Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503809 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what some were predicting. Was a split decision. Not sure why either.

Here is a quote from CNN:  "The decision is a huge hit to Biden's attempts to use the power of the federal government to fight the Covid-19 pandemic."  :scratch:

I'm not an English major or anything, but I did pay attention in Civics class.

Shouldn't it read:  "The Supreme Court decision means that Biden ABUSED the power of the federal government to fight the Covid-19 pandemic."   :confused:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw some stuff attributed to Trudeau on Twitter earlier in the week that sounded eerily reminiscent of loading people into boxcars who didn't conform because their society didn't need them. Let's see, you destroy their businesses, put them in the poorhouse and you expect them to be giddy about it? Wow. Just wow.

I don't mean to be a thumper and some call it all Fairytales, but if they can do it now why not then?  :undecided:
Repent! The end is near!
The number that we all cannot buy, sell or hold a job with is already here.  You don't think with open borders and millions of unidentified people pouring over the borders, massive identity thief world wide, world Leaders using their powers to stop pandemic's now and in the future by knowing who has been vaccinated, which is already happening.  That's it's plausible some world leader will want to identify and know who everyone is?   :scratch:  You can take out any 
religious connection.  It's already happening.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Biden's rhetoric isn't quite as inflammatory Trudeau's, but it is every bit as divisive.

'Course, the lefties don't view the president or themselves as being divisive.  Naw, they could never be guilty of that.   :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hopeful that someone would start to understand why some people skate past Covid and for others it becomes a life and death struggle.

Gene more than doubles the risk of becoming severely ill with Covid

Scientists have discovered a gene that more than doubles the risk of becoming severely ill with Covid.   Researchers from the Medical University of Bialystok in Poland found that the gene is the fourth most important factor determining how seriously a person suffers from Covid, after age, weight and gender.  The gene is located on chromosome 3, one of the 23 pairs of chromosomes in humans, and is present in around 14 per cent of the Polish population, compared to 8-9 per cent in Europe as a whole and 27 per cent in India, they say.

Why does this research have to come from other parts of the world.   :confused:

Might it be because if we found out that only 10% of the population was at serious risk for Covid complications, that it would undermine Big Pharma/Government's attempts to repeatedly vaccinate everyone?  :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I :confused: saw a news report and they are pretty sure cannibas prevents Covid. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Every place we stopped yday in Mason City had a sign on the glass at the entrance suggesting customers wear a mask while shopping in their store. Walmart & Aldi's looked to be the only 2 IMO where there were 1/2 or more doing it.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I :confused: saw a news report and they are pretty sure cannibas prevents Covid.
:scratch: :scratch: never heard that yet.

we have a friend with MS, long story short she smokes weed for the MS. she says she does better with that then all the meds she was given. now she hasnt been vaxxed, her hubby is, but she told my wife she thinks she had the rona but didnt get tested, so.........not sure if weed does or not!!

on another note, her hubby tells me once in a while she does some off the wall things........he tells her thats why they call it DOPE, not the smarts!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Every place we stopped yday in Mason City had a sign on the glass at the entrance suggesting customers wear a mask while shopping in their store. Walmart & Aldi's looked to be the only 2 IMO where there were 1/2 or more doing it.
when i started at the grocery store yesterday i noticed 4 employees wearing masks, i didnt see any signs asking to however.  most were not wearing masks. i asked where i should park when i came in, he told me where, i was really surprised the amount of people that actually worked there..........

yea i have seen those signs too, but then i dont get out much or go into alot of different stores either.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a friend who was a barber whose wife had MS too & he said the same thing. Much better than any of the prescriptions. I don't go in many stores here much either but have been in a few since we've been home & didn't notice any signs for wearing masks then.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't see Covid taking the country down. But I do think there could be a deep recession maybe even a depression like in the 1920's.

Everything, absolutely everything is being blamed on Covid related to supply chain shortages. Could it be as simple as price gouging and intentional corporate product shortages?    :confused:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't see Covid taking the country down. But I do think there could be a deep recession maybe even a depression like in the 1920's.

Everything, absolutely everything is being blamed on Covid related to supply chain shortages. Could it be as simple as price gouging and intentional corporate product shortages?    :confused:
nothing would surprise me nowadays!!!!!!! :confused: pretty sad state of affairs actually!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
so.........not sure if weed does or not!!

Yep Our Savoir!   :smoking:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a friend
he dont like you no more??  :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley:
  :tut: :bonk: :banghead: :doah: She passed away & he moved back to where his family is, which is up by Decorah. :pouty: :mooning:
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 10:03:16 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I took a lot of test this past weekend. All good.  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I guess I am ok then.   :sleazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota removes race as a factor for COVID treatment eligibility after pressure

Minnesota removed race as a preferential factor regarding which COVID-19 patients will receive monoclonal antibody treatment last week.

Following controversy, rationing guidance that was updated last Wednesday offers priority for such infusions to people who are immunocompromised or pregnant but did away with a scoring system that took race into account, according to the Star Tribune.

The new move came the same day that health departments in Utah and Minnesota faced potential lawsuits after issuing guidance using race and ethnicity as factors in prioritizing distribution of coronavirus treatments, as first reported by Fox News.

Letters sent last Wednesday by America First Legal (AFL) alleged that both states violated federal law through "blatant discrimination."   :angry2:

The Minnesota Department of Health did not readily explain its change in policy, according to the Tribune, but noted that its policies are constantly reviewed to ensure "that communities that have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 have the support and resources they need."  :bs:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
So, now China is saying Omicon arrived in the mail from Canada.   :rotflmao:

There is no end to the insanity revolving around this. I hope I can be reincarnated in 150 years and read what history has to say about this fiasco.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: aint that the friggin truth!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :pouty:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So, now China is saying Omicon arrived in the mail from Canada.   :rotflmao:

There is no end to the insanity revolving around this. I hope I can be reincarnated in 150 years and read what history has to say about this fiasco.

You had to know this was coming, right?   :confused:

China has been striving for "Zero Covid" for quite some time.  You can only imagine the Draconian measures they are taking to do so.

But still, with press from around the world arriving to cover the games, and we're about to find out how much covid China really has.  So this back story gives them plausible deniability that it was the Canadians who sabotaged the games ahead of time and thwarted the People's Government's attempt to keep China safe and Covid free.
 :bs:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a story last week where they'd just locked down their 2nd town in an attempt to keep the Olympics going. It was another of their bigger port cities too, I believe. The video even showed 'em welding some metal doors shut on a place where they wouldn't comply with the new rules.  :crazy: :pouty: :thumbs:   https://news.yahoo.com/beijing-just-2-weeks-winter-050148742.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
« Last Edit: January 01/17/22, 03:55:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Also heard today they aren't allowing spectators to attend. The US should just stay away. There isn't anything to to gained going over there. The whole Olympic thing is just another money grab, there don't give 2 craps about the athletes.