Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota state parks open house day set for Sunday, June 4  (Read 4709 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
The annual Minnesota state park open house will take place this year at most parks on Sunday, June 4, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

"Each year the public is invited to visit their state parks for free on the first Sunday in June," said Courtland Nelson, director of Division of Parks and Recreation for the DNR. "Open house day gives everyone the opportunity to make a return visit to their favorite state park or venture to a state park they've never visited before."

Many state parks will host special events for open house day and a full schedule of events will be posted on the state park Web site at www.mnstateparks.info beginning April 3.

Although no vehicle permit is required to enter state parks during open house, tour fees will be charged on June 4 for tours of Mystery Cave at Forestville, Soudan Underground Mine and Hill Annex Mine. Regular camping and lodging fees also will be in effect that day.

State parks with alternate open house dates include:

- Glendalough, Battle Lake, April 22, "Walk for Glendalough" to celebrate Earth Day.

- Wild River, Center City, May 20, "Seegwan," a spring celebration when visitors can plant a prairie, go on a bird hike, yank out pesky European buckthorn, and buy native plants that attract butterflies and birds.

- Whitewater, Altura, June 10, the park will host a 'Take a Kid Fishing' event

- Sibley, New London, Sept. 9, free admission to the park in conjunction with New London's celebration of Prairie Pothole Day.

- William O'Brien, Marine on St. Croix, Sept. 23, see demonstrations and tour a Voyageur Encampment.

If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy