Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503454 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i seen on the news last night that Minnesota's top infectious disease doctor is retiring  Fe2 2. Kris Ehresman. i figured Malcolm would go first  :scratch: :scratch: it sounded as though she was about to retire when this first started.

this is jusy my opinion but Malcolm staying on is more political then anything, since the repulbicans have threated to fire her???????????????????

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't read this article on-line because the Pioneer Press wants me to subscribe, but the headline says a lot...

Minnesota to pay $275 per hour, or more, for nurses to battle omicron surge

Maybe someone who gets the paper paper can fill in the details.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow! It’s a 40 million contract to Texas-based SLS Health Services  staffing company for 199 nurses. In addition to the $275.00 hourly wage, there is an additional $345.00 per day for food and lodging. It said in the article that they don’t know how much of the $275.00 wage goes to the staffing company?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen on the news down here that the nurses at Mayo have a pettion going around that says they want Mayo to do something about the staffing shortages they have. They mentioned something about getting some triple time too. https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hr/mayo-clinic-health-system-nurses-petition-for-action-on-staffing-challenges.htm
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mom was down at the Mayo for appts on monday and wednesday, neither her nor my brother said anything about any issues????/

she goes back next wed for an MRI!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The article only mentions the Albert Lea, Austin, Fairmont, Lake City, Mankato, & Red Wing clinics, glenn. So I'm not sure Rochester's even included. :confused: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hr/mayo-clinic-health-system-nurses-petition-for-action-on-staffing-challenges.html
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 11:35:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The link in the 1st post didn't work for me when I tried it but the second 1 does. :confused:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
As I recall, nurses were claiming that hospitals were under-staffed BEFORE the pandemic.

I wonder if anyone knows how many nurses lost their jobs because of their vaccination status?   :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As I recall, nurses were claiming that hospitals were under-staffed BEFORE the pandemic.

I wonder if anyone knows how many nurses lost their jobs because of their vaccination status?   :confused:
:confused: :pouty: yea thats a real rocket science problem!!!!! :doah: :doah: take a professional field like nursing thats already short staffed and impose more ridiculous restrictions on it.  :scratch: :doah:

one would think they'd bend over backwards to keep these nurses front and center..............................

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

:confused: :pouty: yea thats a real rocket science problem!!!!! :doah: :doah: take a professional field like nursing thats already short staffed and impose more ridiculous restrictions on it.  :scratch: :doah:

one would think they'd bend over backwards to keep these nurses front and center..............................

Indeed.com says the average hourly wage for registered nurses is about $40.  The bean counters must be in agreement that it is cheaper pay $275 per hour for contract nurses to staff crisis shifts than it is to keep sufficient staff employed year round.

Trouble is...  nurses see this, quit their over-stressed, under-staffed day jobs and wait for contract nursing jobs to open up.  They work fewer hours for more pay AND it looks like they get peridium too!!!  No wonder hospitals have have staffing shortages.

If employers would just do the right thing in the first place - pay a fair market wage in a positive working environment and everything works out fine.

Start mucking with things, like when the gub'mint decided to give everyone an extra $600 to be unemployed - suddenly no one wants to work anymore.   :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea SteveO, I didn't choose to be unemployed nor did the union hall want it either.  :pouty:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I know.  I remember you talking about what a rough decision it was - to the extent you had much of a say in the matter.

Still, it just amazes me at how many jobs are going unfilled and how many companies and business struggle because suddenly there are no workers.

What happened?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where some restaurants in Minneapolis are suing the city and the boy mayor over the new mandate. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya everyone lost their morals and got lazy I think Steve.  I do believe the powers thought they were doing good to limit people to people interaction and of course that meant some real bad things were going to happen.  Now I say keep all store open.  We and I mean business owners can't suffer any longer.  If it turned to be as bad as ebola not many of us would still be here. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:confused: :pouty: yea thats a real rocket science problem!!!!! :doah: :doah: take a professional field like nursing thats already short staffed and impose more ridiculous restrictions on it :doofus: :doah:

:scratch: The pc I linked said the traveling nurses that went where the staffing shortages were the worst were making 4-7K/week, so why shouldn't the ones that have been there all along make a comparable wage.  :confused: :bonk:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Did they lose their job or did they chose to quit instead of doing what their employer asked. :confused: Supply & demand............. simple economics, they should easily be able to find work in that field if they wanted where the conditions of employment are more to their liking. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/22/22, 08:01:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so.i just read a judge in New York just ruled that there mask mandate was unconstitutional....illegal. but yet local mandates can still exist?????

of course there already looking for another judge to overturn it. wonder how this plays out in the rest of the country???? :scratch: :scratch:

now i am by no means an expert in government and laws, maybe just enough knowledge to be dangerous!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

what i dont understand is, its my impression that is a state, or even federal government passes a law, no lower jurisdication can pass a mandate ,law that would  supercede the higher government branch??????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Heard yday that Conneticut was/is doing away with masks & they're talking of it over in the UK too. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been seeing videos from up in Canada. Them Canucks got quite the anti vaccine mandate truckers caravan going on. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Following it on Twitter. I see dat & I agree.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Following it on Twitter. I see dat & I agree.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
sounds like several outlets are trying to downplay the size of this caravan. :confused: :tut: :doah:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Been seeing videos from up in Canada. Them Canucks got quite the anti vaccine mandate truckers caravan going on. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
I don't know, I was told by one Moron on another site it was only dozens, dozens!  :surrender:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know, I was told by one Moron on another site it was only dozens, dozens!  :surrender:   :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: only one??? :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope they stand together for the long haul and put Trudue in his place.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope they stand together for the long haul and put Trudue in his place.
i hope they head south of the border next!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The MSM has done its level best to minimize the protest as it doesn't fit their narrative. However, it's grown to the point where they can't ignore it anymore. Places like Brazil are also seeing similar protests starting in support. And Turdeau is in hiding. He is despised in most of the western provinces.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The MSM has done its level best to minimize the protest as it doesn't fit their narrative. However, it's grown to the point where they can't ignore it anymore. Places like Brazil are also seeing similar protests starting in support. And Turdeau is in hiding. He is despised in most of the western provinces.
i havent seen anything on there????

and i'm hearing fartbook is relly limiting it too. most i heard was tweeter coverage.  but dont go there.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Granted, even Twitter is more concerned about Neil Young & Joni Mitchell pulling their tunes off Spotify in protest of Joe Rogan, whoever he is. There are plenty of vids tho of thousands of not only trucks but pickups and farm tractors being driven in protest of vaccine mandates. People are tiring of governmental overreach all over the globe.

Fox 9 just aired a short segment.

From Twitter:

https://t.co/ZYclZwDBtH

« Last Edit: January 01/30/22, 09:47:25 AM by Dotch »