Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503448 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm making green G&T's!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally figured their system out & managed to get an appt to get poked early next week. :happy1:
I’m glad to hear that. I had mentioned it to my wife when you were having a problem getting an appointment. She told me a few minutes ago that they are wide open for appointments on the 23rd. Sometimes she’s like a bulldog taking care of stuff.  That’s both a blessing and a curse.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've been on my wifes butt to call her clinic to see if she is eligible. she goes to a different clinic then i but still under the centracare umbrella.

she called today..and still not eligible. even with 2 hip replacements, 2 knee replacements, the MRSA infection and ultimate replacement of one of those replaced hips, high blood pressure......still not eligable.  :scratch: :scratch:

as a last resort...i told her to tell them that your married to me.  :bow: :surrender:  :pouty: :pouty: that still didnt work!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/17/21, 01:02:51 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The whole trick was to check in the middle of the night. :doofus: :bonk: They didn't open the 23rd for appts until after they were done with all of 'em on the 16th & that wasn't available online until 12:01 am today. I know as I started to set mine up at 12:06 am.  :crazy: The day prior all but a few late afternoon times were taken by  8-8:30.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally figured their system out & managed to get an appt to get poked early next week. :happy1:
I’m glad to hear that. I had mentioned it to my wife when you were having a problem getting an appointment. She told me a few minutes ago that they are wide open for appointments on the 23rd. Sometimes she’s like a bulldog taking care of stuff.  That’s both a blessing and a curse.
:happy1: I was on a mission too! :taz: Needed to get it done now & up here. We're not usually back in Iowa for a month at a time again now until November. With the weather getting nicer there'll be more seasonal people showing up around here plus more people are eligible for the vaccine as well as a lot of the CV-19 restrictions being eased.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: I was on a mission too! :taz: Needed to get it done now & up here. We're not usually back in Iowa for a month at a time again now until November. With the weather getting nicer there'll be more seasonal people showing up around here plus more people are eligible for the vaccine as well as a lot of the CV-19 restrictions being eased.
dont they have a special formula for iowegians though!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :confused: :sleazy: :smoking: :mooning: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So...I signed up to get my name on the list for my shots.
I got an email saying that I can get it now. I followed all the prompts to get the shots till the very last screen.... I would have to travel to Burnsville, Rochester, Mankato, St. Paul or St. Cloud to get it.

Would you travel over an hour and a half to get the shots?  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I would, just to get it done.  When you get there they should be ready to do it so shouldn't be much lag time.  AND this is just my absolutely biased opinion.  Why not get the shot?  I hope everyone I know and that all of their families can get them too!  I get my second one tomorrow and so does the wife and we feel great about it.  Of course we are in the group being real careful.  Haven't eaten out since last March.  Looking forward to eating out.  I miss the Super Buffet in Bemidji.  Asian buffet.  Pretty darn good! 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Maybe I would, just to get it done.  When you get there they should be ready to do it so shouldn't be much lag time.  AND this is just my absolutely biased opinion.  Why not get the shot?  I hope everyone I know and that all of their families can get them too!  I get my second one tomorrow and so does the wife and we feel great about it.  Of course we are in the group being real careful.  Haven't eaten out since last March.  Looking forward to eating out.  I miss the Super Buffet in Bemidji.  Asian buffet.  Pretty darn good!
I want the shots, but it's a long way from where I'm at, plus work a full time job.... it's a toss up...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I got an email saying that I can get it now. I followed all the prompts to get the shots till the very last screen.... I would have to travel to Burnsville, Rochester, Mankato, St. Paul or St. Cloud to get it.

How far is the Cemetery away?  :scratch:   ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just scheduled mine, for next Thursday, April 1. I have to drive to the hospital in paynesville. About 30 miles.

HD, don't you work in the big city? Are you able to coordinate around that?? From what I'm reading there doing these shots in centralized areas and not every nook and cranny clinic. :scratch: :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

1/2 a mile...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I would not travel that far HD. I should be eligible. I dunno how old you are but I'm probably gonna wait until the shots become more readily available rather than travelling too far. I'd like to do the J&J shot if possible. Diddling around with two shots might be tougher to squeeze in. The exception might be if it coincided with a WMD or other toy purchase. Also if it were suddenly decided that Canada or other venue would require it say for Crop Tour. Sooner might be better than later in those scenarios. Otherwise, we're heading into the time of year my person to person contact is at a minimum. Don't run across a lot of folks out running around corn and soybean fields in spring and summer. I do less eating out as I grill more and spend a lot of time outside whether I want to or not.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

1/2 a mile...
  Well at least you'll save time and gas there!  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Got my 1st shot today @ Walmart in GR. When I registered the lady I talked to told me that the majority of the people getting the vaccine on Monday were from the TC's. Even from the north metro that's almost a 3 hour drive 1 way. Granted some may be retired & seasonal in this area anyway so they may not do the return trip right away. It does speak however to how much easier it is to get it done up here though. Where's your closest Walmart HD? Check with them for an appt, especially very early in the morning. It looked to me that they add another day to their appt calendar everyday @ 12:01 AM the next day. Just put Covid -19 vaccine registration in the search & follow the prompts.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I would.  Go for it.  Of course, on your way back they will call from next door to tell you to come in ang get a shot.  :confused:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :oops1: I did some checking & most of the Walmart pharmacies in your area now say they are out of vaccine.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 09:34:29 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Alllllllrightttyyyyyyy.....I'm signed up....first shot is March 31st....in St.Cloud  :banghead:

Hour and a half from work...guess It's worth a shot.... :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 07:16:12 PM by HD »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Alllllllrightttyyyyyyy.....I'm signed up....first shot is March 31st....in St.Cloud  :banghead:

hope ya get the J&J one and get it done in one like I lucked out and got.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I sure hope so Mikey.....I really don't care for this shot crap.... oh well, it is what it is....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

1/2 a mile...

So? Did you sign up yet Leech?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

let me know when, i can come and hold your hand. :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: or else you can buy me a beer. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you HD.  When it is done it won't matter how far you had to drive.  You would drive further for other things so this is just a good thing to get done. 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

1/2 a mile...

So? Did you sign up yet Leech?
I work at a school. So yes I'm privileged.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 08:58:26 PM by Leech~~ »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We love the Super Buffet too. I don't think we have been to Bemidji to shop in over a year.  :scratch: Can't remember for sure. Guess I am in the minority here. But we are going to go no where near the vaccine. You all can have ours. Like it is said personal preference. And we prefer not too. MY understanding to is this is going to become an annual thing. You are going to need a booster shot every year. Going to be just like the flu shot.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh how i hear you JB. i'm doing the shot this time for 2 reasons.....to be part of that % to ease up on restrictions......AND to tell them to eff off with masks....... once i hit that 2 week threshold after shot #2.......masks are a thing of the past for me. they give you a card that proves you got the shot..i'll wear that thing out sticking it in peoples faces if i have to!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually we got a card yday after the 1st shot & we were told to be sure to bring it along when we get the last one. My thinking too, I just want things to start looking somewhat normal again. Got the flu shot for the 1st time this year too after some encouragement from my PCP. I wanted the Shingles as well but he said the Pneumonia 1 was a good idea too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i get the  Pneumonia shot and got the shingles shot..........not doing the flu shot and havent in a lot of years.