Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: retiring?????????????????  (Read 36541 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
right now i'm still pretty unhappy, but like  i told my wife we need to start embracing it cause its gonna happen.

i think she's scared of me being home with her all of the time!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she also told me the first 3 months after i retire  i have to go up north and i can only come home every 2 weeks to do laundry and restock food. :confused: :pouty: i fired back, WELL  dont threaten me with a good time!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my I can see the love there!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
You will figure it out Glenn.I retired 13 years ago. Our retirement included an option of taking 25% of our total in a 1 time payment. Then figure out the monthly payment. I took it and we added it to our 401. Why not let us get the interest?

I love gardening, so I went and worked in a grocery store produce department. Put all that into a hunting a fishing account. That lasted until knee surgery. Couldn't stand for 8 hours a day.

I love being retired with lots of activities. You will to. We have traveled since then.....taking 6 cruises and a 21 day bus ride around Europe. With this Covid 19 thing won't be doing any of that till their is a vaccine.

Retire...... :happy1: :happy1:  :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/19/20, 09:04:55 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
right now i'm still pretty unhappy, but like  i told my wife we need to start embracing it cause its gonna happen.

i think she's scared of me being home with her all of the time!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she also told me the first 3 months after i retire  i have to go up north and i can only come home every 2 weeks to do laundry and restock food. :confused: :pouty: i fired back, WELL  dont threaten me with a good time!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:
:scratch: Think I'd be scared too! ;) ;D  Afraid you'll drive her :crazy:  I can see lots of babysitting the grandkids in her future, that or counseling. :rolleyes: :smiley: That & a new sign :help: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                                              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Think I'd be scared too! ;) ;D  Afraid you'll drive her :crazy:  I can see lots of babysitting the grandkids in her future, that or counseling. :rolleyes: :smiley: That & a new sign :help: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                                              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: you should be scared..............i'll be closer to you up north then her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last week I requested a pension estimate. I received that yesterday in the mail. along with SS I think I may enjoy being retired. :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
see it's coming together already!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
See? Everything is suddenly unicorns & rainbows! I predict glenn will eventually enjoy going to Menards & noshing on rutabeggars!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Like I said on the other site, retirement is easier than people think if a person is somewhat financially responsible. I thought unions sold themselves as providing job security from knee jerk bad bosses among other things. How can this happen?
I've been your age, you never been mine!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said on the other site, retirement is easier than people think if a person is somewhat financially responsible. I thought unions sold themselves as providing job security from knee jerk bad bosses among other things. How can this happen?
it was a financial decision based on the Hall's finance. I represent the shops. They don't bring the revenue in like field construction. Shops pay monthly dues, the field pays monthly dues plus field dues of 4 1/4% of there gross when working. Our field took a real smack when this COVID hit. Most jobs got cancelled or delayed, pushed out to unknown dates, and next year doesn't look good either.

Simple math, my wages, benifits, car and expenses don't add up. I retain senority rights at my former employer and could go back there if I choose, but more than likely won't. I may dabble in something part-time in town, we shall see.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
last week I requested a pension estimate. I received that yesterday in the mail. along with SS I think I may enjoy being retired. :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1:
:scratch: Question is, will ANYBODY else?  :tut: :sleazy: :evil:                                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Question is, will ANYBODY else?  :tut: :sleazy: :evil:                                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :confused: :angry2: :pouty: :mooning:

Dotch... Bite me!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Glenn!! So whens the party??  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
94 calender days
57 work days!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow.  You are on the home stretch. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
may as well start embracing it instead of being all pissy about it. :pouty: :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
may as well start embracing it instead of being all pissy about it. :pouty: :rolleyes:

how's that workin for ya??????????   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

not real good right now!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :taz: :taz: :banghead:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You will be done by the time Vikings season starts Glenn.  And hunting seasons. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

just remember one thing, you get to retire...  how many have lost their jobs that can't retire...  and are now scrambling to get by... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
whiner! :rotflmao:
awe go make out with your wax babes!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/24/20, 01:21:15 PM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

just remember one thing, you get to retire...  how many have lost their jobs that can't retire...  and are now scrambling to get by...
and we must not forget those that chose not to work to take advantage of things. :angry2: :confused: if i was one of those you mentioned i could always go back to the shop i was at before i did this gig.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very true and yes there many taking advantage of this too..  it will all work out!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured something must be up when they paid you to go fishing for a week. :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured something must be up when they paid you to go fishing for a week. :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:
and he gets more than one!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman