Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Another food recall  (Read 42047 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Exactly!! :happy1:  Why is it always way after the fact?!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I don't get it Reb.  These recalls are always after the fact.  Folks already are eating the stuff or in the freezer.  They have federal inspectors in every plant.  One thing about recalls, the stores hear about it right away before the media does and it gets pulled on the spot.  So you should not ever see a recalled item in any store.  good luck.
Exactly!! :happy1:  Why is it always way after the fact?!
well to answer both questions on one shot, further processing plants, no slaughter, has inspection on a random basis..   in other words that person covers 3 or 4 plants..  and they can be 50 miles apart to boot...   I have been close to 100 miles between plants at times, before I retired..  Rh the state inspects the stores, how often do you see them??  that is how how it works.. FDA come around 1 or 2 times a year..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that makes sense!  :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike the stores here like Cub and Walmart for example have a company that's called Ecolab that sends inspectors once a month but they have nothing to do with food production.  They just inspect the sanitary conditions in the stores.  The state inspectors may come a couple of times a year and they also have nothing to do with production.  Way back in the days when I worked in a meat market they sold retail and some wholesale.  There we had a federal inspector who was there often.  Had to have a little desk space for the guy.  He only checked mainly for sanitary conditions and labeling of products.  When I first started I worked at Ambassador Sausage Co. in MPLS.  They had a federal inspector also who was there often.  He checked production, packaging, and sanitary conditions.  So as far as this recall,  the inspections should have taken place at the plant where this product was made.  They also took samples of ground beef to test for the correct lean/fat ratio.  Don't really know if the inspectors can catch things like small rocks in random boxes of the product on a production line.  Probably like hitting the lottery.  Seems like it's the consumers who complain and then action is taken.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you are right on over all Rh...  yes Ecolab is not food related, per say..  and yes something like that would be real hard to find...  so that is why all plants work with HACCP plans..  hazard analysis critical control points...   so in other words a paper trail...  and also SSOP, standard sanitation operating procedures...  sure glad I'm not chasing that around any more either!1
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't know you were a inspector.  I got to know some of them over the years , especially Ecolab.  Nice guys and so where the feds.  Funny how some of them always picked on one item, and with the Ecolab guy it's always the saw which he goes over well but with the rest of the room he gives it a good visual scan LOL.  We go his number down well LOL.  We had one fed inspector just look at our brine containers for some reason so that was cared for good.  I did most of the cleaning back then since I was the rookie.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Didn't know you were a inspector.  I got to know some of them over the years , especially Ecolab.  Nice guys and so where the feds.  Funny how some of them always picked on one item, and with the Ecolab guy it's always the saw which he goes over well but with the rest of the room he gives it a good visual scan LOL.  We go his number down well LOL.  We had one fed inspector just look at our brine containers for some reason so that was cared for good.  I did most of the cleaning back then since I was the rookie.  good luck.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: sounds like some OSHA inspectors I've seen in action. each one seems to have its own agenda!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ecolab is pretty much a fixture at Mayo.....a ton of areas/cafeterias/food rooms to inspect. Saw those guys daily.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
« Last Edit: June 06/24/20, 10:24:25 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: :pouty: i cant afford them spending premade bag thingys like the high buck people get..........i gotta grow my own and start from scratch!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :confused: :evil: :evil: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured you were a hemp and lambsquarters and plantain guy.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:confused: :pouty: i cant afford them spending premade bag thingys like the high buck people get..........i gotta grow my own and start from scratch!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :confused: :evil: :evil: :nerd:

Poor Gleen  my :moon: cant afford them spending premade bag thingys  :crazy:

enlarge photo :Photography:
« Last Edit: June 06/24/20, 03:56:42 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again