Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503306 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Might just be the state lottery for shots.   Can also do it at
https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/

Any time today, you can sign up and then they will pick names from the bucket of walz contributors or at random, whichever you choose to believe.
I just saw that all the slots are full.

Yeah they say that and everyone went on waiting list then they picked at random, supposedly, from the waiting list.  Not me or wife.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Just heard on the news that the Chinese now believe the virus can survive longer in a person's GI tract & are now starting to test for that using anal swabs! :doah:                             
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Just heard on the news that the Chinese now believe the virus can survive longer in a person's GI tract & are now starting to test for that using anal swabs! :doah:                           

Ok I'm ready to go in for a test now!!  :sleazy:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: It's GOOD to dream, Leech~~!!  :sleazy: More likely to be Nurse Ratched's twin sister. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: It's GOOD to dream, Leech~~!!  :sleazy: More likely to be Nurse Ratched's twin sister. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Stay out of my dang dreams!!  :angry2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Looks like Wisconsin is going to tell Ewers to stick his mask mandate where the sun don't shine. :shocked: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Wisconsin is going to tell Ewers to stick his mask mandate where the sun don't shine. :shocked: :scratch:

Good idea!  Then they can pull it back out and test it for COVID.   :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well they are saying in China that this thing can live in intestines, so they are going to do anal swabs!!!  I'll bet they will be lining up for that!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya right.  The line forms in the rear.  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya right.  The line forms in the rear.  LOL
there ya LPS you have it figured out!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of the line....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They have just announced that J & J's vaccine has tested to be 72% effective here in the US but only 57% in South Africa against the new variant there. They plan on applying for FDA approval as soon as next week. J & J's is a 1 shot dose. So, assuming availability is the same for all 3 vaccines, if given a choice which would you rather have? :scratch: :confused:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Easy choice for me. None of them.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
They have just announced that J & J's vaccine has tested to be 72% effective here in the US but only 57% in South Africa against the new variant there. They plan on applying for FDA approval as soon as next week. J & J's is a 1 shot dose. So, assuming availability is the same for all 3 vaccines, if given a choice which would you rather have? :scratch: :confused:

Pfizer.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I want the good one even if it means I need 2 shots.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I doubt many will have a choice other than choosing not to be vaccinated. I got the Modern and will get my second dose next Wednesday. I was feeling good about it but now, with all the variants, I don't know. Things don't seem to be getting a whole lot better. At least my Gamestop did well....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I doubt many will have a choice other than choosing not to be vaccinated. I got the Modern and will get my second dose next Wednesday. I was feeling good about it but now, with all the variants, I don't know. Things don't seem to be getting a whole lot better. At least my Gamestop did well....

I'm pretty sure down the road most employers will make their employees get the shot or not work.  Wait for it!  :undecided:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm pretty sure down the road most employers will make their employees get the shot or not work.  Wait for it!  :undecided:
That is what I am afraid.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they will say "it's to keep America safe".................

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

That is what I am afraid.

Why are you afraid?     

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he prefers not to have if if you read back some

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fortunate that I call my own shots (no pun intended) but if it gets me back into Canada sooner eventually, I'm down with getting the vaccination. As far as for around here, not so sure it's necessary especially if it's discovered I've already had it. Unfortunately as I'm told, the antigen tests aren't super reliable and likely more than one is needed to feel confident if you've had it. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah the Canada thing is another issue. Btu I have not been there in over 10 years so I guess that is not the end of the world. And Del, I do not want to get the shot. I am concerned the with the speed of it. Who is to say that 5-10 years down the road all kinds of people start getting cancer or some other disease from it. Not a fan of flu shots either.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess it is up to you.   I am not aware of any vaccine that caused long term problems, but I guess it is possible.    There have been false alarms like swine flu vaccine, and some that didn't work very well like the lyme disease vaccine.   

But I grew up in the era when there was only the smallpox vaccine.    Fortunately I didn't get polio before the vaccine but I know guys that did.    I did get mumps, chickenpox, several kinds of measles, and so on. 

In the case of Covid, if you get it and aren't old you probably won't die, but there is a chance it will cause permanent damage, and that chance is bigger than some hypothetical long term issue with vaccine, from what I can tell.     

There is a lot of bovine excrement flying around the internet and the TV.      I don't believe most of it, myself.   Remember a lot of it was during the campaign, when the pandemic and stuff was a big political issue.    I personally think the FDA stalled until after the election. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I want the good one even if it means I need 2 shots.
More about timing for me especially with all the new strains now so it'll be whatever's available 1st for me.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There have been some adverse reactions to the vaccine. Some elderly with underlying conditions in care centers reputedly were given the vaccine and died a short time later. It worked tho. At least they didn't get COVID!  :bonk:

I got chicken pox & mumps but have been vaccinated for measles, tetanus, yellow fever, typhoid, smallpox & polio. Probably accidentally for types B&C clostrdium perfringens & ovine ecthyma while I was it!  :happy1:

If you want the vaccine and are eligible I'd say by all means get it. At this point, I find playing the kill grandma card or belittling those who don't want it as part of the problem. Personally, if it comes available and I'm eligible I'll probably do it as travel outside the country is very much a possibility.  At this point though, I'm not going to do like some who are stomping their feet and having a tantrum even though they're not at great risk. In my case there are so many more people who should be ahead of me I can be patient and keep doing what I have to avoid exposure.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I know some have wondered how it is that I got the vaccine. I jumped through some hoops to be considered an "essential caregiver" so I could visit my mom at the care center. It turned out that they got more doses than they could use for residents and staff. Rather than destroy the extra doses they offered myself and a few others the chance to get the shot. The call came out of the blue and I had to head right over there. Fortunate I guess. But I would prefer to have mom be her old self and not to have this opportunity.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never wondered roony, and good for you!!!   :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Back from VA with an arm full of Pfizer.     Shoot the juice to me bruce.   Put a gallon in me allen...   

Fortunately the weather apocalypse didn't happen at least not yet.