Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 504082 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's a good one. My oldest son's  family was quite sick the week before Christmas. Since we had elderly and immune compromised people coming here for Christmas, they drove up to the cities and got tested on the 22nd. They did both a quick test and the more reliable deep nasel swab. They were negative on the quick test and were suppose to get results of the other one in 24 to 48 hours. Well, he got the results today...they were positive. Thank God no one that was here got sick. What good do tests do if you don't get results for three weeks? Makes my jaw tight.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's a good one. My oldest son's  family was quite sick the week before Christmas. Since we had elderly and immune compromised people coming here for Christmas, they drove up to the cities and got tested on the 22nd. They did both a quick test and the more reliable deep nasel swab. They were negative on the quick test and were suppose to get results of the other one in 24 to 48 hours. Well, he got the results today...they were positive. Thank God no one that was here got sick. What good do tests do if you don't get results for three weeks? Makes my jaw tight.
figures
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Making the rounds locally as well. Vaxxed, boosted, unvaxxed, masked, unmasked, it doesn't seem to care. Pretty mild for the most part according to those who have had it. Most describing it like a mildly annoying cold. Must be or they wouldn't be ice fishing, splitting wood, hauling grain or otherwise carrying on like normal. I must be about due for some immunotherapy tonite meself... :drinking: :whistling:
I think that most people that think they have a cold and got the shot really have the Rona.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Talked to a realtor yday who said he knows quite a few people with it down here too, but most of those said they had pretty bad sore throat with theirs. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Da Flurona.  :scratch: :confused: :doofus:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Da Flurona.  :scratch: :confused: :doofus:
Getting two viruses at the same time?  That has been around since the beginning of the pandemic.

The flu-flu didn't go away just because of Covid, but there were Zero cases of flu-flu in 2020?  :confused:

That's because they were only checking Covid and no one was going to the doctor unless it was absolutely necessary.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that CNN says what I and many have said for the last 1-1/2 years. Now it is no longer a conspiracy.  :angry2:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-shifts-covid-narrative
I know, I know you antiFoxers won't read it even though there many quotes from CNN. Goes right along with the other article that Steve posted yesterday.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a friend whose otherwise healthy, thirty-six year-old nephew died of a heart attack 2 days after receiving a vaccination shot.  :scratch: :cry:

The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) documents reports of over 10,000 deaths from covid vaccines.  (I don't know the date of the article I saw.  It could be many more by now.  I don't know.)

Spin Doctors say that compared to the overall doses of vaccine administered, that death rate is a ridiculously small percentage, something like 0.002%.  But that is not the correct way to look at it.

If this was an acne treatment for teenagers and there were just 50 deaths, do you think the FDA would allow its continued usage?  :confused:

I don't deny that the vaccines have saved countless lives of those at high risk of dying from covid when they were first introduced.  Statistics - even the skewed statistics from the government, CDC, and hospitals that received federal payments for every covid patient they treated - bear out that fact.

But not everyone is at high risk of dying from covid.  This mandate stuff, and conditions of employment, and all the school closings have got to stop.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that CNN says what I and many have said for the last 1-1/2 years. Now it is no longer a conspiracy.  :angry2:

I know, I know you antiFoxers won't read it even though there many quotes from CNN. Goes right along with the other article that Steve posted yesterday.

From the article...

Conservative pundit Bethany Mandel, a contributing writer to Deseret News and editor of the book publisher Heroes of Liberty, feels the sudden pivot is the result of high-profile liberals, such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and CNN's Pamela Brown and Ana Navarro testing positive for the virus. Mandel feels that once CNN staffers and their friends caught the virus, the liberal network wouldn’t paint a positive test as a sign of moral failing any longer.

"It was one thing when Florida Republicans were getting it, and they were irresponsible or whatever. But now AOC is getting it in Florida, and she’s going to be fine. She’s young, she’s healthy, and she’s vaccinated. That’s what matters," Mandel added.

OR

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: someone posted an article over on that other site something similar..........

if or when someone went to the hospital for a broken leg, or anything requiring medical attention, tested they had the rona it was  considered a rona hospitilazation!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :doofus:

yea this needs to stop!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: if ya got a severe case. i get it......... but when you go in for medical care and an alternative test comes up they have a virus........
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news! biden is rolling out 500 million home covid test kits....

since biden dropped the ball on his promise to end covid,some see this new test kit as a positive.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

if or when someone went to the hospital for a broken leg, or anything requiring medical attention, tested they had the rona it was  considered a rona hospitilazation!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :doofus:

I don't like getting too involved in these threads but I don't see this as true working in the hospitals (though I'm sure it's happened here and there). I've also been on the receiving end and can say its not true as well. 

If a hospital or clinic tests you (which is required for in-patients and surgeries) and you test positive, sure, they are going to mark you down as a COVID pt as it requires follow-up testing, extra precautions, isolation and so on...so yes, they will seek that payment from the federal government...and label you as a COVID pt.  But (if you came in for knee surgery and are COVID+), you're still admitted and charged for that diagnosis regardless of COVID status...the hospital or clinic is just going to seek additional funds to help cover cost with government mandates that hospitals are required to do for all pt's, but more so with COVID+ ones. You aren't considered a COVID pt hospitalization, you are hospitalized due to (whatever-knee surgery) WITH covid.

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
if or when someone went to the hospital for a broken leg, or anything requiring medical attention, tested they had the rona it was  considered a rona hospitilazation!!!!!!

I don't like getting too involved in these threads but I don't see this as true working in the hospitals (though I'm sure it's happened here and there). I've also been on the receiving end and can say its not true as well. 

If a hospital or clinic tests you (which is required for in-patients and surgeries) and you test positive, sure, they are going to mark you down as a COVID pt as it requires follow-up testing, extra precautions, isolation and so on...so yes, they will seek that payment from the federal government...and label you as a COVID pt.  But (if you came in for knee surgery and are COVID+), you're still admitted and charged for that diagnosis regardless of COVID status...the hospital or clinic is just going to seek additional funds to help cover cost with government mandates that hospitals are required to do for all pt's, but more so with COVID+ ones. You aren't considered a COVID pt hospitalization, you are hospitalized due to (whatever-knee surgery) WITH covid.

Yes, Pulleye, that is a good, rational take.  Certainly hospital administrators want to qualify for all the federal funding they have coming from them, especially when they need to pay for all the federally mandated measures.

The problem comes in where government agencies and news outlets with their own agendas misrepresent legitimate data to better suit their goals.

And given that we are finding out how increasingly hard it is to trust anyone or any agency these days, and given that mainstream media is no longer interested in keeping organizations and people accountable when it goes against the narrative they are trying to push, I wouldn't put it past some hospitals - maybe not the ones you know about here, maybe hospitals in New York or other places - to intentionally fudge their data to make broken leg cases look like Covid hospitalizations.

And all this time the liberal-biased media, and those that take everything they spew as Gospel, have been characterizing critical-thinking, truth-seeking individuals as Tinfoil Hat-Wearing, Right Wing, Nut Jobs who spend their days reading and making up Conspiracy theories in their mom's basement.

Hey, I know the Wing Nut Covid deniers out there, but it is just exasperating that - two years into a world pandemic - it is still so difficult to gather objective data to determine objective facts to make informed policy decisions.

Follow the money.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like if your going to visit venues, bars or restaurants in st Paul and Minneapolis now you'll need proof of vaccination or a negative test??🥴 :pouty:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We were discussing this today. One guy had just taken his folks to the Capital Grill for their Christmas present. These downtown eating establishments were just starting to get back on their feet. However, I dislike the area because Walz, Frey, & Co. policies allowed it go to Hades. As my friend said tho, when it's cold out the gang bangers stay away. As I told him, perception is reality and that's a lesson clowns like the Twin $hitties mayors have yet to learn. I'd thought about returning sometime because I feel bad for those establishments. I really miss some of those little bar and grills in particular. Had some fun times there. Now with all the additional COVID requirements, there's yet another reason for me to stay away. The Canadian border crossing experience left such a bad taste in my mouth I'm not doing all that crap again just for a steak in a nice restaurant. As I've been following discussions on Twitter, it sounds like it'll be a boon for the restaurants in the 'burbs. When the dust settles on this thing, those in charge got some 'splainin' to do. Some of them should be locked up. They keep it up and it might happen.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Up Dotch, I agree. On the news they interviewed a restaurant owners... To say he is unhappy is a total understatement.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bs: Is all that it is. They are not following the science at all like they keep claiming to do. The VACCINATED people get it and spread it just the same as the unvaccinated. So to make policies like that just show that they are power hungry and care nothing about the science.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:bs: Is all that it is. They are not following the science at all like they keep claiming to do. The VACCINATED people get it and spread it just the same as the unvaccinated. So to make policies like that just show that they are power hungry and care nothing about the science.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Couldn't agree more JB,yet these clowns/biden included brow beat the hell outof the unvaxxed every stinking day,called us everything from "inhuman" and despicable.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/quebec-wants-to-tax-the-unvaccinated-but-experts-say-it-could-backfire-1.5737101 Heard something about them trying to stop the unvaccinated from buying alcohol & weed too.  :crazy: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw some stuff attributed to Trudeau on Twitter earlier in the week that sounded eerily reminiscent of loading people into boxcars who didn't conform because their society didn't need them. Let's see, you destroy their businesses, put them in the poorhouse and you expect them to be giddy about it? Wow. Just wow. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw some stuff attributed to Trudeau on Twitter earlier in the week that sounded eerily reminiscent of loading people into boxcars who didn't conform because their society didn't need them. Let's see, you destroy their businesses, put them in the poorhouse and you expect them to be giddy about it? Wow. Just wow.

In the begging 2020 "oh canada" talked about this very thing Dotch,segragate the unvaxxed,herd them up kinda like our country with the japs,concentration camps,far fetched at the time but maybe not now?

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, exactly like the Holocaust down to the smallest detail. :doofus: :doofus:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Unvaccinated West Australians will be banned from the GYM, restaurants and bars - after Mark McGowan warned life is 'set to get very difficult' for them and plans a LONG list of rules

Mark McGowan has warned unvaccinated Western Australians they will be banned from pubs, restaurants, cafes and gyms when the state opens up to the rest of the country on February 5.

The WA premier is this week set to announce tough new restrictions for the state's residents who are yet to get vaccinated against Covid.

Mr MrGowan warned anti-vaxxers life would 'get very difficult' for them when the vaccine passport system launches.

'They won't be able to go to concerts, restaurants, bars, cafes, pubs, fitness centres, gyms — all those things will be restricted.' 

WA recorded three new Covid cases on Monday, but all were already in isolation and  not infectious in the community.

The western state's rules for the unvaccinated are likely to mirror those introduced in Queensland, where anti-vaxxers are barred from pubs, clubs, stadiums and festivals.

'Life is about to get very difficult for you... it's a big encouragement to go and get yourself vaccinated,' Mr McGowan said.

'[The unvaccinated] will be able to work in some limited industries, they'll be able to go to supermarkets and get essential supplies and alike, but a lot of the things we take for granted and the things we enjoy, they won't be able to do and that's because we want to protect them and save their lives, and we want to protect other people from their transmissibility.'

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So much fuss over something that does not even do the job that it was intended to do. This is getting so F____d up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well this is a start.........just read the supreme court shut down bidens vaccine mandate and weekly testing for employers with 100 or more!!!!

but, and this i dont understand, maybe, but left intact the vaccine mandate for "most" healthcare workers in the US,  it did not elaborate in what i read what they refer to as "most". but in the field that is one of the very hardest hit because of the forced mandate.......why???????????????????????????????

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what some were predicting. Was a split decision. Not sure why either.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't mean to be a thumper and some call it all Fairytales, but if they can do it now why not then?  :undecided: 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't mean to be a thumper and some call it all Fairytales, but if they can do it now why not then?  :undecided:
Repent! The end is near!