Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dispersing protest crowds  (Read 15448 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with you DB.  Lots of entities working here too.  AND this is not a racist thing at all.  Just a human that killed another human and was on tape.  BLM seems to inflate and make things worse for everyone in my eyes.  It is always a racial thing to them meaning to me that they are endorsing racism.  Like has been said there were 3 or 4 ethnicities of cops involved here so racism is out of the mix as far as I am concerned to me.  Just inflated values that made a huge difference as to how this was handled. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I had to type and erase a few times before replying to this one.  My opinions.   First off I don't give a damn what color, race, sex, or if you wear your wife's panties but what is going on in this country from people of all shades is WRONG. 

Do I agree with how that arrest was handled?  Not at all.  So people protest and this turns to violence.  IMO...At the point it turned violent or destructive behavior they turned into criminals.  They are no longer protesters.   They put the lives of people in danger, businesses destroyed resulting in the loss of jobs for others.  The man who spent every penny to buy his dream business (who did not even have insurance on it yet) lost his dream and his savings.  For what??  So the criminals can feel they won?

Then we have the issue of the officers, fire crews, first responders and military who have to put their lives on the line to protect the innocent and even the criminals during this mess.   They have to walk into that destruction under a stand down order so basically with their hands tied so some politician can try to make himself look better.   

We have a worthless Governer in this state who feels it is more important to provide apologies and lip service to the criminals who are causing this mess then it is to stop it.  Gee maybe this curfew should have been put in place like ohhhh Fri at the lateste?     Utilize the National Gaurd but don't tie their hands.  Let them do what needs to be done.   If that means a few criminals might get shot with less that lethal or lead then so be it.  They should not have been there robbing and looting.  Just before anyone thinks they did no do a great job down there, it is not the case.  They have done great with what they were allowed.   Had this assembly of personnel been allowed and put together earlier some of this destruction may be been avoided.

The truck driver....Fact..he did not drive around a barrier.  He passed just before they put it up.  My guess he had no clues why they were putting it up.   In most cities, they put them up all the time for construction.  Could he have thought it was construction and he was the last vehicle to pass before they shut it down?    if you look at the brake lights he is applying them about the time he sees the crowd.    These trucks do not stop anywhere close to a car.  They take a lot of time to stop.  IMO again...once they started jumping on my truck it would be grab a gear and hang on time. 

Thats my rant for the day....now as for dispersing this trash.... Firetruck with dyed ink-water sprayed to mark the trouble mark the criminals and for better identification.   Rubber bullets groin level to prevent future breeding.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  Charges: Illinois man went to Minneapolis to riot :pouty:

:reporter;  Associated Press 1 hr ago

:popcorn: MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An Illinois man who allegedly traveled to Minneapolis to participate in riots after the death of George Floyd has been arrested and charged with federal counts, after prosecutors say videos posted to his Facebook page showed him handing out explosives and damaging property.

Matthew Lee Rupert, 28, of Galesburg, Illinois, was arrested in Chicago and charged Monday by criminal complaint with three counts, including civil disorder, carrying on a riot and possession of unregistered destructive devices.

According to an FBI affidavit, Rupert posted self-recorded videos on his Facebook page last week that show him in Minneapolis. In one video, he is seen handing out explosive devices to others and encouraging them to throw them at law enforcement. He's also shown damaging property and attempting to light a business on fire. In that video, Rupert says: “We come to riot, boy! This is what we came for!”   :doofus:
« Last Edit: June 06/01/20, 11:43:04 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think as time passes we will see more and more arrested for the rioting & looting. Between cameras at and around most businesses and the public all walking around with cameras needing to be important these guys will be identified.

No brainiacs in the crowd that need to video & post EVERYTHING including his own confession on the net.

Scenic I agree with most everything you posted.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Looting a Habitat for Humanity house??? Brilliant......as brilliant as protesting on a freeway and not expecting to get run over by a semi...sounds like the driver of said semi never went around any closed barricades. Why is he still in custody?

Seriously?

How fast would you approach a mass of people on the roadway?
Would it have occurred to you to stop the truck and let them pass?
Are you sure it wasn't a act of violence and he chickened out at the last second?

Sarcasm my friend. Hard to be anything but at this point.

But Seriously,

I wouldn’t protest in the middle of an open freeway. But maybe that’s because I would be at work. I have a hard time being sympathetic to any of these people at this point. The disconnect between rural and urban has never been greater.

If I missed the sarcasm i'm sorry.

However let me correct a thing or two on your response.

1) It wasn't a open freeway. It was closed.
2) It was Sunday and maybe only you would be at work. Many others would have the day off.

I will agree the disconnect is huge. For many reasons. One of the reasons is people assume just because a person protests they are scum, lack a job, are on welfare, are looking to loot and vandalize.

Facts are that was a peaceful demonstration as guaranteed under the constitution. They were on the freeway because thats where the Law Enforcement wanted them. When you are on the 35 bridge there is nowhere to go. You are "controlled " from exit to exit. To lump them into the same class of people as the looters would be like saying all farmers are uneducated and only survive under government farming programs.

As far as the semi goes, it was speculated he was on the freeway system when it was closed down. Last I heard they couldn't find footage of him going around a barricade or anything. I will say he was going far to fast. I will say he was likely scared for his life. Being Russian i'm guessing he barely speaks English and can hardly drive a truck. (stereotyping him I know, but I've interacted with enough Russian truck drivers to have a pretty good guess) Him being arrested does two things.

1) gives the cops time to figure out what happened.
2) kept him out of the protesters hands who would no doubt beat him to a pulp.

Sorry if I offended some here but i've read far to many bs theories on what should have been or could have been done. This is a bad deal with a guy getting murdered by the cops. No justifying that. However a lot of factors went into the looting and lawlessness we saw, not all of it preventable. I'm no buddy of Walz, fact is I don't like him but I think over-all he has done a pretty good job with this. As well as we can expect I suppose.

Dutch boy, from what I can tell our view points are not that far apart..but yet they are.

Not once have I said people don't have a right to protest. But breaking the law while doing it is a different story. And the fact is nobody should have been on that freeway if it was closed...not only the law but basic common sense should govern that..

Correct.... Your statement about farmers living off government subsidies and being uneducated is no different than you THINKING I lump all of the protesters together...
The amount of dollars spent on the farm programs, actual farm related programs is a drop in the bucket compared to the welfare portion of the farm bill. In fact around 80% of the farm bill is welfare and or food stamp related in some shape or form. Again more disconnect. The urban area wants cheap food but doesn't understand what it takes to produce it. And they should be happy supporting the farm programs because much more of it supports them than the guy raising their food..

So your telling me the disaster that has went on between Tuesday and Saturday (I'm giving you Sunday off)in this country, and started again Monday, not just MN, was done by mostly people that work.  :bs: the vast majority are not working, a large number of them are on assistance, and a large number of them did intend to loot and vandalize.
Now I don't care if your red,yellow,green,purple,black,white or any other color.....but if you spent the time working instead of protesting we would all be better off. If your unfortunate, and out of a job....Start cleaning up. Many did and I applaud that! That's going to go much further to help your cause and the divide between black/white/rural/urban/cop/civilian than protest, looting, burning, riots, and or destruction ever will...

Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I don't care if your red,yellow,green,purple,black,white or any other color.....but if you spent the time working instead of protesting we would all be better off.

How bout Blue, you didn't say Blue?   :sleazy:   
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ooh la la!!!!!!!! :hubba: :hubba: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ooh la la!!!!!!!! :hubba: :hubba: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

only a smurf!!!!   too funny!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 George Floyd’s obituary.....

While I don't agree with the way he met his demise he certainly was NOT a pillar of the community.

GEORGE FLOYD  (1974-2020)

George Floyd, 46,  died while being arrested for passing a counterfeit twenty dollar bill in Minneapolis, Mn., on May 25, 2020.  George was a lifelong drug addict and career criminal whose interests included selling cocaineand fentanyl, robbing defenseless women during home invasions, and spending time in prison among others like him.  The cause of death is undetermined but George, unsurprisingly, tested positive for methamphetamine and fentanyl, two of his favorite recreationaldrugs.

George recently moved to Minneapolis to get a fresh start and to leave Houston, where he had accumulated at least three convictions for drug offenses and aggravated robbery while armed with a firearm. The fact that his most recent arrest was for a non-violent offense shows that George had finally found his way.

George is survived by several children from several different baby mommas, none of whom had seen him for years because he was only recently released from Texas State Prison after serving a five yearsentence for his robbery conviction.

Funeral services will be held on various dates all over the country to honor this pillar of society.  Mourners are invited to join violent :taz: demonstrations to honor George's memory.  Molotov cocktailsare requested in lieu of flowers.  Murdering :happy1: an innocent police officer with a wife and young children would also be an acceptable way of demonstrating our respect for George.  :bonk: :banghead:
« Last Edit: June 06/18/20, 09:06:19 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Everyone try saying "I can't breath" while holding your breath.  Dude died of a heart attack brought on by the struggle.  You can't talk if you can't breath. Just a Fact no one is bring up.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, you can exhale and say it.  Just can't inhale.   And the guy was kneeling on the artery bringing blood to the brain, knocks you out and then kills you pretty fast, which is why those mma dudes are always trying for various chokes.   Of course they are a lot easier if the opponent is handcuffed like George Floyd was.       

Hey Borgie, you trying to say the cop was justified in killing him while handcuffed and not struggling?    Just because he wasn't a good citizen?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, you can exhale and say it.  Just can't inhale.   And the guy was kneeling on the artery bringing blood to the brain, knocks you out and then kills you pretty fast, which is why those mma dudes are always trying for various chokes.   Of course they are a lot easier if the opponent is handcuffed like George Floyd was.       

Hey Borgie, you trying to say the cop was justified in killing him while handcuffed and not struggling?    Just because he wasn't a good citizen?
:doofus: :doofus: there ya go again drawing unfounded conclusions!!!!!

read his very first sentence, after the big bold red.

my take on Lee's post.............for all the attention this guy got and the funeral coverage this guy got was more then alot of presidents get, hell i watched the funeral of Chris Kyle, it resembled that!! Lee is merely, in my mind, pointing out the 3 ring circus this guy got for being a lifetime criminal.

AND NO, I DO NOT AGREE HE SHOULD OF DIED THE WAY HE DID. everyone seems to forget, he did something to draw the attention of the police.......... the police did not go looking for him. dont break the law......cops leave ya alone.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

First off Glenn tanks fur lookin out fur my proper Actual Quotes

delcecchi Ma Brotha...Ma Brotha yer mistakin :doah: Dems is yer words not mine :tut: Ya can't put words in my mouth dat I didn't even say. :crazy:

Peace be wit ya Ma Brotha :happy1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O8gTIr4lys
« Last Edit: June 06/18/20, 03:24:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Everyone try saying "I can't breath" while holding your breath.  Dude died of a heart attack brought on by the struggle.  You can't talk if you can't breath. Just a Fact no one is bring up.

Not what medical examiner official cause of death was.   

And Smurfy "dont break the law......cops leave ya alone." you sounding like a small town guy.  And not living in a high crime area.  Ever hear of "stop and frisk" ?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Not what medical examiner official cause of death was.   

And Smurfy "dont break the law......cops leave ya alone." you sounding like a small town guy.  And not living in a high crime area.  Ever hear of "stop and frisk" ?

Actually it was.  You may be thinking of the medical examine paid for by the family? (usually you get what you pay for)

(CNN) Experts hired by George Floyd's family and the Hennepin County Medical Examiner have concluded his death was a homicide, but they differ on what caused it.
The independent autopsy says Floyd died of "asphyxiation from sustained pressure" when his neck and back were compressed by Minneapolis police officers during his arrest last week. The pressure cut off blood flow to his brain, that autopsy determined.

But the medical examiner's office, in its report also released Monday, said that the cause of death is "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." Cardiopulmonary arrest means Floyd's heart failed.
« Last Edit: June 06/18/20, 11:21:33 PM by Leech~~ »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
cardiopulmonary arrest means he stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating...  because
"complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." ie because the cop was kneeling on his neck.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Their autopsy was done after charges were made on the officers.  The State examiner did his autopsy before charges were made.  So that may have had an affect on the terminology of the results too.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
cardiopulmonary arrest means he stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating...  because
"complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." ie because the cop was kneeling on his neck.   

Doctor Del, wrong again!

A cardiac arrest is also called a cardiopulmonary arrest or circulatory arrest and indicates a sudden stop in effective and normal blood circulation due to failure of the heart to pump blood.   :bonk: :bonk:  :surrender:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Doctor Del, wrong again!

A cardiac arrest is also called a cardiopulmonary arrest or circulatory arrest and indicates a sudden stop in effective and normal blood circulation due to failure of the heart to pump blood.   :bonk: :bonk:  :surrender:
And a heart attack is called an MI or Myocardial Infarction.    Did you see that anywhere in the medical examiner report?   

Why are you so determined to conclude that a cop kneeling on his neck for 8 minutes or so had nothing to do with him dying? 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Doctor Del, wrong again!

And a heart attack is called an MI or Myocardial Infarction.    Did you see that anywhere in the medical examiner report?   

Why are you so determined to conclude that a cop kneeling on his neck for 8 minutes or so had nothing to do with him dying?

Del, of course I am very sorry that this man died this way.  But, I do believe in all things that clarity not going on just feelings must be stated or truth will never be told in any of these issues.
« Last Edit: June 06/19/20, 01:19:04 PM by Leech~~ »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla: :cry: :whistling: :doofus: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

what difference does it friggin make........da guy died!!!!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I could like that one about 50 times Steve. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, of course I am very sorry that this man died this way.  But, I do believe in all things that clarity not going on just feelings must be stated or truth will never be told in any of these issues.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:19:00 PM by Leech~~ »
------------------------
Yep, I'm all for truth as well, even if it shows stuff we find it hard to believe could happen.   

I find it hard to believe that it was just a coincidence that George died of a heart attack while a cop happened to be kneeling on his neck.    I also find it disturbing, if true, that he continued kneeling on neck for a couple minutes after George lost consciousness and another cop couldn't find a pulse.

The videos I have seen show no struggle although I have not seen any that show what happened as they were trying to get George to get in the car or if he was in the car, what happened in there.   Body cam or any in car video hasn't been released.   We will see it if there is a trial and not a plea deal. 

You should at least consider that this was a case of excessive force by a police officer.   The reasons for it have yet to be revealed.  Was it personal, because they knew each other from working security at same club in Minneapolis?   Had they had previous encounters?    Was it just because he was a big strong black dude who wasn't perfectly cooperative and the cop was going to show him who was boss?   

We need the body cam video to be sure.    But it sure seems likely to me that this was indeed a case of excessive force that killed a man.   Maybe it was bad luck, like sucker punching someone and they get knocked down and hit their head and die.  But cop should have known better and done better is my preliminary opinion.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I too believe something happened when they tried putting him in the car and we are not getting to see it. Even though once they had him on the ground and handcuffed he didn't need to keep his knee on his neck. That is where the whole situation went bad.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: I see where the politicians in st paul are pissing on one another. :rotflmao: Walz wants to set up a fund to help support law enforcement when these trials start.

Gazelka says pack sand to Minneapolis, they wanna cut the police department deal with it.  :rotflmao: I agree. :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like Chauvin had a habit of going apecrap on folks... 
https://www.twincities.com/2021/02/02/dont-kill-me-others-tell-of-abuse-by-officer-who-knelt-on-george-floyd/

I still think there might well have been something personal with him and Floyd.   I think they knew each other from working security at same joint.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:sleazy: I see where the politicians in st paul are pissing on one another. :rotflmao: Walz wants to set up a fund to help support law enforcement when these trials start.

Gazelka says pack sand to Minneapolis, they wanna cut the police department deal with it.  :rotflmao: I agree. :happy1:

The whole state is going to have a problem on their hands when this trial starts but moreso the metro area. All the trouble makers from out of town will show up and fan the flames (see what I did there) when these trials start. There is little chance that everybody but Chavin gets off with maybe suspensions or probation. I'm not sure they will even lose their jobs. That will be enough to light the match. If there is enough video evidence to get a reduced sentence for Chavin then it will really set things off. Keep in mind it will be early summer or late spring before these trials are getting over. Warm weather, nice nights, no ice & snow. Why wouldn't people riot?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yohh i hear ya.........not disagreeing one bit. dont matter Floyd had 2 illegal drugs in his system that was probablt gonna kill him anyway!!