Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MLB owners plan/July start  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd love to see it to, but we'll see if we can figure out how to split up the money.

Will stars risk career-alterning injuries while working at a reduced percentage rate?

Its alwasy about the next contract for pro sports players these days.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The owners are using the CV19 as an excuse to try to install a salary cap, I have a hard time believing the players union will go for that as it won't ever be taken back out. Just my $.02
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Obviously the owners won't be able to (or won't be willing to) pay ballplayer's full salaries on a reduced schedule with no fan revinue. 

So they got short term and long term money issues to solve.  My best guess without having read much on it - or listened to the talking head sports wonks - is that there won't be any baseball this summer and it will be status quo next season.

Has anyone heard what is in the player's collective bargaining agreement for this scenario?  They typically have guaranteed contracts.  Are they getting paid full salary this season?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sean Doolittle,a pitcher for the Nationals has some posts/ a thread out yday on some of the issues he sees coming up with the start of the MLB season now. Got a minute, you may want to check it out, Steve-o
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, reading that makes me think baseball isn't going to happen this year.

The virus is out there and no employer is going to be able to protect you from it - not at a meat packing plant, not in an office setting, or not in a baseball clubhouse.

If I was a pro athlete (with money in the bank), I'd delay going back to work as long as possible to wait for the most effective treatments, which could mitigate any lasting damage the virus might do.