Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: retiring?????????????????  (Read 36561 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Really it should be Glenn, He is like the chickens a$$. Always getting picked on.  ;) :evil: :angel:
I can handle it. :happy1: I might even dish a little out. :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
That is what makes it fun.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to Sauk Centre yesterday and picked my retirement gift (from myself). May have go for a ride Labor Day weekend in Hubbard Co.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ahh good oh Country Cat!!!  congrats!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool as heck!  Good for you!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: nice ride Mark!! :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Thanks for the comments guys. Pretty good bunch down in Sauk at CC. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, hey, I'm retired too, where's mine.  I'm a bit jealous.  Congrats looks great.  Now, can you keep the kids out of it. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
deadeye, yours has eight wheels I thought. And I hide the key. By the way your old buggy is in Wadena Co. and still runs like Swiss watch. Thanks. Drove it to the trap range last night and shot a couple of rounds. Need to start buying some trinkets for it now.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear it's still working for you.  The Argo still gets us to Buck Ridge and hasn't gotten stuck yet.  Lord help us if it does get stuck.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so last nite at the membership meeting the members approved me being able to keep my phone and laptop!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

then the car. when i looked at kelly blue book they valued it at 3818.00 to 4200.00. we need to actually sell it to the dealership then he sells to me. he said on the lot it would value at 8 grand. both myself and da boss disagreed and said that was way to much. so he swung it by the executive board and agreed to sell it to me for 5500.00. little more then what i wanted to pay but i'm not gonna argue. he did let me put new tires on it. along with an oil change that bill was close to 12oo bucks. it'll be about 6 grand with tax and title transfer.

so you guys think thats an OK deal?????? it'll have a 163,000 mile on it, had a new tranny put in it a year ago and has no dings in it, or rust. whadda think????????

also the furlough thing is going to continue through spet. so my last day of actual being on payroll  will be friday sept 25th. furlough that last 3 days. i cant wait now. he also said its probably going to get worse as inthe rest of the staff will be furloughed a month at a time through the end of the year..........so its a good time to be retiring in my opinion. he wasnt to optomistict for 2021 at this point either. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What kind of car is it and what year?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
2017 chevy impala. sorry, kinda forgot those details!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

in todays paper they had an Auto section, there was a 2016 chevy malibu for 12,000. not sure the mileage though!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yours is high in mileage but the cars now can go lots of miles.  Sounds like a good deal Glenn. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yours is high in mileage but the cars now can go lots of miles.  Sounds like a good deal Glenn.
kinda what i'm thinkin!!!!!! :happy1:

thanks always nice to have a second opinion!!!!!! :happy1:

yea i do a lot of windshield time. for instance, on tuesday i go to sioux falls, and wed i got to grand rapids mn.
« Last Edit: August 08/21/20, 08:30:32 AM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd buy it I do think so yes not a bad deal over all...

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And what is the alternative???  :confused:

You'd have to go out and buy something else?  You know the maintenance records and driving history.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
What SteveO said is what i was thinking too. Knowing what you have already is worth something too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Being it is all hwy miles helps too.  It didn't stop at every stop sign in town for all of those miles.  And the doors weren't slammed every 10 miles at the end of a short trip like most family cars. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
But, hey!  We don't know how Glenn drives.  Maybe it wasn't such a good deal after all.     :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
But, hey!  We don't know how Glenn drives.  Maybe it wasn't such a good deal after all.     :scratch:

that's for sure!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,your insight is spot on,my learning curve for retirement was lacking,leaned " by gosh and by golly" but your info is accurate

thanx,

oh,none essential employee started for me last april,UE beifits helped to pad my SS income,I sniffed around for some part time gig but not seriously looking,nothing for a hard ,beat up old fart...So spent many afternoons after morning workouts at white bear lake public boat access,amussing myself watching folks trying to launch boats,cheap humor,its amazing how unaware folks are at this access,no concern about other folks,just pull in,block the access for other folks with they're shete together rigs ready to launch or trailer out.these folks are clueless the circus starts,take the tarp off,unload vehicle and load boat etc.,folks fuming behind,some voice up,then the trailers afraid of the water....classic. last month they had a shooting one affernoon...little extreme just to put in.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

in todays paper they had an Auto section, there was a 2016 chevy malibu for 12,000. not sure the mileage though!!!!!!
I did a little checkin, glenn, it's got the 3.6L/6 cyl right? Couldn't get a quote from Edmunds without the VIN :scratch: :confused: so I gave KBB a look. Is it the LS, LT, or the Premier model? I'm bettin it's the LS, for that year, in your zip code, in very good condition, & those miles the value for trade in is between $5400-$6900. So I'd say they're tryin to treat you right. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Then you can spend a buttload on your retirement truck!  Or did you buy Mikes truck?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Then you can spend a buttload on your retirement truck!  Or did you buy Mikes truck?

naw he doesn't want something that nice!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Do it Glenn!! Just watch all the little grocery runs, keep it warmed up. I bet your fish house could be strapped to the top, nice and lite rig.. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I did a little checkin, glenn, it's got the 3.6L/6 cyl right? Couldn't get a quote from Edmunds without the VIN :scratch: :confused: so I gave KBB a look. Is it the LS, LT, or the Premier model? I'm bettin it's the LS, for that year, in your zip code, in very good condition, & those miles the value for trade in is between $5400-$6900. So I'd say they're tryin to treat you right. :cool:
thanks Gunner, I appreciate the research. yea it the LS. IF HOPE they'd treat me right. I was there 13 1/2 years basically on my own. Yea I think they did me right. :happy1: I'm satisfied.

Mikey.. go to bed!!! :rotflmao:

Boober... That's going to be my wife's car. Still looking for a truck but the credit union is f***in the dog. They don't come through soon it's see ya. Been there 30 years and this Covid crap don't help. Otherwise I have other plans. :sleazy: :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yea beer good. :happy1: :rotflmao: