Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503491 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds scary as heck to me Leech.  Have you talked to your Dr. about it?  I was told by my eye Dr. that pieces of plaque breaking off in your blood stream in the brain can make you have a shot of light in your eyes.  ???

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds scary as heck to me Leech.  Have you talked to your Dr. about it?  I was told by my eye Dr. that pieces of plaque breaking off in your blood stream in the brain can make you have a shot of light in your eyes.  ???

Yep, that's where this part came in "was told they were stress related"
Blood spots "floaters" are a different thing.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll betcha he gets re-elected.

... Some things have to fundamentally change and I'm not optimistic.

We are still 20 months away from the election, and there is surely much that will happen between now and then which will determine the election.

• The real cost of the state's Covid response will be known by then.  We'll know how many businesses failed and how much are taxes were raised.
  • Based on the way the Chauvin case is being botched in the media just weeks before the trial, I can't believe that any outcome will result in the people unanimously believing justice was served.  Walz's response to that crisis will be remembered.
  • And we will be two years into a federal government dominated by liberal ideology and policy.  Depending on how all that goes, some "swing" states may slew back the other direction, but Minnesota is usually last in catching up to that trend.
Good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'll betcha he gets re-elected.
I guess anything is possible, but he's pissed off alot of people just with the rona, then add in his stance on the wolf season, mining and the pipeline. :confused: and that's just off the top of my noggin.

As far as SD, meh, different state different issues. Been there enough, talked to enough residents, not as rosy as one thinks.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
And the second highest per capita covid rate in the US, only surpassed by ND!

Cases yes. Death rate no.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html
  8th worst state for deaths per capita.
Would be worse if not for Minnesota health care facilities coming to the rescue.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Mine were/still are occasionally, white flashes.    I think it is vitreous detachment.   affects geezers.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
And the second highest per capita covid rate in the US, only surpassed by ND!

Cases yes. Death rate no.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html
  8th worst state for deaths per capita.
Would be worse if not for Minnesota health care facilities coming to the rescue.
Why do you think that is roony. So many Bluers aren't following the leader they Voted for advise?  :bonk: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So today I read the CEO of one if the pharma companies expect rona shots every year and people with type O blood are way less likely to get the rona.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The new flu. Covid is like herpes, it's forever now. And I am type O.  :happy1: Hope that is true.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The new flu. Covid is like herpes, it's forever now. And I am type O.  :happy1: Hope that is true.
yea me too!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here. And I take my quinine therapy very seriously... :drinking:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:reporter; ...The New York Times Breaking News.....The New York Times Breaking News
Virus Variant in Brazil Infected Many Who Had Already Recovered From Covid-19
Carl Zimmer 1 hr ago

:coffee: ...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/virus-variant-in-brazil-infected-many-who-had-already-recovered-from-covid-19/ar-BB1e8p16?li=BBnb7Kz

« Last Edit: March 03/02/21, 10:35:45 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is Carl, Andrew Zimmers brother? 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I got an email from my sister on Tuesday that she'd finally got the BIL an appt but it was in Albert Lea at WM. Couldn't get 1 at Hy Vee, Walgreens, or WM in Austin though as she'd been trying for 2 weeks. On a wim, thought I'd check at WM in GR yday & after asking if I was > 65 it looked to me that I had my pick of times for today, if I wanted. So we're gonna wait to do it there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Got our first one, Moderna, at Walmart in GR two weeks ago.  No wait except to answer all the questions about age, insurance coverage, Doctors name, etc. because there was no line it went smoothly, except there aren’t many signs, just 8 1/2” x 11” sheets with small print raped to the pharmacy windows. It’s the windows on the left as you face the pharmacy area.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
President Biden didn't care for Texas and Mississippi going mask free.

Biden told reporters it "a big mistake" that some governors are loosening COVID-19 restrictions on Wednesday, adding, "The last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking."

At least they're not "rocks and cows" (?).    :confused:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
President Biden didn't care for Texas and Mississippi going mask free.

Biden told reporters it "a big mistake" that some governors are loosening COVID-19 restrictions on Wednesday, adding, "The last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking."

At least they're not "rocks and cows" (?).    :confused:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked again yday later on & it now asks if I was a teacher or worked in daycare too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got our first one, Moderna, at Walmart in GR two weeks ago.  No wait except to answer all the questions about age, insurance coverage, Doctors name, etc. because there was no line it went smoothly, except there aren’t many signs, just 8 1/2” x 11” sheets with small print raped to the pharmacy windows. It’s the windows on the left as you face the pharmacy area.
:scratch: Did you have an appt?

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. We made appointments about a week in advance. We could have gotten in earlier, but had other things on our schedule.
We had looked at other places a couple weeks earlier, but ran into situations where we couldn’t get two appointments close together. The Walmart appointments were 10 minutes apart.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just called the VA in Alex and got my shot lined up for next Monday..  could have gotten it Thursday but that was the madera shot, Monday's will be the J & J shot..  one and done..   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just called the VA in Alex and got my shot lined up for next Monday..  could have gotten it Thursday but that was the madera shot, Monday's will be the J & J shot..  one and done..   :happy1:
well let us know if you have side affects like turning into a bigfoot, or grow a 3rd arm or leg  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well let us know if you have side affects like turning into a bigfoot, or grow a 3rd arm or leg  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :confused:

will do!!  but if I could ask for a side affect I'd ask for the circulation back to normal in my legs!!  oh well!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good for you mikey!  :happy1: Someone was trying to tell me to sign up for the recent round of shots in Waseca Co. even though I'm several years shy of 65. Kinda pissed me off. I'd feel pretty low if I cut in line only to find out someone 65 or older couldn't get one & then got sick because I was being greedy.  :embarrassed: Like the "one and done" idea. Just hope Canada & the US get their act together and allow travel w/proof of vaccination. Works for livestock & pets.  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/21, 11:09:50 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just released by the cdc: 

CDC: Fully vaccinated people can be together indoors without masks, distancing
The CDC on Monday released new guidance for fully vaccinated people.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
This is going to get interesting... :popcorn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gottlieb has been talking about this for a week or so. They knew people who have been fully vaccinated were going to go see family members they have not seen in a year or more anyway. So it was useless to make guidelines nobody was goin to follow beside it destroys any trust with the DPH that anyone may still have.