Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503285 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And if the roles were reversed... the Lib Media would be all over any pro-Trump company that dragged its feet to provide service to the American public. 

Oh yeah, and let's not think these companies are pitching in only because of the goodness of their little corporate hearts...  They'll get paid by the government for every deep freezer they have to buy and every vial of vaccine they ship.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's not like Amazon is offering it for free.

Amazon is offering its help to President Joe Biden with the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines, while seeking to get its employees inoculated "at the earliest appropriate time."

In a letter written to Biden and dated Wednesday, Amazon Worldwide Consumer CEO Dave Clark said the e-commerce giant is prepared to leverage its operations to help vaccinate 100 million Americans in the first 100 days of the president's administration.

"Our scale allows us to make a meaningful impact immediately in the fight against COVID-19, and we stand ready to assist you in this effort," wrote Clark.

The letter also calls for vaccinating Amazon employees, many of whom are essential workers, as soon as possible.

"The essential employees working at Amazon fulfillment centers, AWS data centers, and Whole Foods Market stores across the country who cannot work from home should receive the COVID-19 vaccine at the earliest appropriate time," writes Clark.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just found out tonight that my mom and stepdad have appts for the rona vacines this Thursday at in new richmond wi and follow up 28 days  later.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of my best friends is 76 years old.  He has diabetes and has controlled it with diet pretty good.  He is a twice cancer survivor.  He goes to Sanford in Sioux Falls for his doctoring and they do a great job with him.  His Dr. said make sure you don't get Covid.  He is very careful and has been waiting for a call from them to come and get his Covid shot.  A buddy of ours who was in the service sort of went and got his in SD the other day.  He went awol twice and kind of got kicked out of the military.  My friend called Sanford and talked to his Drs. Nurse.  They said he has to get his shot in MN. even though Sanford has shots available.  They told him to call our Dept of Health and bug the heck out of them.   How screwed up is that?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I gather minnesota is really effed up. :confused: :pouty:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Turns out VA is doing vaccinations

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
In "waiting room" to sign up wife for state lottery.  I guess I will put my name in  too and see if i save a drive to Fort Snelling

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I gather minnesota is really effed up. :confused: :pouty:
Oh what a shock that is.  :doofus: :pouty: :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife came home with a number I could call in our area to get a shot if you are over 65.  They are going to call back.  ????

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and now there is a new strain from Brazil here in Mn..  someone from here traveled there and came back here with it.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Might just be the state lottery for shots.   Can also do it at
https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/

Any time today, you can sign up and then they will pick names from the bucket of walz contributors or at random, whichever you choose to believe.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Might just be the state lottery for shots.   Can also do it at
https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/

Any time today, you can sign up and then they will pick names from the bucket of walz contributors or at random, whichever you choose to believe.
I just saw that all the slots are full.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked into Iowa's program just a bit earlier today & they won't be starting to vaccinate the new expanded group, 65 & older, until they believe they have enough vaccine on hand that they'll need. That was according to The Des Moines Register.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
It's going to get crazy and we're going to keep hearing.
Come on Biden's only been a week!  A month, 4 months 12 months.................................................. :bs: 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on Biden's only been a week!  A month, 4 months 12 months.................................................. :bs:
yea well your guy trump had like 9-10 months........... :rolleyes: :evil:....just sayin!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on Biden's only been a week!  A month, 4 months 12 months.................................................. :bs: 7
yea well your guy trump had like 9-10 months........... :rolleyes: :evil:....just sayin!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
IKR. Now its Bidens turn! 🤭
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on Biden's only been a week!  A month, 4 months 12 months.................................................. :bs: 7
IKR. Now its Bidens turn! 🤭
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea i'm sure he's gonna get'r done. :crazy: :pouty: kinda like king walz!!!! :crazy: :crazy: why my 84 year old mom with a pacemaker and other things has to go to wisconsin. :confused: :scratch: :doah: she stopped yesterday at her pharmacy where she gets her meds........all they got right now is taking name and phone number. told her they dont know when they'll get the vacine!!!! :doofus:

and this lottery thing........what happened to the elders with prexisitng conditions!!!! :doah: :embarrassed:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
A little humor with what is going on.  Some ingenuity.

These neighbors adjusted their fence so they could enjoy a beer together with social distance

But, I don't think they are in MN or WI.
« Last Edit: January 01/26/21, 11:36:44 AM by GrandpaTom »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Best Thing and Worst Thing About Wearing a Mask

Best thing... Wearing a mask when you walk outside in freezing temperatures.  I have to admit...  It's kinda nice.  :happy1:

Worst thing... Wearing a mask into a public restroom where someone is taking a dump.   :moon::puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does it absorb the smell?  LOL  Well I got a call from our local hospital/clinic today.  I am on their list to get a covid shot when they get some in along with lots of other people I am sure.  Over 65 was their criteria too.  I asked do you have any idea when that will be?  She said no idea.  When they send us vaccine we will call you. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well there you go, check's in the mail.  I got a letter from the VA indicating the same thing "we will let you know".  Doesn't help much but it's nice to know they are thinking about you. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Pops got his first round shot at the VA on Saturday,  him and Ma are both late 70's but since he's not 50% disabled she has to wait. In my mind 49% should qualify..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pops got his first round shot at the VA on Saturday,  him and Ma are both late 70's but since he's not 50% disabled she has to wait. In my mind 49% should qualify..
I agree boober, at that age disabled it not she should get the shot.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Especially living in the same home and being his wife.  Come on, get with it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got the letter from the VA too..  just going to sit and wait for the call..  heck it's been how many months already...   just sayin................
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :oops1: Wrong thread!! :doofus: :doah: :bonk:
« Last Edit: January 01/27/21, 08:15:17 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, that 81 year old buddy of mine should get his COVID shot now. Come to find out Monday he had a spell, fell off his exercise bike and broke his arm when it landed on top of him. Took him to Owatonna where they routed him on to Rochester and decided to put in a pacemaker. This is the same guy who had a spell about a year ago at our car club Christmas party. Damn exercise bikes are dangerous!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
on the news last nite talking about the shots, they said AFTER  the 2nd shot you need to wait 10-14 days before it is the most effective. think it was the good question segment where they where asking when it was safe to go see and hug loved ones.

the pessamistic side of me pretty much decided the gubment dont want this to ever end. i'm so effin sick of this political  :bs: :bs: :angry2:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
on the news last nite talking about the shots, they said AFTER  the 2nd shot you need to wait 10-14 days before it is the most effective. think it was the good question segment where they where asking when it was safe to go see and hug loved ones.

the pessamistic side of me pretty much decided the gubment dont want this to ever end. i'm so effin sick of this political  :bs: :bs: :angry2:

Yeah, study data doesn't come fast enough.  In the early effectivity testing, they didn't look to gather data to answer all the questions we now have.

If I get the shot, can I take off my mask?  Hug grandma?  No, you still might be able to get it and be a carrier.

How long does the immunization last?  Don't know.

When you going to find out?  (* crickets *)