Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 501516 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
63+ here. Still growing the food & helping others do same. & glenn's buddy Obama still sucks!  :rotflmao:

But closing a Dairy Queen? That's enough to piss off Batman!  :shocked:
The tipping point was when they couldn't train Glenn to make that little curlycue on top.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
63+ here. Still growing the food & helping others do same. & glenn's buddy Obama still sucks!  :rotflmao:

But closing a Dairy Queen? That's enough to piss off Batman!  :shocked:

Attaway Dotch, not to mention all the farmers you are talking off their little silo platforms. I do have one concern though, Is it true that all the pine trees going into your favorite drink are causing the lumber shortage?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there are 3 fast food places in Long prairie and DQ is the only not letting folks inside...  drive thru only.....  and they are still busy...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

The tipping point was when they couldn't train Glenn to make that little curlycue on top.

Dang roony, that's a great idea for a young guy like glenn. Make some extra cash and get all the free cones he wants while helping out his community!  :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/02/21, 01:30:01 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :rotflmao: what a bunch of comedians. :doofus: :rotflmao:

I was thinking of doing some charity work with unwed mothers.... Like getting them started. :sleazy: :smoking: :rolleyes: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Problem is, they are paying to good not to work. We can't get anyone to answer our adds for workers. We are working 6-7 days a week because we don't have enough workers. Your going to see many more businesses closing down because of lack of workers.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and that is the truth..... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said our titless government needs to step in and shut down the free crap.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We gave Culver's another try last weekend.  It was windy and cool out.  I ordered the beef pot roast dinner.  She said we have to sit outside.  No inside dining until 4 since they can't find anyone to work that shift to clean tables.  SO after a minute or two of being cold outside we went and sat in the truck.  All of the seats, booths etc were completely empty.  They said with noone to bus tables they can't let us sit inside.  ???????  Like I said we thought we would give them another chance.   :confused:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We gave Culver's another try last weekend.  It was windy and cool out.  I ordered the beef pot roast dinner.  She said we have to sit outside.  No inside dining until 4 since they can't find anyone to work that shift to clean tables.  SO after a minute or two of being cold outside we went and sat in the truck.  All of the seats, booths etc were completely empty.  They said with noone to bus tables they can't let us sit inside.  ???????  Like I said we thought we would give them another chance.   :confused:
Sounds like another opportunity Glenn.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Glenn could bus tables.  I am sure that would be delightful!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Glenn could bus tables.  I am sure that would be delightful!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh yeah, you have no idea!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 I'm sure I'd make a killing on tips. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Dotch put this up.  :rotflmao: was on the side of a bar in Royalton.

:scratch: not sure if it is readable, but it says.
Convict
Our
Villain
Idiotic
Democrats.
« Last Edit: June 06/13/21, 04:12:15 PM by glenn57 »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Dotch put this up.  :rotflmao: was on the side of a bar in Royalton.

:scratch: not sure if it is readable, but it says.
Convict
Our
Villain
Idiotic
Democrats.
Saw that. We go through Royalton just about every weekend on the way to the campground. 😄

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my wife went down to monticello to her friends house on saturday, then went to Blaine days. her friend told her there is a rumor floating around that the cold spring bakery might be shutting down.  :confused: :doah: BECAUSE they cant hire people. i have no clue how true this is but..................

the DQ is open now but the drive thru only. like from 10 t0 4??? :doofus: no food or fancy stuff just ice cream.

if i remember hearing or reading this right i believe this extra unemployment money ends in AUG. it better........time the politicians quit handing out money and get these lazy tards back to work!!!!!!!!! :confused: training-087 training-087 :banghead:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
DQ is drive thru in Long Prairie too, burger king and McD open dining

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No indoor dining at Culvers in Bemidji till after 4.  No help to bus the tables.  In Bemidji it has been this way long before covid.  Lazy kids.  Mom and Dad are evidently giving them money so they don't have to work. 
« Last Edit: June 06/28/21, 09:29:27 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and the state....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :confused: :doofus: it's really mind boggling. I know I'm purty near ancient, but back in high school I was throwing 50 and 100 lb feed sacks around at the feed mill for $1.00 an hour. And I thought I had the world by the  :moon: when I got a quarter raise.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You got that right Glenn.  I was always trying to make money as a kid.  I always wanted to buy something. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was 14 when I got my first part time job....  never ever got unemployment...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I had 2 jobs when I was a junior in HS. Janitor at Red Owl before school & pumped gas at the Clark station after. I started working at my uncles grocery store when I was 11, making $5-$10/week. Did draw quite a bit of UE when I was makin tractors & working on the golf course though.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I was 14 when I got my first part time job....  never ever got unemployment...

Same here mike.  Paper route at 13, then McDonalds, dishwasher at Bridgeman's on and on until I finally made Mfg Supervisor at two different plants without college by working bottom up. 
I was having a discussion with a black guy about poor black people in the cities.  I told him I was born in the cities and why can't black people work bottom up like I did?  He said, see their you go. Comparing you to others not everyone has what you did!! You mean like showing up to work everyday and doing the job I agreed too?  :scratch:  :bonk: :bonk: 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see now the VA system is man dating all it's employee's to get the shot...  the new way...

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yippy! it's a slippery slope.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, I for one would be happy to go to the VA knowing everyone who will be treating me has been vaccinated.  Maybe it's just me but if the vaccine is 99% effective, why are people still dying of covid.  :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Aren’t a large majority of the people dying unvaccinated?

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So they are saying.
Hey look your bobber is up!