Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508610 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Why do we (society/government) continue to over complicate this.   :confused:

If you want to protect yourself with a vaccine, take the shot.

If you want to protect yourself with a mask, where the mask.

At this point, I can't figure out why there is any talk of mandates anywhere for any reason.

From this point forward, everything SHOULD be a personal decision.  :angry2:
:confused: :pouty: :tut: i dont get it Steve-o...........you coming around here and making sense of this!!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: what the hello is the matter with you!!!!! :evil: :evil: :sleazy: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: What about the kids who will be going to school & can't get the vaccine yet? Even after they can will they be allowed to chose for themselves? I doubt most will make that decision for themselves & they probably shouldn't either IMO.  :crazy: :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:scratch: What about the kids who will be going to school & can't get the vaccine yet? Even after they can will they be allowed to chose for themselves? I doubt most will make that decision for themselves & they probably shouldn't either IMO.  :crazy: :confused:

It's been taken out of their hands (heads?) here. School board just passed decision that ALL kids have to wear masks for the upcoming school year. Mayor just passed another "emergency order" that everyone in the city must be masked up everywhere, except outside. We're back to square #1.
Hope mayor doesn't do an other "emergency order", but I bet it'll be the restaurants again.
Some big time lawyer in the city said last nite on the news he's not sure what the Mayor did is legal... it has to be a state guideline....  :doah:  :censored:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i sure hope someone goes after these clowns that like to push these orders.........even the states........ like Steve-o said at this point it should be a personnal choice.........

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure seems that not much is in this town.  They tend to do whatever they want. I thought an "Emergency Order" was for in time of dire emergencies. Maybe they don't understand that, 'cuz they sure are tossing EO's around a lot. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/18/21, 09:00:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they should just start charging admission to this dog and pony show of a town...  :banghead:

https://kttc.com/2021/08/17/rochester-city-council-not-on-the-same-page-after-mayor-kim-norton-signs-local-emergency-order/

It's an order, yet a bit ago at the store, about 1/3 of people weren't wearing a mask, even though signs were in place mask required. At this point, I gotta agree with everyone else...leave it up TO THE INDIVIDUAL.  I'm sayin to heck with the entire  :censored: thing. This is insane. We'll see what happens when I don't wear one.

« Last Edit: August 08/18/21, 06:55:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's all go to the fair....go to the fair..... :cheerleader: :happybounce:

https://www.kaaltv.com/minnesota-news/minnesota-state-fair-sets-health-guidelines-urges-attendees-to-do-your-part/6211083/?cat=10151

I probably wouldn't have gone to the state fair this year - covid or not. 

And can you predict what the mainstream media stories and government response will be if covid cases go up afterwards?

And what will they say if they don't?   :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I seriously thought of going till they interviewed some gal on the news. She isn't going either, figuring since no fair last year everyone and there brother will be going this year. We usually go to maple Grove then take the bus in but die to driver shortages they dumped a whole crap load of those runs

Next year. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's all go to the fair....go to the fair..... :cheerleader: :happybounce:

https://www.kaaltv.com/minnesota-news/minnesota-state-fair-sets-health-guidelines-urges-attendees-to-do-your-part/6211083/?cat=10151

I probably wouldn't have gone to the state fair this year - covid or not. 

And can you predict what the mainstream media stories and government response will be if covid cases go up afterwards?

And what will they say if they don't?   :scratch:

There will be an in-depth transmission number scenario directly compared to Sturgis , with adjustments for the tremendously larger crowd this year, since there wasn't one last year, and a projection of how long and where it will be before that percentage of us die from attending the fair and creating a huge Delta variant increase opportunity vs what would have happend if we all had worn masks and played patty-cake after washing our hands.  Followed by a Breaking News special that the Taliban accidentally blew up Afghanistan.

And if there isn't? An in-depth special on the mating habits of The Housewives of Beverly Hills.

« Last Edit: August 08/18/21, 08:44:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: now that's a mouthful. :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what sh.......er, never mind.  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what sh.......er, never mind.  :rotflmao:
:angry2: :confused: :cheerleader: :banghead: :taz: there's that seks thing again. :pouty: :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Say what??! Not me! No! Where is yer mind at?  :confused:

Anywho...the mask thing. On local news, businesses here in Dorktown not following Mayor's emergency mask order, and they all stood togeteher on it and refused to be interviewed. Guess everyones isn't starry-eyed in the "#1 city".  :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Say what??! Not me! No! Where is yer mind at?  :confused:

Anywho...the mask thing. On local news, businesses here in Dorktown not following Mayor's emergency mask order, and they all stood togeteher on it and refused to be interviewed. Guess everyones isn't starry-eyed in the "#1 city".  :happy1:
That's what needs to happen. Groups need to stand up to these idiots taken away our civil liberties. At this point it is about nothing but control.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you think some are truly trying to slow down the virus's? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  I am now totally on board with you, Barry. Wasn't before, totally believed in mask thing since Mom died, but I haveta stand up for what I feel is right.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, I do Barry. And nothing wrong with that. The reasons I've flipped and what I don't understand:

1. The vaccine is supposed to keep you safe. (pretty much, anyway)
2. Everyone should have been vaccinated, yet some won't.
    Has to be the same for mask wearing.Personal choice. How far can you legally push this?
3. Here in Olmsted county, home of Mayo, strictest guidelines around, and just about EVERYONE
has gotten a shot. Now, they say we are at the highest danger level of cases we've ever been at 125 per day and rising. So, to me, the masking isn't working. Nothing is. I never really thought it would....best explained by this...

« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 07:47:18 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WELL......for the love of...............that fence wont stop skeeters................ :confused: :shocked: :shocked: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i agree..........they basiclly shut the world down for a good year.....and its still around. its like any other virus..........your never going to eradicate it.......just going to deal with it as best as possible...........
« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 08:30:21 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Rebs really said it good. At the beginning I believed they were really trying to slow down the virus. But as science began to show what they were doing wasn't\isn't working it just became political and all about control of us peasants. When the mask mandates were everywhere the cases were the highest last winter and now they are trying to do it again. The proof is in the pudding. This $hit is here to stay just like the flu is. Going to constantly keep changing. Are we going to wear masks forever. Sure if you choose to, that is personal choice. And that is what it should be. Not gubmint mandated.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And we can't ignore BIG PHARMA and the fact that the CDC and Federal Government went "all in" with them with BIG MONEY.

And because politicians CANNOT admit they are wrong, they are doubling-down.

They won't be happy until they can coerce or mandate everyone to get $$$ vaccines (we each don't pay for our shots, but they ain't free) and boosters till... till... till...  God knows when.  When "we are all safe?!?"   :confused:

YES, YES, YES!  Vaccines do protect people who are vulnerable to covid.

But we keep forgetting the plain fact that 99.99% percent of people under the age of 50 - with no other compromising health conditions -  are NOT vulnerable to covid any more than they would be to the "regular" seasonal flu.   :angry2:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Noticed this AM at ALDI, everyone had a mask on. Then when picking up my prescrip at Wally world (only thing I go there for now) hardly anyone had a mask on, except the employees.....and half of those did NOT have it up over their nose......duh..... :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when i was in st cloud yesterday, i noticed the same thing. i stopped at northern tool and menards. northern tool is right next to Aldi's, most everyone that went in there wore a mask. not so much in northern tool. dont think anyone wore one there.

menards, a few had them on, so did most the employees, BUT.........the way they where wearing them wouldnt of stopped  anything!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
at Aldi's this morning, very few masks, same as yesterday at Costco very few... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
City council voted down Mayor's emergency mask mandate for the city....welcome to the dog and pony show!
Free admission! Popnuts and peacorn! Come one, come all!   :party1:

https://kttc.com/2021/08/19/breaking-rochester-city-council-votes-down-mayors-mask-mandate/

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i see where things just might start turning around...........the past couple days i've seen articles on MSN, not saying the are true, BUT.....there is hope.

one said Biden is not going to pursue additional $300.00 extra unemployment benefits and the other he isnt looking to extend other benefits.....

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Came across this regarding vaccine cards....I must say I approve....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: good one!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: