It is pretty clear to see what they are tying to avoid.  Basically, they don't want a lobby full of people, or folks 3 deep at the bar waiting for a table at Applebees, so they say that reservations are required.

So, if I go to Applebees without reservations, they will either have an available table to give me, or not.  And if they don't, I will be able to make a reservation for later, or not.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy:this is just the rebellious me but I'm not certain to many places are going to turn you away if you don't have a reservation.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  And yet it's still incumbent upon the individuals who got the first shot to followup with the 2nd???

Sure, and if you were motivated enough to get the first, you'll likely want to get the second.  I don't want to be a nay-saying, nay-bob of negativity, but it will be curious to see if there are any stories of folks who show up at the clinic for their second shot and find out that they ran out of vaccine yesterday.

Still, I'm resisting the urge to over-politicize this.  I have to believe that the real gating factor for throttling the doses will be clinics giving out the shots.  Biden might say "RELEASE ALL THE VACCINE!" but that doesn't mean that clinics will be imprudent in the way they distribute it.  I want to believe that if they foresee any issues in getting the second dose to their patients on time, they will reduce the number of first doses they are giving out on their own - despite what the NEW, IMPROVED, BETTER THAN TRUMP policy says.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy:this is just the rebellious me but I'm not certain to many places are going to turn you away if you don't have a reservation.
true, but I still think it's for eating out..  if it's for going for a drink, WOW that's nuts!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
true, but I still think it's for eating out..  if it's for going for a drink, WOW that's nuts!!
Yea my thoughts to but with Walz who knows.. HEY DOTCH, what he tell you last night at suppertime. :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They'll write your name & # down when you walk in the door then tell you take that table over there, please. It's more about DPH standards for contact tracing IMO. Not gonna work for the bars. :crazy: :tut: