Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear hunt applications available  (Read 1543 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Bear hunt applications available
Prospective bear hunters have until Friday, May 1, to apply for a bear hunting license. Applications for the 2020 season should be submitted online or via telephone at 888-665-4236.

A total of 3,575 licenses are available in 13 permit areas. Bear licenses cost $44 for residents and $230 for nonresidents, and there is a $5 application fee. The season is open from Tuesday, Sept. 1, through Sunday, Oct. 18.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: did mine lady Friday under the 99 option. Keeps ya in line for preference points. It will be 4-5 years before I get drawn anyway.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Since this is about bears I thought I would post this from our drive the other day.  This is what the DNR does so bears don't chew up the signs.  Click on it so you can see all of the spikes they pound into the signs.  Bears also like the plastic stop signs and arrow signs on snowmobile trails.  When I maintained trails we were always changing signs cuz bears chewed them up.  Didn't always tear them down but liked to bite into them. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's interesting...  :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered what those were in there for. Thanks Barry. I know they like to chew on green treat lumber too. They really go after some of our deer stands down at hunting camp.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kept some of the snowmobile signs with bear teeth marks in them.  Keep your eyes peeled when on the trails next season.  They could pull them down easily but lots of them just have teeth marks in them.  It must feel good to bite them.