Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: retiring?????????????????  (Read 36552 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Along the retirement lines........

What do you retired guys do to take up the time? I retired the end of August and am bored silly.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Not there yet, but It seems like when your not retired you have to much to do and not enough time. Look back and do all those things you said you would do or wanted to do the last 40 years, If you were Retired. And do them.  :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

What do you retired guys do to take up the time? I retired the end of August and am bored silly.
well dutchy, not sure what feb brings but since i retired i spent alot of time up at the cabin doing things like leech said, things i wanted to do wishing i was retired. did alot of things around home to. i know you just moved to the tundra, but i started mauring thru and getting rid of crap.

i also garden, do alot of canning, so i spent more time in the garden and didnt have to do what i wanted to all in a weekend!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So my former employer DCI gave this to me at my retirement party. I spent 28 years working there welding stainless steel,and the next 13 1/2 years being a pain in there butt.
:scratch: You must've been a little better welder than I thought!! :confused:             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a retired guy on another forum I really admire. This guy builds all kinds of Ice fishing camera panning motors, locator cable winders and gizmo's and even built his own small snowmobile for ice fishing out of an old ones.  His only problem with retirement is running out of time before ideas!  :happy1: :happy1:

But, you could be like my father in Law. Watch movie videos and read books until you punch life's clock one last time.   Either way do what you like.

I'm sure my wife and kids are going to say at my funeral after I die on the Ice, on my ATV or fall out on my tree stand!  " he died doing what he wanted to do"   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So my former employer DCI gave this to me at my retirement party. I spent 28 years working there welding stainless steel,and the next 13 1/2 years being a pain in there butt.
:scratch: You must've been a little better welder than I thought!! :confused:             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
training-087 :banghead: :banghead: I'll have you know, there are alot of things you have ate, drank, or a med you've used that probably I haven't had a hand in building. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a retired guy on another forum I really admire. This guy builds all kinds of Ice fishing camera panning motors, locator cable winders and gizmo's and even built his own small snowmobile for ice fishing out of an old ones.  His only problem with retirement is running out of time before ideas!  :happy1: :happy1:

But, you could be like my father in Law. Watch movie videos and read books until you punch life's clock one last time.   Either way do what you like.

I'm sure my wife and kids are going to say at my funeral after I die on the Ice, on my ATV or fall out on my tree stand!  " he died doing what he wanted to do"   :rotflmao:
would that be papadarv, leech?? Yea that guy is good.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn nice fire ring Glenn!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Winter months are the worse, especially now with the virus keeping us almost shut in, and living here in the cities where ice fishing is not the best, makes it even rougher.
At least the better half and I play some cribbage and I do some computer games, but that is about it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Winter months are the worse, especially now with the virus keeping us almost shut in, and living here in the cities where ice fishing is not the best, makes it even rougher.
At least the better half and I play some cribbage and I do some computer games, but that is about it.
:scratch: :scratch: awe, but arent you they same guy that cant catch fish even iffin your fishing in cabela's fish tanks!!!!!!!! :scratch: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry.............mikey dared me!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been retired for two years.  It is great but does take some getting used to.  I like to fish and just be in the boat so that kills a lot of time.  But there is a learning curve with what to do with all of the extra time.  Slowly my daily routine evolved into what I do now.  I do read a lot when I am bored and that helps.  I do most of the cooking and cleaning the kitchen up too now.  You will find your routine in time.  Just relax and enjoy it. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: You can always do like few of us here do & designate an hour or so  everyday to trying/hoping to straighten glenn out!!  :crazy: :pouty:                    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: You can always do like few of us here do & designate an hour or so  everyday to trying/hoping to straighten glenn out!!  :crazy: :pouty:                    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
so how's it working so far!!  :sleazy: :evil: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We're not B O R E D!! :sleazy: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

so how's it working so far!!  :sleazy: :evil: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :rotflmao:

Pretty much like urinating into the wind.   Only without the wet shoes.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's the winter months that I think will be the issue. I don't ice fish, ski, snowmobile, hike. Nothing. Just sitting around. Read 17 books since Oct.

Once the snow & ice go away the boat will be out and on Rainy.

The straightening Glenn out sounds like to much work. Heck i'd rather jump out in front of one of these logging trucks then spend a hour a day working on him. Much like the Vikings winning a Super Bowl some things just can't be done.   :sad:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's the winter months that I think will be the issue. I don't ice fish, ski, snowmobile, hike. Nothing. Just sitting around. Read 17 books since Oct.

The straightening Glenn out sounds like to much work. Heck i'd rather jump out in front of one of these logging trucks then spend a hour a day working on him. Much like the Vikings winning a Super Bowl some things just can't be done.   :sad:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: hey wait........... :confused: :confused: :banghead:

sell yourself on the streets of I Falls!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :evil: be a wallyworld greeter......... :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

now dats funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

now dats funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:pouty: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Coming here greatly helped me through the real boring/getting used to retirement program.  Probably drove everyone nuts but it was a great resource of friends to talk to so my day had some social interaction.  I missed that the most at first. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here's my short and long term retirement plans.   :rotflmao:
I got this Christmas present from my wife. It fits pretty well this year.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I need one of those.
Hey look your bobber is up!