Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: retiring?????????????????  (Read 36557 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Done gotz my retirement SS Done and a success.

Hmmm...I haven't mailed him anything lately  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Done gotz my retirement SS Done and a success.

Hmmm...I haven't mailed him anything lately  :rotflmao:
:tut: DONT EVEN THINK of mailing what you just emailed me. Well wait... :sleazy: :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bout time slow poke!!!   glad ya got it done!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
bout time slow poke!!!   glad ya got it done!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:pouty: ya know I still gotta do my job. :pouty: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: but I did get it done on union time. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 48 calender days

34 school days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and a paid week off next week too!!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn,I tried retiring last april wilst being furload as non essential,i'm a crabby single old fart that can't survive on my SS income but the unemployment + extra $600 sure helped until july 26th,now my company called me back,but truth be known I need the income,but learning my trade all over again sucks.

Goodluck Glenn if you retire,do it before hunting season,enjoy what you can today as long as you're healthy now,things might change by december for ya.Life is full of surprises.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks snow. i'll be officially retired Oct 1. even got my first day of retirement planned!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: gonna make horseradish!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks snow. i'll be officially retired Oct 1. even got my first day of retirement planned!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: gonna make horseradish!!!!!! :happy1:

I might have to run down there and get a few goodies from ya!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I might have to run down there and get a few goodies from ya!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
come on down. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

come on down. :happy1:

sweet!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One thing about retirement for me anyways.  The list never gets done.  I get a little stressed cuz I think I have everything done and then up pops a few more things and I try to hurry up and get them done.  Sometimes I just say the heck with it and take a day off and do fun stuff.  I need to do that more often.  The wife is wonderful and tells me to don't worry about it.  Like you tell me she says.  Just wait and do it tomorrow.  LOL  The retirement slogan you remember.  I try to just relax and go with the flow and try to get something done each day even if it is a small thing.  At least I crossed something off the list. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Since its looking more and more like SS is going to be a goner who knows if I will ever retire?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Since its looking more and more like SS is going to be a goner who knows if I will ever retire?
Universal Basic Income will fix you up.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Been paying in to SS and Medicare for over 49 years. All I want is what I've got coming for health care and as a supplement to our income. I'm afraid it won't happen.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

I respectively say BS on the Roony.  My Dad retired about 25 years ago and I remember him and my uncle saying the exact same thing.  We have paid in and we need to make the wacko politicians remember that we paid into it.  It is not an entitlement it is a savings fund.  Anyone that thinks different is the enemy!  Don't forget that and I won't neither.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's not forget when one of the Bush presidents raided it and never paid it back. Why would they care anyway they got all kinds of oil money! :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's not forget when one of the Bush presidents raided it and never paid it back. Why would they care anyway they got all kinds of oil money! :pouty:
I don't recall any Busy raiding it. I know Bush 2 tried to make it that the money you put in went in under your name and then it would be yours and yours alone. But the Dems threw a hissy fit over that.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

I respectively say BS on the Roony.  My Dad retired about 25 years ago and I remember him and my uncle saying the exact same thing.  We have paid in and we need to make the wacko politicians remember that we paid into it.  It is not an entitlement it is a savings fund.  Anyone that thinks different is the enemy!  Don't forget that and I won't neither.
Just last week the president signed an executive order that, in fact, defunded SS and Medicare. He also said that if he were reelected he would make those cuts permanent.
« Last Edit: August 08/15/20, 02:26:42 PM by roony »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what would likenis the ss ive paid in since the begining. not juat a monthly payment yil i die. it should all be mine and my families. wen lori and i are gone,  hiw much have we been paid in comparison to how much we,ve paind in.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I havnt seen anything from ss in the mail in quite a while,  just about logged in and created an account on their website just to see how its doing, but im 11 years away from retirement anyway, but still it might be worth watching.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
quote author=Boar link=topic=39821.msg355421#msg355421 date=1597515180]

what would likenis the ss ive paid in since the begining. not juat a monthly payment yil i die. it should all be mine and my families. wen lori and i are gone,  hiw much have we been paid in comparison to how much we,ve paind in.
[/quote]

If you live long enough you will draw back more than you put in!  You can create an account nf a few minutes and keep looking at it whenever you want to.  Can enter when you may retire and click the deal and will pop up with your numbers. You can play with the numbers to see how it works out for you. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :surrender: :scratch: every so often I get a statement from S.S. My estimate was $2900.09 per month. I'm sure taxes have to be taken also. I till I turn 65 I'm pretty much covered by the union plan.

LPS, is right do the math. I'd have to live till I'm 77 before it matters.

Same with my pension. I need to draw for 4  1/2 years maybe 4 based on my numbers then it's actually been all paid out what I have put in.
« Last Edit: August 08/15/20, 07:34:16 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I havnt seen anything from ss in the mail in quite a while,  just about logged in and created an account on their website just to see how its doing, but im 11 years away from retirement anyway, but still it might be worth watching.
It's easy to start an online account & I had 1 long before I was ready to draw. By putting in my different retirement dates it was easy for me to see that I'd be 75  :scratch: before I would make up the difference between drawing at 62 or waiting 'til I was 65. So I choose 62
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It was kinda nice getting those statements but I will create an account,  thanks gents!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I still get a statement at the end of the year ,Boober. Now instead of showing my earnings for the previous year, it now shows me how much I can make without it effecting my SSA. Being that you'll still be workin, I think :scratch: you should still get a statement every year with what they have for your earnings that year & how it effects what you'll be able to draw.
« Last Edit: August 08/16/20, 08:13:32 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

It was your buddy LBJ.   He put it on budget to cover up the deficits from the Democrats war in Vietnam.   

And sorry to say, it is indeed an entitlement, and we have no legal recourse if Congress were to cut or abolish it.   But a lot of us vote...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is too bad that health insurance is such a huge financial burden on us, actually dictating when we can retire.  I remember when I was about 16 and my Dad and Uncle were talking about how now they had a few dollars taken out of their checks to help fund their health care.  I remember them saying how it may even go up next year and eventually they could be paying $100 a month for a family policy.