Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: High School Hockey  (Read 4446 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am not that big of a hockey fan.  Didn't grow up with it in Luverne.  Watching Mahtomedi just spanking Warroad.  5-1 at the end of the second period.  Surprising me.  I worked at Mahtomedi for 11 years so I like both teams.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Isn't the Warroad team kinda the cream of the crop?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
There good but hermantown is the cream of the crop.
« Last Edit: March 03/06/20, 07:34:57 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Germantown?! You make that up? Naa, I think Edina and St. Thomas are the couple top ones....?
« Last Edit: March 03/06/20, 07:26:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Germantown?! You make that up? Naa, I think Edina and St. Thomas are the couple top ones....?
if you know why ya ask. :sleazy: :tut: :rotflmao: there I fixed it. Friggin cute auto correct on phone . :confused: :angry2:

Edina I don't believe is in it, Eden prairie supposed to be the team to beat this year.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You ask all the time, and ya get answers from those trying to help ya! Am I so different? I just posed a question I didn't know!
« Last Edit: March 03/06/20, 08:27:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You ask all the time, and ya get answers from those trying to help ya! Am I so different? I just posed a question I didn't know!
:happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Warpath and Roseau are right up there most years.  Hermantown too.  As well as others.  They interviewed a Hermantown player yesterday and he looked like he was 40 years old.  They get the ringers there.  Hope Mahtomedi can beat them.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watched a little of the Hermantown game against St' Cloud Cathedral yesterday over lunch. Just from that brief exposure Hermantown played a pretty chippy style of hockey complete with tripping and slashing. Ultimately a fight broke out. Been years since I recall a fight at the State Tournament. No place for that at that level.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know on the rare occassions when the CAWchester teams made it there, we usually got creamed by a few of those teams big time. But, we did have some great teams in the early 70's. My school did win the championship in '77 with Scott Lecy on board.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/20, 07:52:16 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a huge grudge with hermantown that they steal all of the good Duluth kids. Same with ,Edina, hill Murray and a few other schools.

That was created by allowing kids to attend schools in districts they don't live in. Back when I first started watching high school hockey the Bloomington schools where the elite teams.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad it got mucked up by some with the big issues and complaints of girls playing on the guys teams. Just can't seem to leave things well enough alone.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know on the rare occassions when the CAWchester teams made it there, we usually got creamed by a few of those teams big time. But, we did have some great teams in the early 70's. My school did win the championship in '77 with Scott Lecy on board.  :happy1:

That was back in the day of the one class tournament where men were men, sorta like the wrestling tournament was. If you won back then you really were badass! Yep Lecy played for JM & went on to play for Bucky & Badger Bob while Eric Strobel who played for Mayo, then played for Herbie at the U.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/20, 10:34:55 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Too bad it got mucked up by some with the big issues and complaints of girls playing on the guys teams. Just can't seem to leave things well enough alone.

Interesting you should bring that up Rebs. Been watching the Big 10 women's BB tournament with curiosity. There are a couple individuals, one playing for Purdue & one for Ohio St. who by all appearances really don't appear to be female. Reading the NCAA rules on this stuff, it's confusing & difficult to determine their true position on trans athletes, particularly males transistioning to female. Now, if the athlete is a lesbian, I get that. Cool. Fine. As long as I can watch... :bonk: but if it's a women's tournament & I don't care what sport it is, if they're not going to require them to play with OEM parts, not so sure I want to continue watching it. What say ye?     
« Last Edit: March 03/07/20, 09:28:29 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Only tranny I wanna watch is a jacked B&M TH 400 mated to a 454 SD.  :cool:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So in other words it should be called the coed league!  What is wrong with people? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So in other words it should be called the coed league!  What is wrong with people?

Because that would make sense!!!  :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Olympic committee divulged a few years ago why they have to see women participants nude to verify they are actually women.  There is a very high percentage of the best women athletes that do have partial mens body parts.  A very high percentage.  If they have too many parts they can't compete.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that went well with my cawfee............ :puke: